Judge Eaton New WESH Trial Analyst

The article tells us Judge Eaton trained HHJP and is now the trial analyst for WESH - wow!
We were speculating what he was doing attending hearings - and now we know

You know, when that happened, I assumed he was gently chiding JB, but now I wonder if he was saying it for the judge's benefit...kind of like "don't think I don't know what you're doing here" in a friendly sort of way. You know, like old friends would do.

The article tells us Judge Eaton trained HHJP and is now the trial analyst for WESH - wow!

Excellent topic Logical!

So this begs the question . . . what if he disagrees with what HHJP does? I highly doubt this will ever be an issue . . .but it could happen. This is an excellent resource for issues of Law in Florida. I think this is an asset to the reporting and discussion team for this station. For me, it brings an added sense of crediblity in their reporting.

Was this the judge that was present in court on his last day of retirement and he left the courtroom during the time HHJP was on the bench? I vaguely remember something about that being mentioned by the talking heads on In Session or something to that effect.

And I was under the impression that he was there for CM. I still think he was because of what HHJP said at that time. :great: He took a swift exit!! :great:

ETA. I think he may have alerted HHJP to the reason for his being there?

Excellent topic Logical!

So this begs the question . . . what if he disagrees with what HHJP does? I highly doubt this will ever be an issue . . .but it could happen. This is an excellent resource for issues of Law in Florida. I think this is an asset to the reporting and discussion team for this station. For me, it brings an added sense of crediblity in their reporting.

Was this the judge that was present in court on his last day of retirement and he left the courtroom during the time HHJP was on the bench? I vaguely remember something about that being mentioned by the talking heads on In Session or something to that effect.

Yes wenwe4, this was the judge in the "audience" we were speculating was a friend of Mason's.
But what surprised me about this is that WESH has to me always been very defense slanted. So how would someone with this guy's stellar reputation slant his comments? Or would he?

"In 1998, Lykkebak represented a topless dancer, Rachel Reed, 22, whose 1-year-old daughter and a playmate had drowned in a pool after wandering into the backyard while Reed was asleep. Prosecutors charged Reed with manslaughter.

Eaton presided at her trial. After hearing only the state's case, he granted a judgment of acquittal, finding Reed not guilty. If Reed were convicted, the judge said, then any parent whose child was ever hurt or killed during a moment of inattention could be put on trial"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ziano-off-death-row-joseph-crazy-joe-spaziano

Looks like posters were discussing Judge Eaton exiting the courtroom here . . .
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5971882"]2011.01.05 Hearing TES Volunteer Computer Subpoena - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

So the judge who showed up at a hearing and made a quick exit, presumbly there in the first place for the defense since he's a friend of Mason's, is now on defense slanted WESH. And according to wenwe4's post up there, acquitted a mother around the same age as Casey for two children drowning while she slept - considered a moment of inattention by this same judge.

I won't be surprised to see this judge talk in the defense's favor. Not one bit. I think he didn't like what the defense did that day they asked him to show up, but I think he's definitely on their side otherwise.

:waitasec:
"In 1998, Lykkebak represented a topless dancer, Rachel Reed, 22, whose 1-year-old daughter and a playmate had drowned in a pool after wandering into the backyard while Reed was asleep. Prosecutors charged Reed with manslaughter.

Eaton presided at her trial. After hearing only the state's case, he granted a judgment of acquittal, finding Reed not guilty. If Reed were convicted, the judge said, then any parent whose child was ever hurt or killed during a moment of inattention could be put on trial"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ziano-off-death-row-joseph-crazy-joe-spaziano

2011.01.05 Hearing TES Volunteer Computer Subpoena - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That doesn't sound good!?!? I'll wait to see what he has to say though. :waitasec:

2011.01.05 Hearing TES Volunteer Computer Subpoena - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh no! Not THAT Judge! Now we know what WESH is doing with him!
I'm not feeling very good about this...

And I was under the impression that he was there for CM. I still think he was because of what HHJP said at that time. :great: He took a swift exit!! :great:

ETA. I think he may have alerted HHJP to the reason for his being there?

I always felt like CM had "tattled" on HHJP to HHJE for being biased against the DT and invited him in to see how unfair and mean HHJP was being to them. HHJE only had to sit in for a short period of time before realizing that HHJP was being very fair and actually guiding the DT along to keep them from being ineffective. I think his feedback and analysis will be invaluable to helping us understand what is going on and knowing what will probably happen next.

Oh no! Not THAT Judge! Now we know what WESH is doing with him!
I'm not feeling very good about this...

Me either, except that there's no way that duct tape got onto Caylee's mouth because she was inattended while Casey slept. That duct tape is a sticking point no matter what way anyone tries to say this was just an accident. I bet there was no duct tape in that previous case Judge Eaton ruled on.

QUOTE:
So the judge who showed up at a hearing and made a quick exit, presumbly there in the first place for the defense since he's a friend of Mason's, is now on defense slanted WESH. And according to wenwe4's post up there, acquitted a mother around the same age as Casey for two children drowning while she slept - considered a moment of inattention by this same judge.

I won't be surprised to see this judge talk in the defense's favor. Not one bit. I think he didn't like what the defense did that day they asked him to show up, but I think he's definitely on their side otherwise.
#[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6389029&postcount=10"]10[/ame]
Today, 10:37 AM

I AGREE TOTALLY, Wesh has always backed Baez..This Judge coming in bother's me since Wesh will be paying him..Don't bite the hand that feeds you kinda thing..hopefully NOT..time will tell.

But did she put them in trash bags ? load them up in her trunck ? dump them down the street ? not tell any body ?
I would take a nap when my girls were, when they were small and thank goodness nothing happened. But it could have and I'm thinking I wouldn't throw them away.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=51277"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame], I am sorry I had to copy an paste , but my quote thingy doesn't work an I don't have a Thanks anymore...bahhhaa..

Me either, except that there's no way that duct tape got onto Caylee's mouth because she was inattended while Casey slept. That duct tape is a sticking point no matter what way anyone tries to say this was just an accident. I bet there was no duct tape in that previous case Judge Eaton ruled on.

Yes, Aedrys, I was just sitting here thinking about the previous case and wondering how it would be possible to draw the same analogy with Caylee's death.
There is nothing the DT has presented to date that indicates they are going in that direction. And if they do switch, there is a mountain of forensics to overcome. A mountain too high for the DT to climb.
But I can also see why WESH would be interested in having him as an analyst, especially since RH has come out as being so critical of Baez.

Yes wenwe4, this was the judge in the "audience" we were speculating was a friend of Mason's.
But what surprised me about this is that WESH has to me always been very defense slanted. So how would someone with this guy's stellar reputation slant his comments? Or would he?

That was my first thought EXACTLY! :banghead:

I didn't notice a date when Judge Eaton is starting. Wonder if he will comment on HHJP's Frye decisions and more as they appear during today and (if he makes us wait) the next few days.

If he does, that may give us a flavor of what we can expect from him during the trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back