Sheri, Garrett and Gavin's remains may be moved to Chicago

I completely understand why her family would want this.

:rose:

Can't find anything recent, but there's this:

Richard Whitney, an attorney for Christopher Coleman and his parents, said Tuesday that his clients have agreed to abandon any challenge to the exhumations and reburials if Coleman loses his immediate appeals of his murder convictions.

"Suppose he wins on appeal, wins a new trial and is found not guilty. What would happen then if the bodies already had been moved to (the Chicago area)?" Whitney said from his office in Carbondale, Ill. "They would have to be disinterred a second time. That would be ludicrous and unnecessary."

Christopher Coleman and his parents, Whitney argued, "want the decedents to rest in peace where they're at — at least until Christopher Coleman's appeal is exhausted," something Whitney said could take months or perhaps more than a year to resolve. "But we're not talking years and years," he said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...blocks-reburials-of-slain-family-for-now.html

Jeez - if the Coleman <self-mod snip> are waiting until the appeals are exhausted, it really could take years.

But, the stay was a temporary restraining order so, hopefully, justice will prevail (again!) sometime soon.

Mother tries to move slain Coleman bodies from Chester to Chicago

The mother and brother of Sheri Coleman want to bring her body and the bodies of her boys, Garett and Gavin, back to Chicago, but it's going to take a legal battle.

Jack Carey, lawyer for Angela DiCicco, Sheri's mother, and Mario DiCicco, Sheri's brother, filed a petition Friday to remove a preliminary injunction so they can exhume the bodies from a Chester cemetery to be moved and interred in Chicago -- Sheri's hometown

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2012/09/21/2332446/mother-tries-to-move-slain-coleman.html#storylink=cpy

IMO as soon as Chris Coleman murdered his wife and 2 beautiful sons he lost his right to any say so in regard to where they are buried. Why he and his so called religious (cough-cult-cough) parents think they should now dictate where their remains should be is nothing more than another slap in the face to Sheri's loved ones.

Chris, you let go in life, you need to get over yourself and let go in death. It pisses me off to no end that the court system has allowed this situation to get to where it is now. It's almost as if the convicted murderer's rights once again trump the victims.

I also have a really hard time believing there are actually parishioners that still let this man preach the word of God to them. Talk about blind faith. I will never understand those sheeple from that steeple.

TallCoolOne - I could not have said it better! I'm thinking the Coleman's are very spiteful, holier than thou people. Perhaps they should play nice and let Sheri's family have their loved ones close.

Just awful....so spiteful, and it is allowed..I just don't get it.

I really hope that this nonsense stops and that Sheri's mom and brother get to lay Sheri and the boys to rest peacefully.

I really hope that this nonsense stops and that Sheri's mom and brother get to lay Sheri and the boys to rest peacefully.

Agreed. Time for the Coleman clan to stop and think about others for once in their life........

Agreed. Time for the Coleman clan to stop and think about others for once in their life........

The fact that this is in court speaks volumes to the true nature of CC's family. Granted these are their grandchildren also, however, the children are buried with their mother who is no biological relation to them. Common decency would allow Sheri's family to proceed with the exhumation. After all, but not for the actions of their son, those precious boys and their mother would be alive today....

MOO

Today, Randolph County Circuit Judge Richard Brown decided that the bodies of Sherri and her boys can be moved to Chicago. He decided that the interests of Sherri's mother outweighed those of the Colemans and that her family had waited long enough.
Finally, Sherri and the boys can be laid to rest near those who love them and aren't using them as pawns in a sick game. Not sure when the exhumation will take place, but whenever I hear the news, I will post it.

Rest in peace now, Sheri, Gavin, and Garrett. You are going home to those who love you.

At last! The Coleman clan will no longer be able to use Sherri, Gavin and Garrett as pawns to cause more pain to Sherri's loved ones. It's about time that hold was broken. This is just and it makes me so very sad that a win for her family is still a loss.

Chris Coleman can appeal until the cows come home, he will never leave those prison walls unless it's in a pine box, as it should be.

Today, Randolph County Circuit Judge Richard Brown decided that the bodies of Sherri and her boys can be moved to Chicago. He decided that the interests of Sherri's mother outweighed those of the Colemans and that her family had waited long enough.
Finally, Sherri and the boys can be laid to rest near those who love them and aren't using them as pawns in a sick game. Not sure when the exhumation will take place, but whenever I hear the news, I will post it.

Any news on when this is going to happen? I feel so much empathy for Sheri's family. The Coleman's treated them like they were the scum of the earth. And yet, it is the Coleman family who acted badly - all the way from Chris who killed his wife and children, to his brothers who threatened the detective (as he was testifying, no less!), to his parents who bullied Sheri's family and treated them like trash. I sometimes wonder if his church members are still walking the path Rev Ron and Connie have laid for them? Would even a psychiatrist be able to figure out what's going on in the minds of all these people?

I hope this brings some measure of peace to Sheri's family. I salute them for the strength and grace they have shown throughout this ordeal.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8875039
Thank God. I am so elated to hear that common sense and decency finally prevailed in this case. There is no da<n reason why those horrible people should have had custody of the bodies of the angels murdered by chris coleman. To me, this should have been a no brainer. It sickens me when families of victims have to suffer further indignities and horrible pain after the death, like Laci Peterson's parents, Susan Powell's, etc. This is great news but it's sad that it was even a question to begin with.

Any news on when this is going to happen? I feel so much empathy for Sheri's family. The Coleman's treated them like they were the scum of the earth. And yet, it is the Coleman family who acted badly - all the way from Chris who killed his wife and children, to his brothers who threatened the detective (as he was testifying, no less!), to his parents who bullied Sheri's family and treated them like trash. I sometimes wonder if his church members are still walking the path Rev Ron and Connie have laid for them? Would even a psychiatrist be able to figure out what's going on in the minds of all these people?

I hope this brings some measure of peace to Sheri's family. I salute them for the strength and grace they have shown throughout this ordeal.

I haven't heard any news yet about when they will be moved. I live 15 minutes from Chester, but I don't go there very often. Maybe on my way to visit my family for the holiday, I can make a trip through the cemetery to check it out.
I don't understand how the parishioners of Ron Coleman's church can continue to receive God's word from him. Apparently, they have some kind of a school going there now as well. Lord help the children who attend.

I haven't heard any news yet about when they will be moved. I live 15 minutes from Chester, but I don't go there very often. Maybe on my way to visit my family for the holiday, I can make a trip through the cemetery to check it out.
I don't understand how the parishioners of Ron Coleman's church can continue to receive God's word from him. Apparently, they have some kind of a school going there now as well. Lord help the children who attend.

Good heavens! What are these childrens' parents thinking? We have seen what a tremendous job the Coleman's did with their own children. [sarcasm intended] Let's see - at the very least, one son is a bully although he was ignorant enough to threaten the detective. Two of the sons are aldulterers. One of them was a murderer (and a *advertiser censored* actor for his mistress). And these are just the facts we know. Where there's smoke, there's fire - so I'm sure there is much more we don't know. What's so sad is that the children have no control over where they go to school. Let's hope God watches over them.

Coleman Murders Update: Strangled Family Exhumed

http://fox2now.com/2012/12/18/coleman-murders-update-strangled-family-exhumed/

The bodies of Sheri, Gavin and Garret Coleman have been dug from their grave site. They&#8217;re now on a truck and about to head to Chicago. Chris Hayes was the only reporter in Chester, Illinois as the story unfolded.

The former grave site in Chester looks almost the same, except for freshly dug dirt. Sheri and her boys were recently dug up and put on a truck to Chicago, Sheri&#8217;s hometown. Sheri&#8217;s family has been fighting for this moment for months

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back