GUILTY OK - Two dead, 6 hospitalized after taking 2C-E, Seminole County, 7 May 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
One dead, seven hospitalized after ingesting unknown substance
One person has died and seven more have been hospitalized after ingesting an unknown substance early Saturday, officials said.
---
Emergency responders were called to a home in a rural area of Seminole County between Konawa and Maud about 1:30 a.m. where they found a group of young adults under the influence of an unknown drug, Hignite said.

Seven people between the ages of 19 and 25 were taken to local hospitals.
more at newsok.com link above

How frightening! There's so much junk out there, who the heck knows one thing from another. Crazy to risk that, imo. Hope these folks pull through. :(

an update, this from KOCO:

2C-E Overdoses Kill 1, Sickens 7
Investigators Arrest 1 Man On Suspicion Of Murder
KONAWA, Okla. -- Seminole County deputies said they are investigating an incident in which eight adults went to hospitals after ingesting a drug known as 2C-E and one later died.

Chief Deputy Todd Hignite said all eight people are between the ages of 18 and 25.

One woman was pronounced dead after being taken to Integris Hospital in Seminole. Her name has not yet been released.
---
Investigators said at least two of the patients were in extremely critical condition.
---

more at link above

Apparently, this is only the second U.S. death reported due to abuse of 2C-E. The first was in March, in Minnesota. Here's the Star Tribune's simplified version of the drug:

What is 2C-E?

sigh, it is such a scary world out there. I know some will take this the wrong way, but I will feel so blessed if all my younguns experiment with when they are older is pot.

Ada man arraigned Monday in Seminole County drug death (Daily Oklahoman)

---
Weddle on April 26 bought one gram of 2C-E powder for $120 from a website, District 22 Drug and Violent Crime Task Force Agent Josh Dean wrote in a probable cause affidavit. Weddle told investigators the drug is supposed to cause effects similar to the drug Ecstasy.

The drug arrived at Weddle's parents' post office box Friday, and Weddle, Jewell and Andrew Akerman, whose age was not released, went to Jewell's house in Ada to dilute it in a liter of water, Dean wrote.

Weddle took about 45 milliliters of the mixture home with him, and Jewell and Akerman took the rest to a party, according to the affidavit. Jewell and Akerman were to sell the drug for $15 for 15 milliliters, and it was then supposed to be further diluted in 20 ounces of water.

Weddle and Akerman were to split the profits from the drug sales, Dean wrote.
---
Much more at Daily Oklahoman link above, including conditions of the survivors.

There's a Facebook page which has an account of "what went wrong" by someone who was at the party if one looks around for it. Sort of ghoulish to read it though.

There's a good chance I'll get blasted for this but give those kids Darwin Awards. Taking a drug you barely know about from someone who barely knows how to prepare it is so dumb that the gene pool is better off without them. JMO

There's a good chance I'll get blasted for this but give those kids Darwin Awards. Taking a drug you barely know about from someone who barely knows how to prepare it is so dumb that the gene pool is better off without them. JMO

Sometimes I think people want to take stuff "to say" that they took it. They don't really care what it is as long as they can get high off it. Crazy if you ask me.

Second person dies after Oklahoma designer drug party
KONAWA — A second person who became sick after ingesting a designer drug during a party near Konawa has died, authorities said.
---
Andrew Steven Akerman, 22, of Konawa, was one of eight people who took the drug 2C-3 on May 7. His girlfriend, Anastasia “Stacy” Jewell, 22, also died from the drug. Six other people from the party were hospitalized. All but one has been released. ---
Akerman was a computer science student at East Central University. He interned at Finely and Cook, a Shawnee accounting firm.
more at newsok.com link above

Young people will always experiment. From going fast in a vehicle to trying some chemical. They trust their friends more than common sense. I was always taught to think of the outcome first. IMO It really helped me to make more rational decisions.

Having made some pretty stupid decisions during my rebellious teen years, I can only be extremely thankful that the crowd I was in was not so wordly as to be experimenting with anything beyond alcohol and pot.

I got into enough trouble (not with LE but with parents) just playing with those things. It is a much scarier world today. Drug use seems so much more prevalent in middle America and with young people now. That coupled with the plethora of drugs to choose from, just wow.

As senseless and tragic as the deaths of the two young people is the increased demand for 2C-E that will likely occur in the aftermath.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Two of our sons (diagnosed with developmental disabilities) mixed several bathroom cleaners and Windex once. We couldn't figure out why they seemed so dopey on a Saturday afternoon. They were only 11 and 12. Sad to say that they are our most "without a clue" sons. They ended up in the hospital and were deathly sick for about three days. To this day, I'm shocked at what they tried--caught me totally by surprise. At the time, we happened to know a "cool" young college student who was studying chemistry. He'd also worked with them in Special Ed. We had him come over and scare the pea-turkey out of them. Maybe it worked as they still talk about how sick they were and the very worst I've heard since is alcohol and pot use. Pot is so easy to obtain in Southern Oregon, and far cheaper than alcohol, that I'm willing to overlook it.

I agree, there's a "let's see what this does" attitude and the magical thinking mindset of "it won't be me who gets hurt". Scares me to death.

I fully understand about the Darwin Awards and I've laughed at many of them as I have some risk takers on my hands (both ones with DD and ones who are tremendously bright--far too bright for their own good). Believe it or not, I even handed out copies of that book a few years ago as cautionary tales. When the man recently flew over the Grand Canyon with a jet pack, I had to check on the where-abouts of two sons. But no one deserves to die from a horrid miscalculation. I'm sure they thought they'd get high--not die. I don't see it as any different than binge drinking. Stupid as all get out and popular as can be.

Their families must be hurting greatly and my heart goes out to them. There but by the grace of God.......

Survivors talk about Konawa party that killed 2 friends
KONAWA — Erik Michelsen Jr. appeared to be having a good time on the new hallucinogenic drug.

The room was filled with color bursts and rainbows. He was light on his feet. He was talking like an ancient Roman soldier, making his friends double over with laughter.

Michelsen was the first at the May 7 party to drink the clear, 2C-E concoction from a plain water bottle. The beverage was so nonthreatening it could have been mistaken for water were it not for its subtle, bitter tang.
---
the rest, plus video, at newsok.com link above

From August 2012:

http://newsok.com/article/3700541

A Pontotoc County man was sentenced Monday to 10 years in prison for giving a lethal designer drug cocktail to two college students.

Cody Weddle, 22, was sentenced in Pontotoc County on two counts of second-degree murder, conspiracy to distribute a synthetic controlled substance and distribution of a synthetic controlled substance in the deaths of Andrew Steven Akerman, 22, of Konawa, and his girlfriend, Anastasia “Stacy” Jewell, 22, of Ada.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back