Possible Victim: Jessica Taylor, 20, found Manorville July 2003 & Gilgo Beach Mar 2011

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/03/24/long-islands-other-serial-killer/3/

From article "Taylor was an upstate New York native, last seen on the streets of Manhattan, working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal, the week before her body was found, according to police reports."

ETA: Taylor's body was found 7/26/2003... so she was killed in July, which fits with the summer disappearances of the other 4 known Gilgo victims

Re:http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/...rial-killer/3/

"Taylor was an upstate New York native, last seen on the streets of Manhattan, working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal, the week before her body was found, according to police reports. She had been arrested for prostitution in Atlantic City, New York and D.C., where she had just relocated from that same month. Little else is known about Taylor; she was estranged from her family. She had been working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal between July 18-21, an area once known as the Minnesota Strip—a term coined by cops in the ’70s because that stretch of Eighth Avenue between 42nd and 50th Streets was known for prostitution, and when Minnesota passed tough anti-prostitution laws, many women left for the streets of NYC."

Commonalities of Jessica Taylor with the December Four Gilgo Beach (wrapped in Burlap):
She worked as a prostitute
Was last known to be working near the Port Authority
Parts of her were disposed of on the OP and within a mile of the Four December CL women.
She was found in an area where FOUR BODIES were disposed of. She was one of the four.
She disappeared in JULY!
She was petite.
She was a brunette.
She actually resembles ALC and MBB. Brown hair and greenish blue eyes.

From the same article: "If you live here and you knew the woods, you wouldn’t pull over and leave [a body] practically on the side of the road,” says Danny, adamant that the “Butcher of Manorville” is a butcher from somewhere else. “Unless you want it to be found.”

Her torso was dumped just to the side of the road in plain sight.

Taylor_Jessica_enlarged.jpg

AMW: Unknown Jessica Taylor Killer

At least three killers have used the Gilgo Beach area as a dumping ground for their victims, authorities disclosed Monday. Investigators said they now face the challenge of tracking down not only a serial killer in the slaying of four women found in December near Gilgo, but also the unrelated cold-case homicides of three other victims. The cases involve: Two dismembered women whose other remains were discovered in 2003 and 2000 in Manorville, 45 miles away. A head and parts of limbs found in March and April along the beach were theirs. One of the women was identified. A young Asian man discarded near Ocean Parkway years ago.
An eighth body was that of a girl, 18 to 24 months old, and wrapped in a blanket, who may not be a homicide victim and "very possibly" was hidden at the beach to conceal her death, Suffolk District Attorney Thomas Spota said at a news conference in Hauppauge.

Three separate killers????? :eek:hwow:

Why are they saying the burlap killer & the Manorville killer are different people?

At least three killers have used the Gilgo Beach area as a dumping ground for their victims, authorities disclosed Monday. Investigators said they now face the challenge of tracking down not only a serial killer in the slaying of four women found in December near Gilgo, but also the unrelated cold-case homicides of three other victims. The cases involve: Two dismembered women whose other remains were discovered in 2003 and 2000 in Manorville, 45 miles away. A head and parts of limbs found in March and April along the beach were theirs. One of the women was identified. A young Asian man discarded near Ocean Parkway years ago.
An eighth body was that of a girl, 18 to 24 months old, and wrapped in a blanket, who may not be a homicide victim and "very possibly" was hidden at the beach to conceal her death, Suffolk District Attorney Thomas Spota said at a news conference in Hauppauge.

Three separate killers????? :eek:hwow:

Why are they saying the burlap killer & the Manorville killer are different people?

I think the two males found seem like they differ more than the 2 ladies found. The ladies were found on secluded roads with long straight-aways.
At least JT was. The other lady was found about a half mile west of Halsey Manor Road. I am guessing it might be somewhere along mill road.

The men were found right off of LI expressway. No secluded road and I don't think they were dismembered at all.

Not too sure on the details of the Man and Baby found at Oakpark. I think the baby was found about 500 ft from the Jane Doe victim that was also found at Manorville.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/chilling-find-links-li-dumping-grounds-1.2865868

Taylor came from a small town in upstate New York and was estranged from her family. She had been arrested on prostitution charges in Washington, Atlantic City and New York City. In one case, from Feb. 4, 2003, Taylor solicited an undercover officer for $50 to perform a sex act in Long Island City, Queens, records show....
Taylor was sent to Rikers on Feb. 25, 2003. She was discharged on April 28, 2003. Taylor is next known to have been in Washington, where a prostitute reported her missing in mid-July. She was last seen in Manhattan near the bus terminal on July 18-21, police said.

Sounds like Taylor wasn't as highly paid as the other victims. Also she had ties to AC.

Was Melissa a street walker? I didn't get that impression, but I agree with you that it definitely sounds like Jessica was not a call girl. It doesn't sound like she had been in NYC very long. Have any details ever emerged about where she was staying? It sounds like she knew people there, since someone reported her missing. If she hadn't been there for very long and if she was indeed a street walker, then it sounds to me like there's a possibility that her murder was more of a crime of opportunity (killer saw her-made his move) as opposed to the Gilgo women, whose murderer is reported to have been known to them.

That picture of Jessica makes me so sad. She just looks so young, sad and lost. She kind of reminds me of Molly Dilts, a victim in the AC murders. It sounds like she really didn't have much of a family life, just like Molly. All of these women are tragic, but there's something especially tragic about Jessica. I can't imagine how miserable her life must have been in the year or so before her murder.

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like I thought Melissa was a streetwalker. My brain is not firing too well today.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Jessica was a heroin addict. Now I can't find that link. Anyone else recall reading that?

Was Melissa a street walker? I didn't get that impression, but I agree with you that it definitely sounds like Jessica was not a call girl. It doesn't sound like she had been in NYC very long. Have any details ever emerged about where she was staying? It sounds like she knew people there, since someone reported her missing. If she hadn't been there for very long and if she was indeed a street walker, then it sounds to me like there's a possibility that her murder was more of a crime of opportunity (killer saw her-made his move) as opposed to the Gilgo women, whose murderer is reported to have been known to them.

That picture of Jessica makes me so sad. She just looks so young, sad and lost. She kind of reminds me of Molly Dilts, a victim in the AC murders. It sounds like she really didn't have much of a family life, just like Molly. All of these women are tragic, but there's something especially tragic about Jessica. I can't imagine how miserable her life must have been in the year or so before her murder.

This goes to victimology which is a part of the whole profile drawn up to use in the investigation.

Another factor is the method used in the killing and disposal which might set a murder apart from others IMO

I don't recall reading that, but she kind of looks like a heroin addict in her mug shot. Were any of the other women heroin addicts? IIRC, I think one of the AC victims was a heroin addict (can't remember which one).

I think ALC had a history of heroin addiction

JT would fit the description "street walker", while the Gilgo Beach 4 fit the description "call girl." Two different worlds, two different killers. Regarding Taylor's looks, she reminds me more of Melissa Barthelemy than Maureen Brainard-Barnes.

but what makes you think he doesn't do a little of both? maybe he started off on the streets, and now he uses the internet.

I agree that it is entirely possible,Serial_Katcher.

Also, I was thinking and cannot quite explain why. But, I think that whomever killed Jessica and left the main part of her body in Manorville and her hands and head 40 miles away by the ocean lived near or in Manorville but felt comfortable in the area that he dumped her hands and head. This is just a hunch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back