TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Signal Mountain police are searching for a housewife who has been missing since April 30.
snip

Gail Palmgren is 5 feet, 8 inches tall, 135 pounds and has blonde hair and brown eyes. Her Jeep has a black soft top and a personalized Alabama tag, EAZY ST

snip

Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, who lives in the St. Ives subdivision on Ridgerock Drive, has not been seen since driving away from her home in her four-door, dark red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011...ice-searching-missing-housewife/?breakingnews

jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon.jpg

http://photobucket.com/images/Jeep Wrangler Rubicon/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

Is this the kind of Jeep? But this one isn't red.

And hers has a black soft top.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=signal+mountain+tennessee&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Signal+Mountain,+Hamilton,+Tennessee&gl=us&sqi=2&t=h&z=12"]signal mountain tennessee - Google Maps[/ame]

I am told that the last they were able to track her cell phone was at the Walmart at the base of Signal Mountain on Monday. Phone has not been on since then.
She did not have credit cards or her drivers license with her.

"Matt Palmgren said in a telephone interview Friday that his wife has disappeared before."

"Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family’s dogs early April 30 from the family’s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?local

Husband says she has psychiatric issues, but her best friend says that's not true.

On Friday she made an unexpected trip to the lake house in Alabama with the kids and dogs. Saturday she returns around noon and leaves the kids and dogs alone at home. Kids are 9 and 12. Then she left again.

Sounds very much like a mom/wife that really needed a break and to get away for awhile. Not the kind of break that Walmart would cure though.

"Matt Palmgren said in a telephone interview Friday that his wife has disappeared before."

"Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family’s dogs early April 30 from the family’s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?local

Husband says she has psychiatric issues, but her best friend says that's not true.

On Friday she made an unexpected trip to the lake house in Alabama with the kids and dogs. Saturday she returns around noon and leaves the kids and dogs alone at home. Kids are 9 and 12. Then she left again.

Sounds very much like a mom/wife that really needed a break and to get away for awhile. Not the kind of break that Walmart would cure though.
Maybe she did need a break. But then again:

>>
Durham, one of Gail Palmgren’s relatives and the police detective heading the investigation, strongly dismissed questions about Gail Palmgren’s mental state.
“If she has psychiatric issues, then I’m the queen of England,” Durham said. “Ask anyone: Gail is smart and has a good head on her shoulders.”
Signal Mountain police Detective James Tizzio said his investigation had uncovered no psychiatric issues with the missing woman.
Matt Palmgren reported his wife missing Monday, two days after she was last seen. Asked whether it was unusual for someone to wait 48 hours to notify police, Tizzio said it depends<<

I'd like to know if LE has spoken to the children. With this happening in the middle of the day and both of them having been with her, they could have valuable information. They could at least testify to their mother's state of mind when she left. My grandsons are 9 and 12 and I know without doubt that they would know more about their mother than their dad ever would.

I am thinking it would be important to know if they had surveillance cameras in the Walmart parking lot.
I am going to look at google earth and see if I can tell, but if we have anyone that lives in the area it would be helpful to know for sure.

The husband says she went to the lake house and he has no idea how long she was gone? Why wouldn't he know? Doesn't he live with her? Does he travel for business? What are the kids saying? At 9 and 12 years old, after a recent trip alone with mom to the cabin, I would think the kids would have some idea of any trips their mom was planning to make????

Salem

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=501+Signal+Mountain+Rd,+Chattanooga,+TN+37405&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=47.435825,134.912109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=501+Signal+Mountain+Rd,+Chattanooga,+Tennessee+37405&ll=35.094363,-85.330451&spn=0.003011,0.008234&t=h&z=18"]501 Signal Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37405 - Google Maps[/ame]

I am thinking it would be important to know if they had surveillance cameras in the Walmart parking lot.
I am going to look at google earth and see if I can tell, but if we have anyone that lives in the area it would be helpful to know for sure.

JBean, I live about 30 miles from this Walmart. All the Wm's in this area have securty cameras and Signal Mtn is a very affluent area so it's likely there are cameras.

Dark red, 4 door,Rubicon, soft top. Seems as though with a personalized plate, this car would be relatively easy to spot.

rubicon.jpg

JBean, I live about 30 miles from this Walmart. All the Wm's in this area have securty cameras and Signal Mtn is a very affluent area so it's likely there are cameras.
Good to know JKB. Are you hearing anything in your news about this? I am glad to see her friend is there passing out fliers.

Good to know JKB. Are you hearing anything in your news about this? I am glad to see her friend is there passing out fliers.

It hasn't made my local paper but I am scouring all the Chattanooga papers and tv stations for news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff