State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please explain to me why the defense is doing their closing first, followed by the state? I thought it is supposed to be the opposite order. TIA!

Can anyone please explain to me why the defense is doing their closing first, followed by the state? I thought it is supposed to be the opposite order. TIA!

If I understood correctly, the state is going first, but they also will be able to rebut after the defense. What I am not clear on is if the 2 hour limit is supposed to cover both closing and rebut for the state.

Because the defense opted to present evidence during the state's portion of the case, they defaulted on the closing statement side of the equation in doing so. So they can't go last as a result. They willingly took this option.

the pros is closing second because kurtz introduced evidence during the pros case in chief

If I understood correctly, the state is going first, but they also will be able to rebut after the defense. What I am not clear on is if the 2 hour limit is supposed to cover both closing and rebut for the state.

defense first ...state last

IIRC, the defense (Bradley) gave up his right to have the last word when they started admitting evidence during the Prosecutions CIC.

The judge talked to Bradley extensively about this at the beginning of the trial.

no one is allowed to leave courtroom during closing arguments, discussing a juror and Thursday so courtroom went darK

IMO, the closings need to be KISS. Drive the facts/strong opinions home to the jury, leave the smoke screen behind. This jury is tired & fustrated. They have expressed it, so it's best grant their wish. I know I would turn a deaf ear to all the ramblings, because most likely many know which way they are going to go with the verdict.

the Defense sounds like they are going to go over the 2 hours!!! it figures

Its worth reposting Danielle59's excellent list from last night - things we're likely to hear from the defense this morning:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death is a messy business, doesn't it bother anyone that there is no forensic evidence of a crime scene?

That the trunk was dirty, not show room clean as some have stated, but no evidence of her being moved in it? Not even fiber from a bedspread as I have heard on this site?

That they did not pull up the floor boards in the foyer to look for bodily fluids between the boards where you can't clean since that is what we are supposed to believe is the crime scene?

Doesn't it bother anyone that the tire tracks at the location she was found were too narrow for either of their vehicals?

Then there is the issue of the foot prints at the scene, not castable, but being smaller than his foot?

That a condom found near the body was dismissed.

That JA didn't want anyone else to speak to the police without going through her?

That JA called her Friday night knowing she was at a party to ask her to come to her house?

That no one else knew about her plans to supposedly paint at JA's on Saturday morning, yet we are supposed to beleive that she told all her friends all her plans?

That the Lopez guy remembered having a specific conversation about NC saying she had plans to jog on Satruday morning, then suspiciously changed that recollection after talking to his wife, and assuring the CPD that 100% of his recollections were correct but that one?

All the lies by JA in her affidavit and to the police, such as BC never attended his children's bday parties, that he never cared for the children, and the lies go on and on?

That HP stated as fact that NCs earrings were screwbacks when they were not?

Doesn't it make you wonder about all the testimony that has now been proven as false, such as the necklace never being taken off, the ducks not being missing, BC not calling NC while she was on vacation the week before, and so on?

That CPD erased her blackberry and before they even had a SW?

That CPD didn't request detailed records on her cell phone and then waited to late to tell anyone about the erasure until it was too late to get better detailed records?

That the CPD didn't tell anyone about the erasure for so long?

That CPD will not release the chain of evidence records on the laptop?

That the securing of the laptop was so out of protocol? That it even started the FBI agent when he learned of that?

That NC had not contacted her divorce attorney in months? Yet we are supposed to believe her leaving him was imminent?

That a man's children were taken from him before he was even supposedly considered a suspect? If we are to believe the CPD testimony?

That a man was arrested on gossip evidence?

That JP was not investigated? Especially considering his interview we heard with the CPD?

That there is no proof of her calling the realtor and saying she had to find something immediately, yet she also did not call her attorney?

That she, NC, supposedly said she was unable to open a bank account but Mrs. C was?

That the husband was the only one zero'ed in on while no one else was even investigated?

That despite 2.5 years to investigate that much evidence was not collected until the end of last year, for example, soil samples? Soil samples that were then compared to shoes that did not seem to be worn that day?

Having a hard time finding live feed wral. Pls post. Thank you.

Its worth reposting Danielle59's excellent list from last night - things we're likely to hear from the defense this morning:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Snipped by grommet]

What about the ONLY physical evidence available in the case (NC stomach contents devoid of food from the night before, and caffeine present in her system) indicating that it was possible she was alive that morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo