Possible Victim: Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25, missing July 2007, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *POI Rex Heuermann*

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Maureen Branard-Barnes
2894189950045078242S425x425Q85.jpg

What do we know about Maureen?

Maureen Brainard-Barnes went missing on July 9th, 2007. She was from the city of Norwich, Connecticut. Brainard-Barnes was born on June 14, 1982. When the 25-year-old woman went missing from the Long Island Beach, she weighed about 105-135 pounds. She stood about 4'11"-5'1" tall.

[...]

Brainard-Barnes is a Caucasian woman with brown hair and blue/green eyes.

She had "freckles, a scar on her forehead, a scar on her face and a Caesarean section scar on her abdomen." At the time she was last seen by loved ones, she had her ears and lip pierced.

Maureen Brainard-Barnes had these tattoos when she went missing: the name "Nicolette" in pink letters, three black and gray lilies on her chest, and a red rose with a green stem on her right ankle.

article link
Be sure to read comment from friend

NB: Nicolette is Maureen's daughter

Police: Norwich woman may have been victim of serial killer
Day staff and wire reports
Publication: The Day
Published 01/25/2011 12:00 AM
Updated 01/25/2011 09:05 PM

Police said the investigation at the time revealed Brainard-Barnes had gone to New York City on July 9, 2007, and was expected to return the next day. When she did not return and could not be reached on her cell phone, family members and friends contacted police in Norwich and New York City.

[...]

Since Brainard-Barnes' disappearance, family and friends have posted missing-person notices on several websites describing her and asking anyone with information to contact authorities.

"She is a loving mother, daughter, sister, cousin and friend to many," one posting said.
article link

New information about Maureen.

http://www.dnainfo.com/20110516/manhattan/nypd-officer-last-contact-murder-victim-sources-say

Maybe they have known this all along and that's why they were searching for her. When I was making my list, I realized we have the least among of information about her. We don't really know if she had a driver or not.

This goes to some of our inquires as to whether all of the girls had been arrested in NYC, at one time or another, and if any of them had been arrested, been stopped or contacted by the same officer.

Not new info, but this should be on this thread. Wonder if the S.I. cop is the one who robbed her.

"[Maureen] came into the city by train with two acquaintances, on the morning of July 9, 2007, to meet clients, a friend told reporters last week.
Brainard-Barnes rang friends in distress that night from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in midtown Manhattan, saying she had been robbed of the money she earned that day.
'She just wanted to come home,' said the friend. 'She said she was coming that night and would check in.' She was never heard from again."
http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/life-and-death-in-the-shadow-of-fear-2621735.html

The Silver Gun Rapist robbed some of his victims after he raped them.

New information about Maureen.

http://www.dnainfo.com/20110516/manhattan/nypd-officer-last-contact-murder-victim-sources-say

Maybe they have known this all along and that's why they were searching for her. When I was making my list, I realized we have the least among of information about her. We don't really know if she had a driver or not.

IF, in fact, LE ever did search for MBB on OP with cadaver dogs and helicopters. I'm not at all convinced that they did.

Wait, something is weird here:

"Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25, of Norwich, CT., was last seen at a 46th Street hotel.
When Brainard-Barnes disappeared in 2007, Connecticut detectives came to Manhattan and went through her computer."
http://www.dnainfo.com/20110516/man...ntact-murder-victim-sources-say#ixzz1MYosd5Kl

The other article says friends' last contact with her was when she made a phone call from Port Authority (bus terminal on 42nd St.) that night, saying she'd been robbed. What came last, the last sighting, or the last call?

If Maureen was from CT, why did CT cops have to come into Manhattan to go through her computer? Did Maureen bring her computer into the City with her? Was her computer left in Manhattan? Where?​

do we know yet what hotel Maureen stayed in on 46th St in Manhattan?

I have never read which hotel.

Here's another old link with info about Maureen; just want to bring it over to this thread.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/...islandserialkillervictimsbondinsupportgroup_1
"Cann’s sister, Maureen Brainard-Barnes, had gone missing from her Manhattan hotel room nearly three years earlier, in July 2007. Police had subsequently linked her phone activity to a cell phone tower on Long Island. In 2008, police helicopters and cadaver dogs had scoured the same marshy, desolate area, but found no signs of Brainard-Barnes."

I have discovered by now that if you try to piece together all these little details from all the different sloppily written news articles you will drive yourself crazy. I don't know why it is, but this case has the most sloppily written news articles I have ever seen. It gets very frustrating and you just have to back away for a little while.

Wait, something is weird here:

"Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25, of Norwich, CT., was last seen at a 46th Street hotel.
When Brainard-Barnes disappeared in 2007, Connecticut detectives came to Manhattan and went through her computer."
http://www.dnainfo.com/20110516/man...ntact-murder-victim-sources-say#ixzz1MYosd5Kl

The other article says friends' last contact with her was when she made a phone call from Port Authority (bus terminal on 42nd St.) that night, saying she'd been robbed. What came last, the last sighting, or the last call?

If Maureen was from CT, why did CT cops have to come into Manhattan to go through her computer? Did Maureen bring her computer into the City with her? Was her computer left in Manhattan? Where?​

Very good question about how they found her computer. It infers that she was either checked in to a hotel, kept a place or stayed in someone else's place when she was in NYC.

Not new info, but this should be on this thread. Wonder if the S.I. cop is the one who robbed her.

"[Maureen] came into the city by train with two acquaintances, on the morning of July 9, 2007, to meet clients, a friend told reporters last week.
Brainard-Barnes rang friends in distress that night from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in midtown Manhattan, saying she had been robbed of the money she earned that day.
'She just wanted to come home,' said the friend. 'She said she was coming that night and would check in.' She was never heard from again."
http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/life-and-death-in-the-shadow-of-fear-2621735.html

BBM

Perhaps MBB split the cost the hotel room with these friends. If she left her computer behind, then it seems likely one of the friends would have taken her computer when they checked out, and eventually turned it over to LE.

Great find MrsPC!
Does anyone have access to further information on this, as what the actual address was, and in what year she lived there?

This could be of HUGE importance IMO.

according to this link it was in 2006

http://www.zabasearch.com/maps/?sna...&cm=07&cy=2006&phone=(609) 909-9450&int_var=3

I also found the sales records for that property thru the years

prior to March 2004 that address was owned by persons last name Tarsovich

March 2004 til November 2006 that address was owned by persons last name Shanteau (this person also has address history in Mystic, CT where MBB has family) so possibly this homeowner is a relative

November 2006 til recently address was owned by persons last name Kaderabek

Current owner is last name Arehart

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123