Case Report - NamUs MP # 10556

Tammy Ann Hill
Nickname/Alias Tammy Fafard, Tammy Hill-Herman
Date LKA July 18, 1995 - 00:00
Date entered May 03, 2011
Age LKA 24 to years old
Age now 40 years old
Race White
Missing from: Holland, Ohio (suburban Toledo)

Height 58.0 to 60.0 inches
Weight 90.0 to 100.0 pounds

Circumstances
Tammy and her husband got into a fight over the drugs she was using. Tammy walked out of the house without her purse, shoes or other belongings. She was never heard from again. Her husband waited two months to report her missing. She would often leave two to three weeks at a time.

Tattoos of a flamingo and a rose. Family can't confirm location of tattoos.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10556/4/

Doe Network profile:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2625dfoh.html

Vital Statistics

* Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'8-5'0"; 90-100 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Petite build.
* Medical: Drug and alcohol addiction. Was possibly developing cervical cancer.
* Clothing: Possibly a sun-dress.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Tammy Fafard was last seen in Toledo, OH in July 1995.

Tammy, who would have graduated from Northwood High School in 1989 but dropped out as a sophomore, got caught up in crack cocaine. Her first three boys were taken from her after she couldn't care for them herself. She tried to check on them and see them as often as she could.

There was no phone at her home, at Crissey Road, where she lived with her husband. And she had no driver's license. The two were unemployed and broke, and they both smoked crack cocaine.

Her youngest son was born on Christmas Eve, 1994. During Tammy's pregnancy, tests indicated she was developing cervical cancer. Doctors warned her to be treated as soon as her baby was born.

Tammy never sought treatment for the possible cancer. She went home, and according to her husband, she continued to smoke crack. The fourth baby also was taken from her. As things got worse Tammy began selling her body for drugs.

Her husband told police the couple had gotten into a fight, over the drugs, and Tammy walked from the house without her purse and belongings. She wore no shoes, just a sun-dress.

He never reported his wife as missing, as she often would leave for two or three weeks, and her disappearance went virtually unnoticed for half a summer.

Police were well aware of the problems in the Crissey Road house. Time and again, deputies called to the home broke up fights between the two.
In the last weeks, Tammy checked in often with her mother, and she saw her boys.

Investigators fear foul play in her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Toledo Police Department
Detective Stooksbury
419-245-3151

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Tammy Ann Hill – The Charley Project

Tammy Ann Hill
  • tammy_ann_hill_1.jpg
  • tammy_ann_hill_2.jpg
Hill, circa 1995

• Missing Since05/01/1995
  • Missing FromHolland, Ohio
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth03/02/1971 (48)
  • Age24 years old
  • Height and Weight4'10 - 5'0, 90 - 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA sundress and no shoes or socks.
  • Medical ConditionsHill was suffering from untreated cervical cancer at the time of her disappearance. She was addicted to crack cocaine and alcohol and was generally in poor health in 1995.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Hill may use the last names Fafard and/or Hill-Herman. She has a tattoo of a flamingo and a tattoo of a rose.
Details of Disappearance
Hill was last seen in Holland, Ohio sometime in May 1995. She and her husband, Sullivan Fafard, got into a fight about her drug use and she left the house without her belongings, not even her purse or her shoes. She has never been heard from again. Her mother reported her missing on July 18, 1995.

Hill and Fafard lived in the 900 block of Crissey Road in 1995. They were both unemployed at the time of Hill's disappearance, Hill didn't have a driver's license and their home had no telephone, which was part of the reason her disappearance went unnoticed for so long.

She had previously left home for two or three weeks at a time, but she's never been gone for this long. She did keep in touch with her mother and regularly visited her four sons, all of whom were in foster care.

According to her loved ones, Hill dropped out of high school in her sophomore year and became involved with crack cocaine. During her final pregnancy, doctors discovered she was developing cervical cancer and told her to seek treatment as soon as her son was born, but she never followed through after the birth in December 1994.

She and her husband sometimes had violent arguments, with injuries on both sides, and the police had been called to their residence several times as a result.

Foul play is suspected in Hill's case, which remains unsolved. Authorities believe she was the victim of a homicide.

Hi everyone, I know this thread isn't very active but I stumbled upon possible information about Tammy when searching for something else.

In March 2020, skeletal remains were found by hunters less about one mile from Tammy's home.

It is such a clear possibility that this is Tammy, but no exclusions are listed, and I cannot find any MSM articles indicating that her name has been brought up in relation to the remains that were found.

Regarding her husband, his name appears to be Sylvain Fafard, not Sullivan Fafard. (I'm assuming it is ok to post his name since it's been widely reported.)

Tammy Ann Hill NamUs MP#10556

Charley Project - Tammy Ann Hill

NamUs UP#67570

WTVG Story

Hi everyone, I know this thread isn't very active but I stumbled upon possible information about Tammy when searching for something else.

In March 2020, skeletal remains were found by hunters less about one mile from Tammy's home.

It is such a clear possibility that this is Tammy, but no exclusions are listed, and I cannot find any MSM articles indicating that her name has been brought up in relation to the remains that were found.

Regarding her husband, his name appears to be Sylvain Fafard, not Sullivan Fafard. (I'm assuming it is ok to post his name since it's been widely reported.)

Tammy Ann Hill NamUs MP#10556

Charley Project - Tammy Ann Hill

NamUs UP#67570

WTVG Story
The NamUs case number for the unidentified decedent no longer works, so I guess the remains were identified. Tammy is still up on NamUs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back