Widower promotes John Kerry for president in wife's obituary

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
"Jane was outraged that any politician who would cut back cancer treatment options for social security recipients, who would invade a foreign country and then expect her grandchildren to pay the bills, could claim to be a "compassionate conservative." Once he became the nominee, she saw John Kerry as the candidate who would most conserve everything she valued. Jane fought to live long enough to be able to vote this November. To honor her memory, please do everything you can to elect John Kerry."

MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Send no flowers to commemorate Jane Buffett's death, her husband asks. Instead, send John Kerry to the White House.

In a paid obituary published in Madison's two daily newspapers, Roger Buffett celebrated his wife's years as a mother, homemaker, grandmother and English teacher. But, he said, she was "outraged" by President George W. Bush's decision to invade Iraq and then expecting "her grandchildren to pay the bills." Other Bush administration policies angered her as well.

"She saw John Kerry as the candidate who would most conserve everything she valued," the obituary said. "Jane fought to live long enough to be able to vote this November. To honour her memory, please do everything you can to elect John Kerry."

Jane Buffett, 64, died of cancer Sept. 25. The obituary, which called her a "fiery woman," appeared Monday.

Story from canada.com

I think that's really tacky........... :(

Well I'll be....so the dead really DO vote democratic.

Tacky :sick: tacky :rolleyes: tacky :sick:
Sound more like a commercial than an obituary.
Karen

Has the Political Pavillion reopened under a new name? :bang:

Ntegrity said:
Has the Political Pavillion reopened under a new name? :bang:
LOL.. I could not resist posting that story for you all to have something to fight about :blowkiss:

So the rumors about you being a TROUBLEMAKER are true??? Heh!! :p

Ntegrity said:
So the rumors about you being a TROUBLEMAKER are true??? Heh!! :p
Shoot Ntegrity! I just saw that thread you were hinting at.. when I posted to you - I had no idea what you were talking about :doh:

No! that is not me!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong