State v. Bradley Cooper 5-2-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

otto

Verified Expert
Reaction score
Good Morning

The defense has rested, and the state will now present rebuttal witnesses. The Tuesday witness has everyone scared, but the defense is allowed a rebuttal of the prosecution's Tuesday rebuttal to it's own case. The prosecution sneaked this one by the judge by arguing that the size of the router opened the door to new evidence ... or did the judge open the flood gates at the beginning of the trial. Regardless, the jury should be debating by what ... Wednesday? Friday?

Does anyone know if there is any witness tomorrow since HC stated his witness can't testify until Tues and wants his witness list done in a particular order?

I have wondered that too, as the prosecution has said that they want to present their witnesses in order. We heard that the CISCO witness was not available until Tuesday, so either the prosecution is preseinting their rebuttal witnesses out of order, Mr CISCO is available on Monday, or court postponed until Tuesday.

I have wondered that too, as the prosecution has said that they want to present their witnesses in order. We heard that the CISCO witness was not available until Tuesday, so either the prosecution is preseinting their rebuttal witnesses out of order, Mr CISCO is available on Monday, or court postponed until Tuesday.

We'll find out in 2 hrs what the agenda for the day is. So HC whines it's out of order or the judge gives the jury a lolly gag day. JG needs to remember this is the jury who just asked for the witnesses be ready to go. I'd rather up upset HC rather than the jurors at this point. It shall be interesting if Mr Cisco doesn't arrive today.

I think Cummings said that the other rebuttal witnesses (aside from CF) had to go in sequence on the same day, so they could not start with those on Friday...I don't think that CF was part of that particular sequence.

I think Cummings said that the other rebuttal witnesses (aside from CF) had to go in sequence on the same day, so they could not start with those on Friday...I don't think that CF was part of that particular sequence.

You are correct. I just listened to the tape and HC said the other witnesses where there and they follow behind one another, but didn't think it was best to start with only 15 minutes left before the jury was dismissed.

My guess is that CF will be there to testify today because 1) this testimony is important to the State's case and/or 2) he was available today all along.

Someone was commenting yesterday about which juror demographics are most likely to distrust LE; and said this jury was made up primarily of working-class women.

Other than gender, do we have any information on the demographics of this jury?

RN...my greatest concern during this trial is how many of them might not like CARYITES. As more witnesses testified about NC spending $, BMW, HT shopping, LTF, etc I've had a great concern. Most citizens of Wake County have an opinion about Cary and its residents. I would say this jury does too. Sad, but true.

I wonder how many paid close attention to the Nifong/Duke case which happened in their backyard. Definitely impacted me as a juror. Official misconduct is not as rare as one may think.

RN...my greatest concern during this trial is how many of them might not like CARYITES. As more witnesses testified about NC spending $, BMW, HT shopping, LTF, etc I've had a great concern. Most citizens of Wake County have an opinion about Cary and its residents. I would say this jury does too. Sad, but true.

BBM

I'd definitely agree with that statement.

The poster yesterday (I think it was Sunshine05?) had studied juror demographics, and stated AA women and working class woman were least likely to support LE.

I'd imagine most working-class women wish they had the option to be a SAHM, drive a BMW, live in a large home, and have a $300 weekly allowance.

Someone was commenting yesterday about which juror demographics are most likely to distrust LE; and said this jury was made up primarily of working-class women.

Other than gender, do we have any information on the demographics of this jury?

10 of the jurors are from the demo specificied in the post above me.

I agree. Only those who live in the area would know this, but Cary has a stereotype/reputation that goes along with it and unfortunately there has been nothing in this trial that has disproved any of that, in fact in some ways it has enhanced it.

I had posted yesterday that I have a feeling there may be more than one that does not relate to NC and the lifestyle that she lived and that is problematic for that state. Something also that hasn't been brought up much that I think is an issue is IMO I don't think the pros. has humanized NC in front of this jury as much as they should. Perhaps they are saving that for closing (although I have a hard time believing that if BZ is doing the closing).

I wonder how many paid close attention to the Nifon/Duke case. Definitely impacted me as a juror. Official misconduct is not as rare as one may think.

No, it is not. And, I think that is still a wise and prevelant practice to always judge any testimony. The FBI has certainly had its share of problems as well. I am also sure that inconsistencies and untruths by state's witnesses will impact their decisions. It would mine if I were on the jury. Not to mention that the most important piece of evidence (IMO) was the google map, and it is under a cloud of doubt due to improper handling of the computers while under CPD's protections.

BBM

I'd definitely agree with that statement.

The poster yesterday (I think it was Sunshine05?) had studied juror demographics, and stated AA women and working class woman were least likely to support LE.

I'd imagine most working-class women wish they had the option to be a SAHM, drive a BMW, live in a large home, and have a $300 weekly allowance.

I brought that up yesterday too. We know one of them works collection at night, do you think they would like to be a SAHM rolling around in a BMW getting 300 a week? I bet they don't make 300 a week doing the job they have now.

Of course if the majority of those 10 female jurors are stay-at-home moms, I'd think they'd be leaning towards a guilty verdict. Hmmm, it's all very interesting. I hadn't read too closely into the juror demographics until now, when things are wrapping up.

Look no further than SBI.

Yes, and as I said above, the FBI has had its share of problems as well. The SBI's situation was isolated to report writing in blood analysis back in the 90's and early 2000's. The FBI's problem was IMO inaccurate interpretation of results in a particular analysis. Both agencies have corrected the problem or no longer do the specific procedures/reports as they did before. However, it is enough with the embellishment of the news media to create doubt even with good results.

Of course if the majority of those 10 female jurors are stay-at-home moms, I'd think they'd be leaning towards a guilty verdict. Hmmm, it's all very interesting. I hadn't read too closely into the juror demographics until now, when things are wrapping up.

I agree, should be very interesting to see what verdict the jurors come back with. I can see both sides of the coin honestly. When I was a SAHM, we were on a tight budget, there were no extras. Yet, being a SAHM, I would be more inclined to understand the 'control' BC allegedly tried thru financial means. More or less, I can understand the 'trapped' feeling of relying on another person for everything.

I would have a hard time as a juror. But then again, they have heard some testimony we haven't so I am not even close to assuming that they will either come back with G/NG at this point. Just personal opinion after having the option of going back and reading and listening until I can't think anymore.
I have not had the opportunity to meet a couple talking about, hiring an attorney to divorce someone and then living with their spouse. Divorce is hard enough without living with the person. Then again, they were still making plans to do things as couple or 'friends' or whatever they were doing. Its so odd to me I can not even relate.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member