Billie Jean Dunn - Interview 4/29/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

yllek

Reaction score
Biilie Jean Dunn and her lawyer John Young were interviewed about what she's doing now, her contact with Clint Dunn and Shawn Adkins, etc...

Imo, Mr. Young was unsuccessful in his attempt to get Billie to state she's no longer in contact with Shawn Adkins, so he does it for her. Also, seems to me that Mr. Young is admitting that the "abduction" theory peddled by Billie is just her opinion and that perhaps Shawn is responsible for harming Hailey.

We also learn that Billie is out of money and can't pay her bills; her uncle has had to help her. Imo, Billie is hoping for more donations by revealing this information and depicting herself as a "naive and trusting" mother of a missing child.

JMO - link to interview posted below:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=365287

“Law enforcement hasn’t contacted me at all recently, and when we were communicating, it was me going to them asking questions. And I haven’t talked to them in over a month.”

How on earth can a mother of a missing child, go a month without contacting LE, wanting any update, whatsoever they can give her.
I feel no pity at all for her and I truly believe she is still seeing Shawn, even though she said LE told her it would make her look bad, how does she think it makes her look, not calling LE every day for updates on her daughter?
This woman will never cease to amaze me.

“My outlook has already been changed on lots of things. I’ve found out that I am very naive and trusting in people. This has changed my outlook on everything. If she walked through the door, it would absolutely be the best moment in my life and nothing else would matter.”

“She’s come to relish every moment she’s spent with her children,” said Young.

“I even miss the arguments between my kids,” she added.
=============================
BBM

Mr. Young is trying so hard to portray Billie as a good mom, engaged in the search for Hailey, struggling to make ends meet, missing her children, staying away from the suspect... She doesn't make it easy for him, imo. It just isn't true and too hard to swallow, no matter how he tries to paint it... Even when HE tells us how much Billie relishes all the time spent with her children, she chimes in about missing their arguments? Off base, imo. She misses tense exchanges between Hailey and David; she can't naturally come up with a nice exchange between herself and her children?

This ordeal has taught Billie that she's "naive and trusting". Wow, I wonder what someone who is manipulative, deceptive, cold and exploitive looks like in Billie's eyes....

She also tells us that her son has been staying at home with her more often. Didn't CPS move him out of her home? Is she allowed to have him back over for sleepovers without their permission?

She also told us it was time for her to 'go back to work." Does she have a job to go back to? I doubt it.

She also tells us that her son has been staying at home with her more often. Didn't CPS move him out of her home? Is she allowed to have him back over for sleepovers without their permission?

She also told us it was time for her to 'go back to work." Does she have a job to go back to? I doubt it.

Imo, she doesn't intend to go back to work, even if her old hospital job was available (which I don't think it is). She wants people to know she needs money, but doesn't want to appear like she's not willing to work or exploiting Hailey. She's done this before; "I never asked for any donations, but I appreciate so much everybody who has helped me..." (paraphrasing). The Hailey merchandising scheme got shot down by protests from concerned bloggers and advocates for Hailey. Billie is trying to gain sympathy and milk soft-hearted people for more personal donations, imo. I hope it doesn't work again...

Young added that she also has received some financial help from family members. “My uncle has helped me a lot,” Billie said.
Sounds like maybe the Uncle is paying Young's fees.

When asked if she was still in touch with her ex-husband, Clint Dunn, and her former boyfriend, Shawn Adkins., she replied that she would rather not comment on Adkins

Young referenced the no comment on Adkins by stating that he is a person of interest and law enforcement personnel have inferred any contact with him would make her look bad.

“It’s hard to believe that someone you once loved would do anything to your family. We have chosen not to have contract with him due to the appearance of impropriety,” said Young.
Guess Mr. Young doesn't read Tim Johnston's KRBC-FB page. Perhaps he should advise his client on how to be a "little bit" less visible when out and about with the POI.

Billie Jean, when questioned what would change if Hailey walked through their front door, replied her outlook on everything would change.

“My outlook has already been changed on lots of things. I’ve found out that I am very naive and trusting in people. This has changed my outlook on everything. If she walked through the door, it would absolutely be the best moment in my life and nothing else would matter.”
A usual Billie, did not disappoint. With the opportunity to say something like "I would cover Hailey from head to toe with kisses and never ever let her out of my sight again". Billie makes it about herself.

Mr. Young tried to make Billie sound good, but in the end only emphasized her lack of maternal concern, MOO. Every time she spoke he followed up with a more politically correct response. Kind of like correcting/prompting your young child, KWIM?

I see nothing wrong in saying it would be the best moment in her life if Hailey walked through the door. She was asked how she would feel... not what she would do.

:cow::cow::cow:

This article was an "attempt" to garner "Sympathy" for BD ... and ...

"Damage Control" for BD by her attorney ...

Sorry ... I'm just not buying it ... I never did and I never will ...

“She’s come to relish every moment she’s spent with her children,” said Young.

“I even miss the arguments between my kids,” she added.
=============================
BBM

Mr. Young is trying so hard to portray Billie as a good mom, engaged in the search for Hailey, struggling to make ends meet, missing her children, staying away from the suspect... She doesn't make it easy for him, imo. It just isn't true and too hard to swallow, no matter how he tries to paint it... Even when HE tells us how much Billie relishes all the time spent with her children, she chimes in about missing their arguments? Off base, imo. She misses tense exchanges between Hailey and David; she can't naturally come up with a nice exchange between herself and her children?

This ordeal has taught Billie that she's "naive and trusting". Wow, I wonder what someone who is manipulative, deceptive, cold and exploitive looks like in Billie's eyes....

Yeah, he's trying real hard to turn a pile of doo-doo into something that doesn't smell. imo.

I don't care if he or she sees her as naive and innocent....her actions said she doesn't give a dip and how she has lied or change her mind on many things.

Where is the second poly she was going to give as stated on BTH? After saying she would no longer have contact w/SA on BTH, she saw him the very next day for crying out loud. She never stated in that interview she wasn't seeing him....Young did. If it's ever proven wrong....of course, he didn't know...she didn't tell him.

Why isn't she back at work? She can only see her son after he is out of school and on the week-ends. Doesn't take that long to sort posters. No talk of that time spent going out to post posters on her own, taking supplies out to the searchers, or how she may be trying to keep HD's case in the media.

:cow::cow::cow:

This article was an "attempt" to garner "Sympathy" for BD ... and ...

"Damage Control" for BD by her attorney ...

Sorry ... I'm just not buying it ... I never did and I never will ...

I think Smooth called it:

Originally Posted by SmoothOperator
My personal belief is that the reality of the matter is that each of these defense attys are most likely already strategizing and they know full well the only chance they're gonna have when all the cards coming falling into place is to make their clients defense be pointing the finger at the other..

Each atty is going to have to point the finger of guilt at the significant other of his client..
jmo, but I believe the attys already see this coming down the pike and is only a matter of time..At some point soon I'd bet they're gonna attempt to seperate their client as much as possible from the other because the atty will be building a case based on their clients significant other..IYKWIM?

I see nothing wrong in saying it would be the best moment in her life if Hailey walked through the door. She was asked how she would feel... not what she would do.

She was asked what would change if Hailey was brought home. She never answered. She stated what has changed in herself...now...her outlook. Even the reporter assumed her response in saying her outlook on everything would change. The only thing she said in response to IF Hailey walked thru the door, is it would be best moment in her life and nothing else would matter. I'm sure she would be elated because it would end her "mess" and she could go back to her "normalcy"....with SA. She doesn't expect HD to come home. The 6 month vigil? "best moment in my life"....nothing about a futuristic probablity with Hailey.

Billie Jean, when questioned what would change if Hailey walked through their front door, replied her outlook on everything would change.

Unfortunately because it isn’t clear whether BD was involved in her daughter’s disappearance, she may not be able to receive compensation from the Crime Victims’ Compensation Program in the State of Texas; however her son or Cliff might qualify.
If Hailey is deceased, at some point in time a benefit of $50,000 is available. Billie should contact the Victim Services, Texas Department of Public Safety, Austin, Texas. Phone: (512) 424-2211.

In the interim, Billie Jean should be under the continuous care of her physician and apply for social assistance. If she is suffering from PTSD, she would quality for the disability program which pays more than social assistance.

<snipped>

The Crime Victims' Compensation program is available to assist victims of violent crime with expenses associated with the crime. In order to receive financial assistance from the fund, victims must complete an application for benefits.

The maximum amount of money an innocent victim of crime who suffers physical and/or emotional harm or death is eligible to receive for a crime that occurred after September 1, 1997 is $50,000.

What victims may qualify?

- An innocent victim of crime who suffers physical and/or emotional harm or death
- an authorized individual acting on behalf of a victim
- a person who legally assumes the obligations or voluntarily pays certain expenses related to the crime on behalf of the victim
- a dependent of a victim
- an immediate family member or household members related by blood or marriage who require psychiatric care or counseling as a result of the crime
- an intervenor who goes to the aid of the victim or a peace officer
- a peace officer, fire fighter, or individual whose employment includes the duty of protecting the public

The fund is able to pay for a variety of expenses including:
medical, hospital, physical therapy or nursing care, psychiatric care or counseling, loss of earnings or support, loss of wages due to participation in, or attendance at, the investigation, prosecutorial and judicial processes, and travel, care of a child or a dependent, funeral and burial expenses, crime scene clean-up, replacement costs for clothing, bedding, or property seized as evidence or rendered unusable as a result of the investigation, reasonable attorney fees for assistance in filing the Crime Victims' Compensation application and in obtaining benefits, if the claim is approved, loss of wages and travel to seek medical treatment, one time relocation expenses for domestic violence victims or for those sexual assault victims attacked in their own residence.

In the case of catastrophic injuries resulting in a total and permanent disability, the victim may be eligible for $75,000 in benefits for: making a home or car accessible, job training and vocational rehabilitation, training in the use of special appliances, home health care, reimbursement of lost wages.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/s...

In the beginning of this case I briefly skimmed the details of Hailey's disappearance and assumed she was likely a run-away who would soon be found & returned home. A few weeks later I began following the thread more closely. Maybe because I'm naive, or maybe just because the idea is too horrific for me to contemplate ... I always give the parents the benefit of the doubt until I see reason not to do so.

Many have already made the points I would raise about this interview so I won't repeat them. No matter the family dynamics, no matter how dysfunctional or screwed up the family may be ... Billie is still Hailey's mother. For the life of me, I can not understand why she appears to view Hailey's disappearance as an inconvenience. Where is the pain? Where is the grief? Where is the concern for Hailey and her well-being? All I see & hear is Billie's concern for Billie. And her defense of SA. Interviews like this do nothing to change my opinion.

I never believed Hailey would be missing for this long. It often feels like many of us here express more concern for Hailey than her own mother. I believe Billie has all the answers and without her honest statements to LE, we may never find Hailey.

All JMHO. I'm so sorry Hailey. I pray everyday we will find you.

JMO, BD feels like her head is on straight now, but it's not. You don't all of a sudden realize your children are important. What was important to BD was SA. She did and said a lot to protect SA for months while everybody frantically searched for Hailey. It hurts me everytime BD opens her mouth because she conveys how little she cared about her children before. Oh, but now she sees the light? (P.S. BD sure could use kind donations.)

When asked if she was still in touch with her ex-husband, Clint Dunn, and her former boyfriend, Shawn Adkins., she replied that she would rather not comment on Adkins.

&#8220;Clint and I have contact usually weekly as long as we both go to search team meetings on Friday,&#8221; she said.
Young referenced the no comment on Adkins by stating that he is a person of interest and law enforcement personnel have inferred any contact with him would make her look bad.

I get the impression that Clint and Billy are not really in contact with each other if she only speaks to him if he happens to go to the search team meetings on Friday? and I am not too impressed with her inability to deny any cointact with Adkins! IMO that looks really bad.

In the beginning of this case I briefly skimmed the details of Hailey's disappearance and assumed she was likely a run-away who would soon be found & returned home. A few weeks later I began following the thread more closely. Maybe because I'm naive, or maybe just because the idea is too horrific for me to contemplate ... I always give the parents the benefit of the doubt until I see reason not to do so.

Many have already made the points I would raise about this interview so I won't repeat them. No matter the family dynamics, no matter how dysfunctional or screwed up the family may be ... Billie is still Hailey's mother. For the life of me, I can not understand why she appears to view Hailey's disappearance as an inconvenience. Where is the pain? Where is the grief? Where is the concern for Hailey and her well-being? All I see & hear is Billie's concern for Billie. And her defense of SA. Interviews like this do nothing to change my opinion.

I never believed Hailey would be missing for this long. It often feels like many of us here express more concern for Hailey than her own mother. I believe Billie has all the answers and without her honest statements to LE, we may never find Hailey.

All JMHO. I'm so sorry Hailey. I pray everyday we will find you.

BBM - I agree completely. No grief, no pleading for Hailey's return, no warmth... It's been that way from the start. Just a few other examples:

From Nancy Grace 1/12/2011:
But Miss Dunn, I did not invite you on tonight just to rake you over the coals about these various inconsistencies about the New Year`s Eve party. I want to hear what you have to say tonight.

DUNN: Well, I wanted to come on to clear some of that up. I don`t want to be perceived as a bad person even by people who don`t know me. But the main reason I am here, I don`t want people to get away from the fact that the whole reason we are here and we are talking to media is because my 13-year-old daughter isn`t in my house. Somebody knows where she is.

From KTAB Interview 1/13/11:
"The important thing people need to remember is not slandering me," said Dunn. "The important thing is there is a 13-year-old who it seems just disappeared into thin air."

From BTHN blog talk radio interview 3/10/11:
Billie Jean Dunn: Idiot people&#8217;s opinions bother me. I mean, it just pisses me off that people think my life isn&#8217;t horrible enough. Lots of things bother me. Somebody I know could&#8217;ve hurt my daughter, lots of things.

Perhaps the oddest and most maddening example, imo, is from the Nancy Grace interview of 1/20/11, when Billie was given an opportunity to make a plea to/for Hailey (after spending all day being coached by Marc Klaas):

DUNN: ... And Nancy, I wanted to get a message out to Hailey, if she is watching and she happens to get to a phone, to call 911. Because I do not have my cell phone.

GRACE: And what is your message? To call 911?

DUNN: Yes. Get out there, if you can get to a phone, run to a phone and call 911. Because I don`t have my cell phone with me. And I know she knows that number.

The priorities and mind set of her mother make me so sorry for Hailey and so indignant towards Billie and those who love Hailey, yet enable her mother to carry on with the charade... JMO...

This interview did nothing to change my opinion of her. Damage control is what it is.

Maybe I try and read too much into something, but, since HD probably "learned" from BD to call authorities (CPS and LE) when there was any trouble.... I wonder if HD threatened to call 911 or even CPS herself if there was a rumble of some kind that night and it escalated? The reason for BD mentioning call 911.

She's twisted, imo, and nothing would surprise me.

JMO, IMO, etc.

When asked if she was still in touch with her ex-husband, Clint Dunn, and her former boyfriend, Shawn Adkins., she replied that she would rather not comment on Adkins.

&#8220;Clint and I have contact usually weekly as long as we both go to search team meetings on Friday,&#8221; she said.

&#8220;That&#8217;s what law enforcement told you, isn&#8217;t it,&#8221; Young asked Billie Jean.

&#8220;That&#8217;s exactly what they told me,&#8221; she replied.

&#8220;It&#8217;s hard to believe that someone you once loved would do anything to your family. We have chosen not to have contract with him due to the appearance of impropriety,&#8221; said Young.

Billie says no comment as to whether she's in contact with Shawn. Her attorney says "We have chosen not to have contact with him". So, if his "we" includes Billie, why did she say no comment and not just "No"?

I'll take that as a "Yes", she's in contact but is not necessarily telling her attorney that.

Even if true that she's chosen not to hang out with Shawn I'm not very impressed with the motives of the choice. I mean, "I can't stand to be near him, I can't bear the thought that he might have hurt my daughter" would be a honest gut reaction born out of maternal feelings for her child but "We've chosen not to have contact due to the appearance of impropriety" just sounds calculating. Like she doesn't really see any reason why fraternizing with the suspect in your daughter's disappearance would be awkward in and of itself if only other people were less interested in what things look like. It sounds just an outside pressure born out of self-preserving fear of being suspected along with him, not any kind of maternal loyalty to Hailey that would make her want to distance herself from people who possibly hurt her. JMO.

&#8220;Unfortunately, the acts of some in law enforcement to have an opportunity to interrogate Billie Jean have made it difficult for her to trust some of the law enforcement folks. By and large, the vast majority, the Texas Rangers, the professionals are doing a good job and have done a good job. We appreciate their continuing intensity in trying to find her daughter,&#8221; said Young.

&#8220;There are a few that have made us a little untrusting or a little leary, frankly, such as coming late in the evening to arrest her on misdemeanor so there was no way we could have made a bond and then they come in and try to interrogate us until 12:30 or 1 o&#8217;clock in the morning. That caused us to be a little bit leery...." said Young.

Bad, bad LE. How dare they try to make the mother of a missing child tell the truth. Why, they should all be prosecuted for that! Shame, shame. :rolleyes:

What does that attorney expect LE to do? Should they sit back and take Billie's word for everything? The poor child will never be found if it's left up to that most < unusual > mother. :banghead:

That article is about nothing but trying to garner sympathy and money for Billie. :maddening: Lies, or all CA says, mistruths.

Poor Hailey. Poor DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member