Arnold Schwarzenegger & Maria S. separate** Lovechild revealed**

Capri

Reaction score
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/10/us-schwarzenegger-idUSTRE7490PP20110510?feedType=RSS

LOS ANGELES | Tue May 10, 2011 1:44am EDT

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife, Maria Shriver, announced on Monday that they were separating.

The surprise statement came four months after Schwarzenegger, the Austrian-born former bodybuilder turned Hollywood action star, left office in January after serving two terms as governor.

"This has been a time of great personal and professional transition for each of us," Schwarzenegger, 63, and Shriver, 55, said in the statement, which was issued jointly. "After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion, and prayer, we came to this decision together."

I can't even start to understand how she put with him for this long...

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/article/Schwarzenegger-Shriver-separating-after-25-years-1373108.php

Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Shriver announced their separation late Monday, cleaving a sometimes-turbulent 25-year relationship after "a time of great personal and professional transition for each of us," the couple said in a joint statement.

The breakup comes about four months after Schwarzenegger ended a bumpy, two-term run as California governor, a job his wife never wanted him to pursue. Since then, Schwarzenegger, 63, has been fashioning a role as an international advocate for green energy, giving speeches and lining up work in Hollywood. Shriver, 55, has guested-edited an edition of Oprah Winfrey's magazine but also talked about the stress of changing roles after serving as California's first lady.

The joint statement, issued by a spokesman for Schwarzenegger, said the two were working on the future of their relationship while living apart and they would continue to parent their four children — Katherine, 21, Christina, 19, Patrick, 17, and Christopher, 13.

"After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion, and prayer, we came to this decision together," the statement said.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainm...ting-after-25-years-1373108.php#ixzz1LxHwWFQh

I think because of her faith (Catholic) she felt compelled to stay in the marriage perhaps.

Plus she comes from a family where the women stayed put. I am thinking about her grandmother Rose who was a deeply admired woman within the family and outside of it.

Her parents are dead now and there is a certain freedom that comes with that loss. You dont have to fear hurting them anymore. Of course that is pure speculation on my part. Chances are equally as likely that her parents would have been fine with any decision she made.

The one thing that I DO think is that as this thread develops there will be more support for her than for him:twocents:

My guess is that this decision was NOT joint. Im thinking its her that wants out. Probably going to be a woman involved somehow...or a series of them.

About time Maria!!! When did you finally realize he's a womanizer??

I saw Maria Shriver on the CNN special this weekend on Alzheimers. She's an advocate for research to cure this disease, and an advocate for its caregivers. She developed & has published a study with the Alzheimer's Association. "Alzheimer's in America: The Shriver Report on Women and Alzheimer's".

Watching, I learned that she recently (Jan 2011) lost her father after years of providing for his care and comfort, and years of experiencing the stress and toll of his disease (Alzheimers) as all family caregivers do.

It's sad to hear about this additional stress for the family.

I wish them both, and their children, the best outcome in this transition.

I have great admiration for Maria Shriver. I wish her a bright and happy future.

Definitely one of the oddest of celebrity couples. I wish that Arnold had stuck with his strengths -- action and comedy films. I am guessing that California wishes he had stayed in Hollywood as well.

I think they spent more time apart than together anyway. I'm glad to see he is sticking to movies because IMO he wasn't a very good politician.

Definitely one of the oddest of celebrity couples. I wish that Arnold had stuck with his strengths -- action and comedy films. I am guessing that California wishes he had stayed in Hollywood as well.

Speaking as a progressive who must certainly never voted for AS, he really wasn't as bad as he might have been. Although he rarely voted as I might like, at least he didn't demonize minority groups the way some of our previous GOP governors have done.

Speaking as a progressive who must certainly never voted for AS, he really wasn't as bad as he might have been. Although he rarely voted as I might like, at least he didn't demonize minority groups the way some of our previous GOP governors have done.

Well, that is good, and I would expect AS to be appropriately sympathetic to minority groups. I hope he started a positive trend.

I presume he'd never be elected in a first place if the voters knew he had a kid with a member of his domestic staff.
"Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife, Maria Shriver, separated after she learned he had fathered a child more than a decade ago — before his first run for office — with a longtime member of their household staff."
http://www.latimes.com/la-me-0517-arnold-20110517,0,4552508.story

I presume he'd never be elected in a first place if the voters knew he had a kid with a member of his domestic staff.
"Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife, Maria Shriver, separated after she learned he had fathered a child more than a decade ago — before his first run for office — with a longtime member of their household staff."
http://www.latimes.com/la-me-0517-arnold-20110517,0,4552508.story
Wow! I got up early - not by my choice and I caught this on the news. Wow - just wow. So, he has a 10 yo child and is just coming clean about it. What a dog.

I wonder if the member of the domestic staff still works for them - if she does, how in the hello did she (they) keep this all so quiet all these years? And what does the child know? Did AS recognize and support this child?

And poor Maria. How horrible to go like this for 10 years not knowing you are not only being deceived by your husband but a member of your staff as well. That's gotta hurt.

My prayers go out to the child.

Wow! I got up early - not by my choice and I caught this on the news. Wow - just wow. So, he has a 10 yo child and is just coming clean about it. What a dog.

I wonder if the member of the domestic staff still works for them - if she does, how in the hello did she (they) keep this all so quiet all these years? And what does the child know? Did AS recognize and support this child?

And poor Maria. How horrible to go like this for 10 years not knowing you are not only being deceived by your husband but a member of your staff as well. That's gotta hurt.

Apparently, the woman "retired" several years ago. She said a few days ago that the child is her ex-husband's. Apparently, when reporters told her about Arnold's statement, she just said she had no comment.

I believe he must have paid her off very well to keep her quiet.

So Arnold is just like John Edwards. Maybe they can start a support group.

That's exactly what I said, a DAWG!

Some "household employee" that worked there for years and "retired" in January! How old is this lady??

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20490341,00.html

Can you imagine the shock for Maria, after she has been there for him all this time thru all his shinnanegans? How does one tell their own children they have a brother or sister with the hired help?? Just forgot to mention it fir the last 10 years.

Wow is all I can say..

And the domestic staff herself was married and claimed her husband was the baby daddy.
Poor Maria.

That's some secret to keep from your wife for 10 years. So does that mean he'll be forever known as the Sperminator? Poor Maria, knew she was too good for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back