Paul McCartney engaged to Nancy Shevell

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/06/paul-mccartney-engaged-to-nancy-shevell/

t1larg.mccartney.engaged.jpg

Paul McCartney engaged to Nancy Shevell

Paul McCartney is ready to tie the knot with girlfriend Nancy Shevell. The couple, who have been dating for four years, are now engaged, a rep for McCartney tells CNN....

Personally, I think he should just stay single. His last wife took him for a gazillion dollars - Lord knows what this one will do. I know it's been 4 years, considering his last, erm, relationship.

After all he met Heather Mills in 1999
Proposed in 2001
Married in 2002
Mills gave birth to Beatrice Milly McCartney on 28 October 2003
Mills and McCartney separated on 17 May 2006
in 2008 she took him for a lump sum of £16.5m, together with assets of £7.8m, which included the properties she owned at the time. The total was £24.3 million, plus payments of £35,000 per annum, for a nanny and school costs for their daughter.

DUDE = STAY SINGLE!!!!

MOO

Personally, I think he should just stay single. His last wife took him for a gazillion dollars - Lord knows what this one will do. I know it's been 4 years, considering his last, erm, relationship.

After all he met Heather Mills in 1999
Proposed in 2001
Married in 2002
Mills gave birth to Beatrice Milly McCartney on 28 October 2003
Mills and McCartney separated on 17 May 2006
in 2008 she took him for a lump sum of £16.5m, together with assets of £7.8m, which included the properties she owned at the time. The total was £24.3 million, plus payments of £35,000 per annum, for a nanny and school costs for their daughter.

DUDE = STAY SINGLE!!!!

MOO

All of HM's allegations were obvious BS. I don't think she had a leg to stand on about those.

OMG steely hahahahhaa.

Best wishes to the couple.

Nancy Shevell already has a ton of money. She's VP of her family's company, New England Motor Freight, and The Shevell Group of Companies. I'm hoping this marriage will last a lifetime for them, but if they ever did get divorced, it would probably be nothing like the Heather Mills debacle.

Congrats to them both!

but seriously,
My heart is crushed by my Paul crush crashing down.
again.
*sigh*

...oh I believe in yesterday...

oh steely did you know he played at the royal wedding?
and yes, i withheld this information from you for more than a week on purpose. :yes:

:pillowfight2:

but seriously,
My heart is crushed by my Paul crush crashing down.
again.
*sigh*

...oh I believe in yesterday...

Is your husband aware of this?

and yes, i withheld this information from you for more than a week on purpose. :yes:

I thought you hated Flipper and did it on porpoise.

bolded by me.

He did??

Nope, no pre nup this time either.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10724631
Because it worked out so well for him last time.
Some people never learn.

He must not care about his fortune (and he has kids too)! I don't care if she has a gazillion dollars too - ya think she's just gonna walk away and say see ya.

I'm sorry, but his track record doesn't bode to well. Oh bother - at least I don't have to deal with it :)

Mel

Why does he have to get married so much?

There are certainly other ways than state-mandated to certify togetherness at his time of life.

That said, I wish them well.

What an idiot. He may be fantabulous, but not protecting your ASSets truly is not a show of great intelligence or common sense. It's his money to do with as he wishes, certainly, but it's like he's constantly throwing it after some opportunistic woman.

If I were to marry a man like this and it was truly for LOOOOOVE, I would certainly want it known that I am allll about the prenup and I wouldn't marry him without one.

The Beatles' catalog is an example of not protecting your own. I'm sure he suffers greatly from that huge mistake.
I wish them both, many years of happiness together.

He's the marrying kind because of Linda-- he will never have a marriage like that again. I wish him much happiness with Nancy. :)

He's the marrying kind because of Linda-- he will never have a marriage like that again. I wish him much happiness with Nancy. :)

From what I've read Linda would fix Thanksgiving dinner - just don't see that in Nancy. However, that doesn't mean they won't have a good marriage. I think they will.

This is exactly what I was going to say. He believes in the sanctity of marriage because he had a wonderful marriage to Linda. I believe Paul is probably a very good man and is a romantic at heart. I truly hope he is happy with Nancy.

Nothing wrong with "the marrying kind" ... except in his case.

No matter what, he can't replace his marriage...or love...for Linda.

As above, I wish him a happy future with his second try after his
Beloved One passed-away.

Aw heck...what's so wrong about just being together...what do his kids think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back