GUILTY AR - Mary Cross, 65, Norphlet, 22 April 2011

Not much information out there. Hope to hear more soon.
Why is Walmart always involved?

I am glad this is finally getting some attention. This lady is the grandmother of a friend of my two daughters. I don't know her personally, but my daughters say she is a very nice lady.

I am hoping for a good outcome.

Mary Cross is the sister of my grandmother. I did not know her, but because of the connection with family, I was one of the first to hear the news that her decomposing body was found in a creek in Norphlet, Arkansas. They are supposed to be reporting it tonight on channel 10 news. Body was sent in to forensics in Little Rock. Rumor is her boyfriend AND one of her daughters are suspects as both failed a polygraph test. There's some big deal in the family about her life insurance policy. I don't have any more details at the moment.

Hi Kristina Marie and welcome to the thread. I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible loss of your family member....this is so sad, and to think that her own daughter was possibly involved....how awful.

I am shocked to read this, just shocked.

I am sorry Kristina Marie.

Thanks, guys. I didn't really know her, but this is shocking to me, too, because I did know the daughter. Her son is my brother's closest friend. This has got to be harder on him than anyone else! I just don't know what to think right now...

I joined this to learn more about the case, and others, as I have inherited an interest in solving crimes from my aunt (she's been a member on here for over a decade I think!).

Anyways, I just want to thank you guys for posting about her in an effort to help find her. What a wonderful place--dedicated to bringing the lost home safely or finding justice for those who don't make it--even if the circumstances Websleuths is based on aren't so wonderful.

It would be nice to live in a crime-free world.

Kristina Marie, I am sorry that I didn't welcome you. I am sorry it's under such terrible circumstances that you are here. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know Mary's other daughter and her two grandchildren. I can only imagine how hard this is on them too.

Have you heard if any more arrests may be forthcoming?

my join date is wrong :) I've been here since 1998 :) (I was under another name and had to change my hat to protect my identity from a real life scammer/stalker)

thanks for the shout out Kristina :) Love you, hon... (Aunt Ree)

From February 2013:

http://www.myarklamiss.com/story/d/...h-arkansas-woman/11647/1n7FgTSXP0-OshAvEx_X8Q

Donna Jett will not go to trial in the death of her mother 65-year-old Mary Cross in May of 2011. Instead, Jett will get 5 years of probation after pleading no contest to an amended charge of tampering with physical evidence modified from abuse of a corpse. Her plea agreement means that her second degree murder charge was dropped.

Jett's boyfriend Telly Denton was also originally charged with second degree murder, but that charge was dropped and Denton pleaded guilty to abuse of a corpse. He is sentenced to five years probation.

According to Denton, Jett's mother fell during an argument and her body was put in the trunk of a car where he helped dispose of it in Norphlet Creek.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back