2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Jurors in the trial of a Cary man charged with killing his wife began sifting through eight weeks of evidence Tuesday as they work to determine whether Bradley Graham Cooper is guilty of murder in the 2008 death.
Jurors began deliberating about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and were dismissed for the day shortly after 5 p.m. But they still had time to ask the judge for a detailed list of all the witnesses and articles introduced during the trial.

http://www.westport-news.com/news/article/Jury-deliberates-in-Cary-man-s-murder-trial-1363720.php

To add to the above, jury also requested a 2008 calendar which judge appeared to provide (asked someone to print one).

Jury selected a foreman very quickly, and before the request for material.

Should we be posting here today instead of yesterday's thread?

I have a feeling we'll have a verdict this afternoon.

for our members who went to court what was the jury made up of ? the n&o said it was 10 men 2 women. I thought i read here it was 10 women 2 men ?

I can actually not imagine there will be a verdict today. I think they will need much longer to find a verdict.
Wouldn't it be nice to have your phone ring once they are done. I feel so silly coming back to my computer every few minutes just refreshing the wral site.

I heard via someone on twitter that they left last night around 5pm and will be back today at 9:30 to deliberate. I think they are ready to get down to business. They want this to be over. I also read that the juror that was supposed to take he/pick up her daughter to college made other arrangements so she could deliberate today. I think that shows how seriously she's taking her duties. I can't imagine sitting through the trial all those weeks and being replaced at the end by an alternate because I had an obligation.

I will be surprised if we don't have a verdict today. I think the jury is ready to be done.

Did the jurors know all along who was a "real" juror and who was an alternate? I'd think it'd be better if they didn't know (sort of like taking a placebo pill) so that they would all give it the same level of focus.

I heard via someone on twitter that they left last night around 5pm and will be back today at 9:30 to deliberate. I think they are ready to get down to business. They want this to be over. I also read that the juror that was supposed to take he/pick up her daughter to college made other arrangements so she could deliberate today. I think that shows how seriously she's taking her duties. I can't imagine sitting through the trial all those weeks and being replaced at the end by an alternate because I had an obligation.

I will be surprised if we don't have a verdict today. I think the jury is ready to be done.

BBM I think you are right. But in an ideal world that should not influence the verdict finding.

I dont think we will have a verdict today. Eight weeks of a trial and they go through everything in one day? :seeya:

Did the jurors know all along who was a "real" juror and who was an alternate? I'd think it'd be better if they didn't know (sort of like taking a placebo pill) so that they would all give it the same level of focus.

the courtroom goes dark when jurors are discussed ..don't they usually draw names?

They only need one thing to have reasonable doubt and it is done. Essentially if they agree with anything Trenkle said they should return NG.

You know during jury selection if you are a juror or alternate.

If there is a verdict today I think odds would lean more toward NG. The longer it goes, the longer it favors G.

It'll be nice when this is over. It certainly will be a long time before I follow a trial as closely as this one. This forum is very good for discussion and opinions, but I've seen some heated comments made throughout, some of which were probably uncalled for. I've seen people post with such emotion. I've seen posters take things so personal and literal that it has caused sniping barbs back and forth between people that don't even know the person posting. I've seen people getting judged because of deep rooted beliefs when they know nothing about the poster. I've seen name calling, stereotyping, etc. Finally because of all this a good number of people have gotten TO'd, some even banned.

So in the end I'll be glad when this is over. I'm sure there will be another trial that will stir up emotions and such, I just won't be a part of it. I think most people here want justice, regardless of what side your on. It's just everyone has a different definition of what justice is. At the end of the day someone's daughter and a mother is dead and there is nothing that is going to bring her back, whether BC is found guilty or not. That is the tragedy in all of this.

Some intial notes/thoughts:

1) Jury was exceptionally fast to request evidence/items. They are ready to get out of there.
2) Seems the jury foreman/woman is a very organized person.
3) N&O article notes Trenkle has a history of getting high marks from jurors in past trials
4) The request of the calendar leads me to think the jury is looking at the router information provided by the State's rebuttal witness
5) I agree a quick verdict would mean NG, anything more than a few days of deliberations leans to G.

Would love to hear other thoughts on both sides of the fence. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member