2011.05.03 - Day Seven of the Trial - Handwriting expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
We know the drill, please don't post until information from Tuesday's trial is released! :seeya:

Prosecution plans on resting its case sometime today in #colemantrial. Defense has said it needs a day for its case

ksdknews tweet

Wow. So we really might see justice for Sheri and the boys on May 5!

Wow. So we really might see justice for Sheri and the boys on May 5!

Wouldn't that be a sign from God for the Coleman family! I have to admit that my stomach is tied in knots now - we are so close to the end. I hope the jury is using their common sense and won't be swayed by the "reasonable doubt" the defense will try to present. Sometimes jurors can get too literal with that phrase.
If he is found guilty, how long before they sentence him? Is it done the same day or later?

Wouldn't that be a sign from God for the Coleman family! I have to admit that my stomach is tied in knots now - we are so close to the end. I hope the jury is using their common sense and won't be swayed by the "reasonable doubt" the defense will try to present. Sometimes jurors can get too literal with that phrase.
If he is found guilty, how long before they sentence him? Is it done the same day or later?

I'm not sure how that works in IL. But I did find this very interesting report, a snippet of which states:

"Illinois employs a bifurcated sentencing proceeding to determine the imposition of the death penalty. Immediately following the determination as to the defendant's guilt, the Illinois death penalty statute contemplates that a separate sentencing hearing will commence." (The defendant can have the sentencing hearing before a jury, or before a judge.) "A sentencing hearing conducted before a jury will generally be conducted before the same jury which heard the guilt/innocence phase of the trial."

Lots more at that link...

Does court start at 8am or is that just when the doors open?

I found this a bit comforting... Chris Hayes observation of the jury.

"Not much of a reaction from jurors, but they definitely look @ the defendant a lot. In fact, one day they said they wanted a better view of Coleman. They're very engaged in what prosecutors have to say, which leads me to believe they're being won over."

The days tweets so far...

#colemantrial prosecution may wrap case today- Defense expects to take about half a day. @fox2now

#colemantrial spray paint expected to be focus of day 7. Prosecutors say suspect bought 'Rustoleum Candy Apple Red' 2 months before murders

STLToday: Prosecution in Coleman case expected to rest case today: Final prosecution witnesses will be handwriti... http://bit.ly/lDPAcd

@nickpistor
Nicholas J.C. Pistor
There is a reason why they call John O'Gara "Columbo in the courtroom" (not sure what this means!)

@ksdknews
KSDK
During cross examination, AT&T rep says they could not pinpoint exact location where call was made. #colemantrial

@ksdknews
KSDK
AT&T employee says a call Coleman made when he was supposedly driving home from gym to check on family, registered at tower not on route.

@nickpistor
Nicholas J.C. Pistor
Linguistic expert, handwriting expert today. Prosecution expected to rest case.

@ksdknews
KSDK
Computer expert say email threats to coleman saying his family will b killed cause his involvement w/ joycemeyer were sent from his computer

@ChrisHayesTV
Chris Hayes
#colemantrial compelling testimony from Purdue U comp. expert, saying threats had to come from Coleman's laptop & shot down theory of virus

@nickpistor
Nicholas J.C. Pistor
Defense attorneys make cryptic reference to gmail account created on coleman laptop after the murders; no more details given

Here comes the spin... the phantom had the laptops after the murders... yeah defense, whatever!

So... We all know that the defense has "so far" looked like they have nothing. This isn't typical. Typically they sling some fairly clever/oddball (and devious and BS) stuff in the ring to make people's heads spin. Well, this defense has not done that so far. Everything put forth has sounded like tripe, easily blown out of the water, like a dodo thought it up.

I think what Nick might be saying is that O'Gara has meant to look like he had nothing for the defense up to this point, but that he will soon blow us all out of the water with some Columbo stuff, i.e. really reasonable finds to create really reasonable doubt and entice some jurors.

Okay...so they are going to match that partial print (which could be a toy mark) to Keith Coleman's shoe maybe? They are going to have Keith say that he actually did break into the house through the back window one day and that it could be done? They are going to produce text from Keith's computer from before the murders that show that he too started his sentences with a "U" and ended it with all caps "AT THE END OF THE SENTENCE?" They are going to show that he too misspelled the word "oppurtunity?" Maybe they have actually thought of some real good chess moves (not like the latter)?

I have little respect for anyone that would defend a person they KNOW did the murders, but defense attorneys generally have higher IQs than their clients and can generally come up with something to throw into the ring. We have seen nothing yet. My guess is that we are going to see O'Gara earn his money sometime soon.

Be ready gang, we're going to want to diffuse the stuff. You never know when a prosecutor could be reading and could use a few other good brains to call a red herring when they see one and blow it up with fact.

O'Gara didn't get to where he was without having something going for him. We certainly haven't seen anything yet, but maybe we are about to see something.

Oh I get it...a phantom really did log in to Chris' computer and Chris knew it, and he was trying to trace them so that he could find out where they were located and catch them. He found a keystroke recorder on his laptop at one time, just prior to the gmail account being created -- that keystroke recorder proves that the Phantom knew just how to mimic Chris' writing because all of it had been cobbled from past emails that Chris wrote in the past.

The contortions are about to hit. If they are going to try to use techy stuff to blow this up, then the prosecution needs to have their techy think tank on hand to prove that the herrings are easily blown up.

They must blow up that which the prosecution has set up... They must try to prove that someone could get into the house through that window or otherwise (maybe through the chimney?), they must try to prove that Keith or Tara could have been there that day (they have to match the herrings don't they?), they have to match the possible shoe print with someone's shoe (maybe they found one that would match?), they have to prove that someone could easily have mimicked all of Chris' linquistic things, what else?

They have to prove that Chris lied, that he wasn't at the house that night? That wasn't him driving the car out of the driveway that morning to go to the gym or him using that phone? That Keith was actually at the house, or Brad?

good point wrinkles--right now, the defense is simply rearranging deck chairs on the titanic--hard to believe they go down without some sort of "Gotcha"!
We'll find that out soon enough...but still going to have an uphill battle getting all 12 jurors to go to the "not guilty" camp....

Hi Brian,

I know there is intense evil in this world, some of it sits at the defense table in the form of Chris Coleman. Although I have little respect for anyone that would defend the evil, I find it difficult to believe that O'Gara would actually permit himself to be used by that level of evil to the extent that he could actually really come up with something to counter the truth of this situation and bring any type of believable reasonable doubt.

We'll soon see the antics. Clever intelligence based trickery is one thing, I think that can be blown out of the water. It will have to be unadulterated absolute wickedness at high levels that can turn this around. We know that Chris has been used by such, will it consume others?

So...what were the unrecognizable symbols found spray painted on the sheets of the one child's bed? Did someone figure that out yet, or was Chris running out of paint at the time?

and from this article...

>>Last week, Wojtowicz testified about sexually charged pictures and videos of Lintz and Coleman found on the computer and on Coleman's personal cellphone. O'Gara pointed out that pictures of his children were found there too, and schedules for their upcoming baseball games.<<

Yah... Maybe those schedules were there so that a baseball game wouldn't get in the way of Chris having his family all in one place at one time so that he could do what he had been planning for months?

Were the pictures there so that Chris could make sure the Phantom knew what the children looked like and could identify his victims before taking their lives? Or maybe he would want to remember what the children's faces looked like before he strangled them?

nickpistor: Forensic linguist: "only a forensic linguist would say we have an interesting use of apostrophe reversal"

LOL I like this forensic linguist already--sense of humor at least.

ETA: OH SNAP--too much sense of humor:

ChrisHayesTV: #colemantrial forensic linguist opened for Hendrix @Woodstock. said if he'd dropped acid, he wouldn't be here. Testimony may have lost jury

http://www.chathousenews.com/2011/04/live-coleman-trial-updates.html

I just saw that ynot... UGH!!! here's the followup tweet...

"#colemantrial forensic linguist testimony bounced b/w college lecture & strings of cuss words as he quoted threats. Tied threats to suspect"

Try to catch up later, watching a precious lil baby who is a bit fussy today and not napping at all :( Hoping just a tummy ache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627