Why Have George and Cindy Requested a Video Visitation With Casey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leila

Reaction score
Posted by Nums24 in the News thread of May 3, 2011:

Casey Anthony: George and Cindy ask to see her, WKMG reports

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...ontent=Twitter
Quote:
“I am told her parents are waiting for her to decide whether or not they will have a video visitation,” WKMG’s Tony Pipitone reported. “Defense attorney Jose Baez was made aware of the parents’ request this week, and so far, George and Cindy Anthony have not heard back from their daughter’s attorney.

George and Cindy Anthony have not visited Casey since her arrest on October 14, 2008. Why have they suddenly requested a video visitation with Casey just 5 days before jury selection is to begin?

In the past they've complained that their jailhouse visits with Casey are not private and the media obtains the video taped visitation and posts it to their online sites for the public. They requested a private visit in the past but were not granted one. So why now do they want a video visitation with Casey? And, why is their request for a video visitation being released as a news story?

Since they now know the visit would be released they have figured out a way to introduce evidence without ICA ever taking the stand.

Another scheme for ICA boldly requested by CA and GA. Remember them? They were Caylee Marie's grandparents. Bring out the tissues if this happens.

Since they now know the visit would be released they have figured out a way to introduce evidence without ICA ever taking the stand.

ITA! I really think there's a purpose to this video visitation and the only thing it could be is that knowing the video would be released, it's a way to get evidence introduced.

Well, hopefully if "Princess" grants their wishes for a visitation, the SA will not put it into discovery if it insinuates telling KC's story without her taking the stand. It isn't a requirement that it be released is it?

Well, hopefully if "Princess" grants their wishes for a visitation, the SA will not put it into discovery if it insinuates telling KC's story without her taking the stand. It isn't a requirement that it be released is it?

The way I understand it, the video visitations fall under the Sunshine Law, and all the media has to do is watch the visitor logs and if a visit between Casey and her parents happens, they can request a copy of the video and put it on their website for the public. I would expect the media to present this as a major news story.

wow! there IS something they REALLY don't want brought up huh? Why would they honestly think ICA will see them now? CA must be delusional *and VERY AFRAID of what has yet to be revealed. Somehow I don't think they can beg for her silence anymore. CA did say ICA had to have help. LE said LA knows what he has done... and I am on pins and needles! :~ 0
MOO :cow:

I guess the A's really are in media withdraw! This is another way for them to also get on TV and say what they want without cross examination or questioning.

Dog and pony show!

Posted by Nums24 in the News thread of May 3, 2011:

Casey Anthony: George and Cindy ask to see her, WKMG reports

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...ontent=Twitter
Quote:
“I am told her parents are waiting for her to decide whether or not they will have a video visitation,” WKMG’s Tony Pipitone reported. “Defense attorney Jose Baez was made aware of the parents’ request this week, and so far, George and Cindy Anthony have not heard back from their daughter’s attorney.

George and Cindy Anthony have not visited Casey since her arrest on October 14, 2008. Why have they suddenly requested a video visitation with Casey just 5 days before jury selection is to begin?

In the past they've complained that their jailhouse visits with Casey are not private and the media obtains the video taped visitation and posts it to their online sites for the public. They requested a private visit in the past but were not granted one. So why now do they want a video visitation with Casey? And, why is their request for a video visitation being released as a news story?

After all this time the A family wants to visit with ICA for a setup confession of sorts...Why would she see them after all this time? She holds contempt for them, doesn't acknowledge CA in the courtroom and this visit should happen a few days before jury selections? Maybe ICA should plead guilty to the court not her parents...How incredulous this visit will be...

Seems ICA worked her charm on CMason and Baez for they think she's the best thing since sliced bread....:loser: JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Why does there even need to be a special request anyway? Can't they just go to the jail and plain ole visit her?

I think I heard in one of the many news reports yesterday that, if ICA granted CA and GA's request for a visit, someone (sorry for no details here) was going to ask the judge to have the video sealed or something, and that CJBP could quickly rule on that before the visit.

Also, if CA says something useful during the visit, as has been mentioned above, if the S.A. does not request it to be put into discovery, couldn't Baez do it? Wasn't there a quick mention at the last hearing about Baez requesting transcripts of the prior visits and Baez saying that they went ahead and had it done and paid for it because he knew it was in a "grey area"? CJBP was saying he did not know if transcription of this was something that the court reporters would even do?

Sounds like this interview may have been part of a plan - or maybe I just don't trust anything these people do anymore.

ITA! I really think there's a purpose to this video visitation and the only thing it could be is that knowing the video would be released, it's a way to get evidence introduced.
I agree with you Leila. It has been 3 years and it was said they did not like their visits being taped but here they are now requesting one. You know there has to be some motive and if this visit happens and it is tape you know they will speak in code. I would really like to see the interaction between them. If George is going to step in front of that bus maybe this is his way of saying bye bye. Maybe they will ask forgiveness for things the might have to say in court. Maybe this is just another plan in the works. Who knows with this family.:waitasec:

It would have been interesting to see a poll on whether or not the visit will happen.

I vote a big NO!

KC doesn't want her parents, once again, stealing her thunder. I see KC as thinking that this is HER show. Just like the last visit where she said everyone only cared about finding Caylee and no one really cared about HER locked up! Just like when her mother copyrighted Caylee's name, got paid for interviews, sold items...The list goes on.

I'm pretty sure she is not going to give them this spotlight.

I smell a rat, these two are certainly up to something.........they request a video visit 6 days before jury selection.....no way....You can bet JB is in on this.....they are stopping at nothing to free the "princess", the lovely person that killed their precious granddaughter! I'm getting sick all ready and I just woke up...........

The timing is so very peculiar isn't it? If the visit happens, it will be interesting to see which media outlet is the first to request the video. IF this is a way for the defense to get testimony into evidence on the sly, then KC will most definitely want to see her parents. MOO, if KC agrees to see them, it is because all of them have been coached on what to say, when to say it, so the defense can bring this video up at trial.

It would have been interesting to see a poll on whether or not the visit will happen.

I vote a big NO!

KC doesn't want her parents, once again, stealing her thunder. I see KC as thinking that this is HER show. Just like the last visit where she said everyone only cared about finding Caylee and no one really cared about HER locked up! Just like when her mother copyrighted Caylee's name, got paid for interviews, sold items...The list goes on.

I'm pretty sure she is not going to give them this spotlight.

If they are all in on it, she probably will be advised by "her men" to say yes and see them........

Why does there even need to be a special request anyway? Can't they just go to the jail and plain ole visit her?

Excellent! If they want to visit, then go! Why the need to make such a big deal out of it? :waitasec:

She decides if she wants to see them or not, remember she's the "boss":maddening:

I agree if she sees them it's a defense move...
if she refuses it's a CA move~ as evil as ICA is, I believe CA is worse, more calculated,years more experience ...
ICA would be a fool to agree to see them at this late date. if JB advised it I Smell a Rat! and possible BIG TROUBLE for all the A's-
JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!

:cow:

I think I heard in one of the many news reports yesterday that, if ICA granted CA and GA's request for a visit, someone (sorry for no details here) was going to ask the judge to have the video sealed or something, and that CJBP could quickly rule on that before the visit.

Also, if CA says something useful during the visit, as has been mentioned above, if the S.A. does not request it to be put into discovery, couldn't Baez do it? Wasn't there a quick mention at the last hearing about Baez requesting transcripts of the prior visits and Baez saying that they went ahead and had it done and paid for it because he knew it was in a "grey area"? CJBP was saying he did not know if transcription of this was something that the court reporters would even do?

Sounds like this interview may have been part of a plan - or maybe I just don't trust anything these people do anymore.

Piggybacking off your great post here are my theories,

1. I wonder if this request for a video visit came in from the Anthonys 30 seconds after the last hearing finished? If it did then perhaps they are confident that Judge Perry will seal the visit due to all the pretrial publicity.

2. They are desperate to see ICA to put an end to the madness in an attempt to save her life and convince her to cop a plea, if that is even an option at this stage.

3. As others have said, they want to get something out in the public arena without getting ICA on the stand.

4. They want to let ICA know they will do whatever it takes to save her - meaning George will take a dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth