General discussion regarding trial - The Week in Review

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Because the news is coming out slowly....we might need a thread to discuss past testimony. I was going to leave the trial threads open, but as the days go by it might be crazy trying to find the right thread.

Please do not use this thread for the current day's testimonies so people checking in for today's updates get all the news. This thread is for days past and for the weekend discussion.

:tyou:

From this article by Nick Pistor:

>>"She wasn't alive when you left the house," declared Illinois State Police Sgt. David Bivens.

Coleman responded: "I don't know what to tell you. I think she was. She was. She was lying right beside me."

"Come on, Chris, she was not alive when you left, the children weren't alive," Bivens said.>>

Huh? "I don't know what to tell you, I think she was." Well, was she or wasn't she? Oh, yeah, "She was..." Yeah, that's right, she was.

Then...
>>Barlow said he knew the two went to Hawaii together, that she was using his credit cards to pay her bills and that he was sending her "naked pictures" of himself.<<

Chris must have woopsed himself when he realized within just hours of what he did that the police already had his number and so much information.

The article says that Lintz is due to testify today (as in today, Thursday the 28th of April.) If she heard any of the news today, she heard Chris say that he just told Lintz he was going to marry her. Well, she could get ticked, but she knows he wasn't just telling her.

The article also says:

>>Wharton summoned both to the bench, where Brad Coleman denied it. He insisted that what he said, to his wife, regarding Barlow, was, "I don't believe him."<<

Now everyone, put your noise blocking head phones on so that your ears aren't hearing well. Go to your mirror, and very attentively watching your mouth, say "You're dead" (2 syllables) Say it again. See how your mouth works at the end of the word "dead?" Now say, any 2 of the 5 syllables in "I don't believe him." See if you can match the look of any two consecutive of those syllables to the look of "You're dead." Now, say the word "Him" -- see how your lips pronounce the "m" at the end of "him?" Say the word "dead." Does your mouth look in any way alike at the end of the word "him" and the end of the word "dead?"

Nah, and you don't turn your mouth toward the person walking away from the stand and mouth the words "I don't believe him" when you are speaking to someone else about the him, generally you turn your mouth to the ear of the person to whom you are quietly speaking UNLESS, of course you are trying to make it clear to the person walking away from the stand. THUD! And why not just say it right out loud and very clear, "I don't believe him?" Why "mouth" those words?

I snagged this from the Day Three thread.

I couldn't agree more with you, Wrinkles! That was my first thought about what he said. The mouthing of the words. I took a leadership class where we learned how to interpret eye movement as a means of communication. They said law enforcement has been using the same principles for years. I wonder if they also teach US Marshals on how to read lips a bit as well?

Bringing over CC's reactions during the trial and the police interrogation video, as reported by Chris from Fox2.

"Yes, when I get time I'll try to post something more extensive. During testimony, not much. A lot of leaning in to talk to the attorneys. I haven't seen him once turn around to see pictures of his dead family, though I saw him wince when they first mentioned they were showing his youngest son. During the police interview tape, it's much more bizarre, with giggling at times, then sobbing at other points. At one time they ask for Joyce Meyer's cell number and he says "I don't usually give that out." A Det. responds, "I think this qualifies as a good time." Coleman was fairly lighthearted in that exchange. Again, I'll try to post more on this in the next couple days."

Interesting that he would show no reaction to the mention of Sherri or Garrett, but would wince only when Gavin is mentioned. Gavin had the bed sheet with the expletives spray painted on it, Gavin had the clump of Sheri's hair in the crook of his arm. According to Baden, Gavin was the second to die. I hate to even think or type this, but did Gavin walk in on his father killing his mother? Did he try to protect his mother, and that's how her hair got in the crook of his elbow? Was the expletive on the bed sheet because originally the boys weren't part of the "plan"? An after thought from CC because now he had to kill them all because he had little Gavin as a witness? Actions speak louder than words, and the wincing from CC at the mention of Gavin, and not Sheri or Garrett, is very interesting to me.

Bringing over CC's reactions during the trial and the police interrogation video, as reported by Chris from Fox2.

"Yes, when I get time I'll try to post something more extensive. During testimony, not much. A lot of leaning in to talk to the attorneys. I haven't seen him once turn around to see pictures of his dead family, though I saw him wince when they first mentioned they were showing his youngest son. During the police interview tape, it's much more bizarre, with giggling at times, then sobbing at other points. At one time they ask for Joyce Meyer's cell number and he says "I don't usually give that out." A Det. responds, "I think this qualifies as a good time." Coleman was fairly lighthearted in that exchange. Again, I'll try to post more on this in the next couple days."

Interesting that he would show no reaction to the mention of Sherri or Garrett, but would wince only when Gavin is mentioned. Gavin had the bed sheet with the expletives spray painted on it, Gavin had the clump of Sheri's hair in the crook of his arm. According to Baden, Gavin was the second to die. I hate to even think or type this, but did Gavin walk in on his father killing his mother? Did he try to protect his mother, and that's how her hair got in the crook of his elbow? Was the expletive on the bed sheet because originally the boys weren't part of the "plan"? An after thought from CC because now he had to kill them all because he had little Gavin as a witness? Actions speak louder than words, and the wincing from CC at the mention of Gavin, and not Sheri or Garrett, is very interesting to me.

That's a great thought-provoking post.

But if he planned to spare the children, in six months of plotting why didn't he make arrangements for them to be elsewhere?

I think Garrett even had an invitation that night, he traditionally spent his friend's birthday night at the friend's house. But he told his friend...Dad said no.

Has the invitation to spend the night at the friends ever been confirmed? I thought that was just rumor. It's always struck me as odd, because May 5, 2009 was a Tuesday night so it would of been a school night. I've never let my kids have sleep overs on school nights, unless we were watching other kids for birth's of babies, emergencies, etc...

I guess I've always wanted to believe he didn't plan killing the kids. His alibi and the way this played out just doesn't seem like a very well thought out plan, obviously because here we are ... he's been the suspect from day one. Maybe his intention was to just kill Sheri and get rid of that evidence and the body, but he was interrupted by Gavin so the plan went off track and now we have the entire family gone. Her packed up car always has bothered me. Why was there so many clothes in the back of the car? Was she planning on leaving that night? Or was he trying to make it look like she left and was killed by someone else somewhere else? There are so many other ways this could have played out, and was probably planned out because he's turning out to be more than stupid!

Riegerix said it was a tradition for Garett Coleman to come over for her son's birthday. She said Garett was supposed to come over the Monday before the murders, but later said he couldn't.

She recalled him saying: "Dad said tonight is not a good night."

The bodies were found the following morning.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...da91-b7b2-5080-949b-0e3f73861fde.html?print=1
The fact he said no to Garett spending the night, cinched premeditation for me. He did plan to kill his own children.

Thanks Knox! That theory is now put to bed. I still strongly believe Gavin heard the scuffle and came to his mothers rescue.

CC was already disconnected from his children if he allowed dog-track-cocktail-waitress TL to make the decision of no Disney vacation for his sons. :furious:

Thanks Knox! That theory is now put to bed. I still strongly believe Gavin heard the scuffle and came to his mothers rescue.

As the state moves along in the trial, won't they describe how the evidence points in that direction if that's what happened? I'm skeered this will be the scenario too. :(

In &#8220;processing&#8221; the testimony to date, I&#8217;m very interested in the cruise that Tara admitted taking in the midst of her Great Love Affair with Chris. The question is: did he know this at the time or just find out when his defense was preparing for trial?

Here&#8217;s my guess: he KNEW and this is a big part of the story about how this heinous crime came to be. IMO, Tara was the one in ABSOLUTE control of this relationship and he was completely besotted. His notebook of her favorite foods, jewelry choices, sexual fantasies...is pathetic and juvenile...like he needed to remember EVERYTHING to hang on to her. Paying her bills, letting her buy a cruise when he had money problems... canceling his sons Disney trip because she demanded it...and her intervention TO BE SURE IT WAS DONE show her control. But I think Chris was not getting this divorce done SOON enough.

I think cruising with another man was her punishment. Remember she testified that they were in contact CONSTANTLY. The transcript that was posted here (thank you) says she repeated that point several times yesterday (&#8220;constantly&#8221;) How could she cruise with another man and Chris has no contact with her for a week and he NOT know?

He must have been out of his mind.

I wonder when he let her book that second cruise with him? When she came back from The Love Boat with the other guy?

Chris needed money to keep her and Sheri and the boys were a drain. And he needed to be out of that marriage FAST to keep Tara from moving on...but divorces from stubborn wives trying to save their families don&#8217;t move along quickly.

Chris knew he had to act fast and definitively.

Tara knew how to play this desperate idiot. IMO, she has some real culpability in the deaths of her &#8220;best friend&#8221; and her little boys.

I find the wearing of that ugly ring that looks like something you win at a carnival very interesting too. The D.A. HAD to know to ask that question IMO...it&#8217;s not like that was a diamond solitaire. And she could so easily have left it home or in the hotel. I believe she was told to wear it. I think they had a lot more ugliness they could have used yesterday if she did not comply. Remember the Facebook stalking?

Finally, I&#8217;ve been thinking about the boxes being packed at the home that I learned here from you wonderful sleuths. I&#8217;m wondering if Sheri was leaving. But, for chris to keep Tara, that only solved part of the problem. There would be a long process of divorce . Then there was supporting an ex and two sons.

Tara says they had their usual &#8220;constant&#8221; conversations that night. I would bet anything she said A LOT MORE than &#8220;good luck.&#8221; (her testimony)
Maybe she said..you better not be lying to me. Maybe she said if Sheri is NOT served with papers tomorrow..I&#8217;m done with you. But Chris hadn&#8217;t even been to a lawyer. There were no papers to serve.

I bet he sat there in his basement in agony. I bet he remembered the week he suffered while she cruised and cavorted sexually with another man.

He had no divorce papers in the works. But he had a cleaner solution WELL in the works.

Time to put The Plan in action. It was THEM or Tara.

Well said, stmarysmead!

When I learned of the writings he kept, with her measurements, a list of pet names, her "favorites"... it reminded me so much of the diary I kept at age 12/13 when I got my first hopeless, helpless, massive crush on a much older man (he was a junior in h.s. :giggle:). CC might have thought he was in love with TL but this sounds more like a juvenile, lustful infatuation than anything. IMO, love is what's left when the infatuation burns itself out. It's what keeps couples together for ten, twenty, fifty years. I question whether CC would be capable of that deeper emotion.

And the lies he apparently told TL about the divorce, with absolutely ZERO plans made, NO papers drawn up, nothing? Well, I hope that the jury is getting the same sense that some of us are--he had a plan alright, but it didn't include divorce. He wanted a clean slate.

I was disappointed that TL "got off the hook" with only 20 minutes on the stand, but it seems that in those 20 minutes she revealed herself to be, indeed, "Miss Motive."

:cow:

(PS: Does anyone know the dates that TL took the cruise with the other guy?)

Very well thought out & accurate post stmarys... I agree with you completely. And you as well ynot. I still cannot wrap my head around TL's testimony from yesterday and her complete disregard for Sheri, Garrett & Gavin. She has a total lack of empathy, compassion and remorse for her role in their deaths.

An interesting little tidbit I just picked from Chris Hayes FB Wall... "CC did know about the camera. In fact Sgt Barlow said they had a choice to focus wide or tight. They chose to focus tight to catch detail of a suspect at the mailbox and Barlow testified he thinks they told Coleman this fact as well."

So Chris knew about the camera in Barlow's home and knew it wouldn't pick up the backyard, only the mailbox... therefore he knew setting up the basement window as the entry point would not be picked up on camera. Neither would removing the bailing wire from the hay bale, which is the rumored murder weapon. Funny though that he failed to think about it picking his car up on video pulling forward, and not backing out... and of course that it wouldn't pick up the mysterious phantom car.

Wow-CC was totally infatuated with this sleezy woman and she was playing him like a fiddle. 6 months of lust leads the murder of 3 innocents...wow is all I can say--what an incredible misjudgement by the intelligent CC.
-
Anyone know if the mysterious "divorce papers" have been addressed in court? i.e. do they know if they ever existed anywhere or was there a divorce atty that was ever consulted? If none, then another nail in his coffin...

When the prosecution rests, I wonder if the defense will move for an acquittal? :floorlaugh:

Wouldn't you just LOVE to hear Pastor Ron's sermon at Grace Church this Sunday??? I'm dying to know how he can even show his face in front of the congregation, much less preach about anything after what's come out about his beloved offspring. Do we have any locals who'd be willing to go check it out???

I usually like Bill's no-nonsense style of reporting and his judgement is usually pretty accurate IMO, but not today... "Instead, she acted like a person who is angry that she has been dragged into this kind of muck. She might be a home-wrecker, but she wanted no part of more serious sins."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_15468297-7bcb-5690-9ff7-a0eb57b5b2cf.html

Posted too quick... in the above article check out what Bill reports as the only picture Chris has bothered to turn around to look at. EGOMANIAC!

I usually like Bill's no-nonsense style of reporting and his judgement is usually pretty accurate IMO, but not today... "Instead, she acted like a person who is angry that she has been dragged into this kind of muck. She might be a home-wrecker, but she wanted no part of more serious sins."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_15468297-7bcb-5690-9ff7-a0eb57b5b2cf.html

Posted too quick... in the above article check out what Bill reports as the only picture Chris has bothered to turn around to look at. EGOMANIAC!

his point about her affects on the jury was interesting...the defense must have loved it when she walked in all dolled up and still wearing that carnival ring....

In “processing” the testimony to date, I’m very interested in the cruise that Tara admitted taking in the midst of her Great Love Affair with Chris. The question is: did he know this at the time or just find out when his defense was preparing for trial?

Here’s my guess: he KNEW and this is a big part of the story about how this heinous crime came to be. IMO, Tara was the one in ABSOLUTE control of this relationship and he was completely besotted. His notebook of her favorite foods, jewelry choices, sexual fantasies...is pathetic and juvenile...like he needed to remember EVERYTHING to hang on to her. Paying her bills, letting her buy a cruise when he had money problems... canceling his sons Disney trip because she demanded it...and her intervention TO BE SURE IT WAS DONE show her control. But I think Chris was not getting this divorce done SOON enough.

I think cruising with another man was her punishment. Remember she testified that they were in contact CONSTANTLY. The transcript that was posted here (thank you) says she repeated that point several times yesterday (“constantly”) How could she cruise with another man and Chris has no contact with her for a week and he NOT know?

He must have been out of his mind.

I wonder when he let her book that second cruise with him? When she came back from The Love Boat with the other guy?

Chris needed money to keep her and Sheri and the boys were a drain. And he needed to be out of that marriage FAST to keep Tara from moving on...but divorces from stubborn wives trying to save their families don’t move along quickly.

Chris knew he had to act fast and definitively.

Tara knew how to play this desperate idiot. IMO, she has some real culpability in the deaths of her “best friend” and her little boys.

I find the wearing of that ugly ring that looks like something you win at a carnival very interesting too. The D.A. HAD to know to ask that question IMO...it’s not like that was a diamond solitaire. And she could so easily have left it home or in the hotel. I believe she was told to wear it. I think they had a lot more ugliness they could have used yesterday if she did not comply. Remember the Facebook stalking?

Finally, I’ve been thinking about the boxes being packed at the home that I learned here from you wonderful sleuths. I’m wondering if Sheri was leaving. But, for chris to keep Tara, that only solved part of the problem. There would be a long process of divorce . Then there was supporting an ex and two sons.

Tara says they had their usual “constant” conversations that night. I would bet anything she said A LOT MORE than “good luck.” (her testimony)
Maybe she said..you better not be lying to me. Maybe she said if Sheri is NOT served with papers tomorrow..I’m done with you. But Chris hadn’t even been to a lawyer. There were no papers to serve.

I bet he sat there in his basement in agony. I bet he remembered the week he suffered while she cruised and cavorted sexually with another man.

He had no divorce papers in the works. But he had a cleaner solution WELL in the works.

Time to put The Plan in action. It was THEM or Tara.
I was amazed that she would admit to still wearing the "promise" ring. I was ready to give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't think CC and Sheri were together, but yesterday's testimony proved she has no conscience. imo.
I can't see anyone forcing her to wear the ring. If the DA has other texts of the night before the murders, I don't think they would hesitate to enter them. After all, they entered the "sexts" without blinking.
CC's time in the interrogation room would have been better spent deleting some things from his phone, imo.
He is really an idiot!
And, his brother was sexting TL also? What the he!! is wrong with this family!

WOW!!! It took CC just over a week to start his murderous plan by sending himself/his family the first threat.

"Most glaring was the date Nov. 5, 2008, described as "the day Tara changed my life."
Nine days later, prosecutors allege, Coleman sent the first in a series of alleged email threats to his own family &#8212; written in the guise of a critic of his work as bodyguard for televangelist Joyce Meyer &#8212; to start setting up support for a murder alibi."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_c8a3f7ba-aaf8-539b-897f-630e2c3c6ef0.html

his point about her affects on the jury was interesting...the defense must have loved it when she walked in all dolled up and still wearing that carnival ring....

I agree! With a jury heavily loaded with women, her appearance is going to go over like a lead balloon! I agree with most of his report, I just feel he's giving Tara an easy out. For goodness sakes, she's wearing HIS promise ring! IMO that screams to me that she thinks he's gonna walk and they're going to live happily ever after. I hope the jury feels the same way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back