LA - 87-Year-Old Bedridden Grandmother Raped By Grandson

Sonya610

Former Member
Reaction score
An 87 year old bedridden amputee in New Orleans was raped by her 40 something Grandson.

The fact the guy is in his 40's makes it even more amazing to me, if he were nuts how did he stay loose for so long? Would love to see this gentleman's prison record.

Watch news video at story link:

Police Say 87-Year-Old Grandmother Raped By Grandson
Police say an 87-year-old woman was raped by her grandson, and to make matters worse officers say she's a bed ridden amputee.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...andmother-raped,0,870898.story?obref=obinsite

I'm horrified!

A left confused after reading this statement from your article.

"Officers say it's not unusual for the elderly to be raped. " It's not?:waitasec:

One of the most upsetting crimes are those against the elderly. I'm not sure why, but other than children, those bother me the most. This poor woman. :(

What has this world come to? There is just too much crazy now days. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

can there be anything more disgusting in the world?

don't answer that

filly, your linky no workie for me

LadlyL the link seems to work fine. The pic of the husky avatar makes it worth pulling up!

The elderly are raped far far more often than is reported. In fact, our disabled and elder population have a rate of being sexually abused to some degree upwards to 80%. And the numbers are not really changing, the assaults are just now better reported. I recall that when the Texas Serial Rapist was active, we all learned about how common this crime is. Very shocking. One of the issues is that many elders don't report as they are ashamed and feel that they did something to "deserve" this (much like a child thinks) or they are terrified of losing their independence and being put into a nursing home for safety (which is not always safe at all).

So so sad. We must take better care of our vulnerable citizens.

The elderly are raped far far more often than is reported. In fact, our disabled and elder population have a rate of being sexually abused to some degree upwards to 80%. And the numbers are not really changing, the assaults are just now better reported. I recall that when the Texas Serial Rapist was active, we all learned about how common this crime is. Very shocking. One of the issues is that many elders don't report as they are ashamed and feel that they did something to "deserve" this (much like a child thinks) or they are terrified of losing their independence and being put into a nursing home for safety (which is not always safe at all).

So so sad. We must take better care of our vulnerable citizens.

I find them as vulnerable as a small child. Defenseless and helpless.

I would like to know the psychological makeup of those who do rape the elderly though.

In the 80s in my state of Georgia we had a serial rapist/murderer. He was in his mid 20s and targeted women who were in their 80s. He would go to the door offering to do yard work for them and then come back late in the night and break in.....bind, gag, tortuously rape them and then strangle them.

I do believe it is going on across America in certain nursing homes and behind closed doors in homes by caregivers including family members. The cases of abuses I have read about through the years it seem to be done more to the elderly who has no family regularly coming to check on them. Those are the ones who usually falls prey to these sickening perverts.

We must do more to protect the most vulnerable in our society.

IMO

My own theory is that the rapist is probably harboring some sort of fury against an older woman who frightened him, abused him, or belittled him as a child. No doubt he hates all women but older women set him off. Obviously, many many men suffer through abuse such as this and go on to become loving and caring men. But when a sick mind or sociopathy combines with some sort of a trigger, a tragedy can occur. It's all about overpowering the weak and showing one's perceived "superiority". JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches
Back