MO MO - Kylan Stubler, 17, Columbia, 21 April 2011

Shelley530

Reaction score
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=609672

Kylan Stubler was last seen being picked up by an unkown friend last Thursday afternoon. Columbia Police Officer Latisha Stroer said, “Nobody knows who he is.* They don’t have a vehicle description.* She’s concerned where he is at.* He hasn’t contacted any family.* He normally contacts friends on a regular basis.* He hasn’t contacted them, either.” Family members last saw the missing teen on Thursday at 2 p.m.

He's 5'10", 150 pounds.*Officers have checked with several friends and family members and no one has heard from Kylan.

If you have any information about Kylan Stubler, police urge you to call Columbia CrimeStoppers at 573-875-TIPS.

It's really a sad case so far. There has been little media attention. There is suppose to be a press conference tomorrow.

Very strange that they're considering him an "adult" at 17. I would call that hinky... I live about 20 miles east of Columbia and this is the first I'm hearing... if you have any FB links, I'd like to share them with my son and his friends who go to school in Columbia.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=609672

Kylan Stubler was last seen being picked up by an unkown friend last Thursday afternoon. Columbia Police Officer Latisha Stroer said, “Nobody knows who he is.* They don’t have a vehicle description.* She’s concerned where he is at.* He hasn’t contacted any family.* He normally contacts friends on a regular basis.* He hasn’t contacted them, either.” Family members last saw the missing teen on Thursday at 2 p.m.

He's 5'10", 150 pounds.*Officers have checked with several friends and family members and no one has heard from Kylan.

If you have any information about Kylan Stubler, police urge you to call Columbia CrimeStoppers at 573-875-TIPS.

I can't understand how they don't have a vehicle description if he was last seen being picked up.

I can't understand how they don't have a vehicle description if he was last seen being picked up.

I agree. The father must have seen the vehicle.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2011/04/25/police-investigating-missing-person-report/

This article states he was picked up by an unknown friend. Also, says his dad was not familiar with the car (I'm assuming this means he didn't know who it belonged to) and the windows were tinted causing him not to be able to see inside. So he obviously saw the vehicle....

I mean I'm horrible with car makes & models, but what's the color?? We know it has tinted windows. Was it a car, SUV, or truck? I guess the article does say "car." does it have 4 doors or 2 doors?

I also wonder if the witness/person who knew Kylan and reported seeing him at Dollar General last was the same person who picked him up

Stubler_Missing_t_w600_h1200.jpg

Aww, what a cutie he is! He looks like a very young 17, doesn't he? Skinny, and all elbows and knees. My oldest son is heading into that phase himself.

There seems to be a lack of detailed descriptions for both Kylan and the car. We have his height and weight, but I don't see hair color or eye color (look brown in this pic, but ive seen green and hazel eyes look brown in pictures) or even race. In a couple of photos he looks like he could be light skinned AA or Hispanic, others he looks white? Is he mixed race? His hair is covered by a hat in a couple of pics, but in another it looks light brown?? And all I can find on the car is tinted windows - no color, no type (sedan? 2 door? 4 door? Anything?!) why the lack of details?! :banghead:

From the komu link above:

Stubler's Description: B/M, 5'10, 150 lbs, 17-years-old with short curly brown hair and brown eyes.

The komu link also gave a FB share link, so I've posted it to my own profile! I really, really don't get why they're considering him an adult.

Ok so just brown hair (not dark or light), and brown eyes. I missed that, so thank you!

And sill no car description?

I wonder if 17 is legal age in MO, and that is why they consider him an adult?

IMO, even if he's technically an adult, if his family and friends say that this is out of character for him to go off and not be in contact, then it needs to be followed up aggressively. Sounds like they have already begun interviewing friends and family, so that's good. But getting a description of the car to the public would be a huge help too. If it's got tinted windows, it might be "souped up" in other ways that might make it stand out in peoples' minds, and remember seeing it, or knowing who the owner is.

Wow, he looks a lot more grown up in the myspace pics! He and his date look lovely in their prom pic.

They should really get a few different pics of him out there; he looks very young to me in the ones from the MSM articles, but looks quite older in others, so could give a wrong impression to folks looking for him.

The komu link also gave a FB share link, so I've posted it to my own profile! I really, really don't get why they're considering him an adult.

I did too! We must get the word out as much as possible, because media is doing a poor job.

On the article from the connectedmissouri.com The KRCG reporter wrote the following:

krcg_editor_stephanie replied: We were told that there would be a news conference before noon today. That did not happen and we sent Mark Slavit to talk with the family this afternoon. Police said they have no updates at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back