2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cummings: jury was fully aware of their options for watching the depositions, in part, in portion...its redacted, obvious there are time gaps, you can also tell from answers it was skipping from place to place.

Trenkle: your instructions quite clear, they can watch all of some. re: redaction, clear its prejudicial, but to give a transcript prejudicial if not asked for.

Judge: dangeroue to solicit anything further, at my discretion I am going to..any objections to me providing exhibits requested? from the state? Mr. Leegon (sp?) did provide me w/note, jury requests lunch break from 11:30 - 1:30.

Jury wants specific lunch break.......11-130 ?

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
#CooperTrial jury sends note to judge. They want to take a lunch break today from 11:30am to 1:30pm.

two hours is riduculous...............

My two cents, but the request for a 2-hour lunch break could mean one of two things: could be that they know it's cinco de mayo and restaurants will be busy and lunch may take longer (or that they have errands to run at lunch)

-OR- it could mean that they are very close to a verdict, plan to get there just before lunch, and want to take a long lunch to think it over and be absolutely sure.

I think the jury just may finish up today.

*That 2 hour lunch break is ridiculous unless they just wanted to have one more lunch together.

I think the requested lunch time is interesting.

But, I don't think they had been given all of the things they requested yesterday, right? If they want BC 7 hour deposition, it will take them a while to go through that. IIRC, the judge did ask them if they wanted a specific part of it and they wanted all of it?

good points sleuthers.............and i do hope you're right!!

finalize their decision, a nice long goodbye lunch, back at 1:30 and verdict:great:

hmmm...

Or they really want to get first dibs on those Cinco de Mayo drink specials.

I think it's unfair to rush to judgement on the two hour lunch.

At least we know there will not be a verdict this morning.

But, I don't think they had been given all of the things they requested yesterday, right? If they want BC 7 hour deposition, it will take them a while to go through that. IIRC, the judge did ask them if they wanted a specific part of it and they wanted all of it?

they haven't clarified........the state asked about that this morning, the defense said leave them alone, the judge agreed with the defense........

so who knows?

Good Morning;
Today is THE day we've all been waiting for for 2+ years. MOO I just can't image what the Rentz's, Coopers and BRadleeey are feeling today. Here I am KM away and my stomach is in knots waiting. . . . waiting . . . waiting. . . .
I have lots of questions for those of you in the know:
Any thought on whether there will be charges laid against CPD and what might those chares be? Can the Rentz's or Bradleeey charge them? WHat about the DA's office? Can they be charged with something? COuld the Rentz's have already filed a wrongful death suit and then proceed or drop it based on the outsome of this trial? ANybody know??

I am really starting to think they will return a guilty verdict on murder 1.

Good Morning;
Today is THE day we've all been waiting for for 2+ years. MOO I just can't image what the Rentz's, Coopers and BRadleeey are feeling today. Here I am KM away and my stomach is in knots waiting. . . . waiting . . . waiting. . . .
Any thought on whether there will be charges laid against CPD and what might those chares be? Can the Rentz's or Bradleeey charge them? WHat about the DA's office? Can they be charged with something? COuld the Rentz's have already filed a wrongful death suit and then proceed or drop it based on the outsome of this trial? ANybody know??

good morning! the rentz family didn't file a wrongful death suit as far as i know and the 2 year time limit is up...........

as to bradley suing, nope...........i've always thought that unfair for a defendant and i'm very pro prosecution usually..........but he cannot sue, he's just set free

charges against cpd or the da?? i doubt it...........

Good Morning;

Not 100% on this, but fairly certain govt employees cannot be charged with a crime for doing their duties, unless they do something negligent. Doing a bad job at their "normal" duties does not constitute a crime.

thank you mr. cameraman...........at least we have a flag view today:crazy:

eta.........well, we did:(

Good Morning;

Wrongful Death

A wrongful death action must be brought within two years of the date of death.

/from http://www.edgarsnyder.com/statute-limitations/north-carolina.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member