TX TX - Dallas, WhtFem 38-50, 782UFTX, hysterectomy, appendectomy, heart condition, Jul'93

zinc

Reaction score
NamUs UP #3801
https://identifyus.org/cases/3801

The Doe Network: Case File 782UFTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/782uftx.html

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on July 11, 1993 in Dallas County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: 1 month prior
Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 38-50 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0" - 5'2"; 160 - 200 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: The deceased had a heart condition and previously had a hysterectomy and appendectomy.
Clothing: The decedent was wearing a size small Rhoda Lee brand button up shirt with patch pockets on the front, a Sandra Ingrish-Sport brand size medium knee length skirt with elastic waist, a size 40C bra and size 10 panties under panty hose and a size small Best Form brand half-slip. She was also wearing a yellow metal ACQUA quartz watch with an expandable band.
Dentals: available. She also had several crowns and a bridge on the upper left and only six remaining lower teeth.

Case History
The victim was located on July 11, 1993 in Dallas County, Texas.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Dallas County Medical Examiners Office
(214) 920-5900

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 9320263

Your thoughts on this possible, please. One of those "surely she must have been ruled out" situations based purely on stats.

Juanita Elanor Bardin
Missing since May 17, 1993 from Vidor, Orange County, Texas
The Doe Network 989DFTX / NamUs MP #8445
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bardin_juanita.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/989dftx.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8445

Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'2, 200 - 210 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Bardin regularly frosted her hair at the time of her 1993 disappearance, and she wears eyeglasses. She has a discoloration on the left side of her chin, a tattoo of a black widow spider on her chest and a tattoo of the name "Ray" on her left arm. Her middle name may be spelled "Eleanor."
Medical Conditions: Bardin may have been diagnosed with stomach and/or breast cancer in the mid-1990s.

Looks good to me, but if there is any truth to the following from her Doe Network profile...it couldn't be the unidentified, but again...only if what is said is true.

from her Doe Network Page:

"It is believed that Bardin lived for a while with a woman in Johnson City, about 40 miles west of Austin. The woman and another friend of Bardin's told investigators that on July 4, 1993, Bardin dropped out of the carnival. On July 19, Bardin, who doesn't know how to drive, asked the two women to take her to a bus station outside Dallas. There she rented a locker and stored her belongings. The women claimed they hadn't seen her since."

I think the dates just don't match.

also, Bardin had a tattoo. the UID's body was in good enough condition that they were able to determine she had missing organs so I think if she had tattoos, at least some remnants would be evident and no tattoos are listed for the UID.

The dates are off. Even if the accounts given for the July dates are inaccurate the Charley project link indicates investigators were able to verifiy Bardin was staying at the St. James hotel in early 94.

UID has very little information on NamUs, but DNA is complete. DoeNetwork states "She also had several crowns and a bridge on the upper left and only six remaining lower teeth"

Here is a collage of UID with Bardin. Note her DNA is complete also.

BARDINCOLLAGE.jpg

I am really confused by the clothing sizes listed? A Small shirt @200#? But size 10 panties?? But, a small slip? None of that makes sense together. I'm a chunky girl and I wear size 7 panties. No way could I wear a small shirt or a small slip.

I am really confused by the clothing sizes listed? A Small shirt @200#? But size 10 panties?? But, a small slip? None of that makes sense together. I'm a chunky girl and I wear size 7 panties. No way could I wear a small shirt or a small slip.

I was thinking the same thing... then there is the size 40C bra which doesn't appear to coincide with a size small shirt.

eta: gayeld, great minds think alike :highfive:

In the early 90's wasn't everything oversized??? That may explain why she may fit into the small top, but the slip is another story.

I wouldn't rely on the clothing sizes. They're virtually useless because of vanity sizing; there's no set chart or standards the clothing industry follows; the materials, the cut and type of shirt (or whatever article you're looking at) affect the size; your body type plays a role; and most women are wearing the wrong size bra anyway.

Just to show how useless it is: My mom is a C-cup and I'm somewhere between a DD and E and weigh more than her. And yet, we both fit in pretty much the same size (medium, in most cases). There are some shirts where I'd have to go up to a large to accommodate the *advertiser censored*, but it's not too common. I think it's because our fat distribution is different: hers is more in her hips and waist, while mine is in my chest and stomach but not my waist.

Also, going by the description of the UP's teeth, it doesn't sound like she was in a good place financially. She could have gotten the clothing second-hand from somewhere, and she probably wouldn't have cared if the clothing was one size too large or small so long as she could still wear it. That would also help explain why the sizes seemed to vary so much.

Good point. I'm pretty sure Rhoda Lee is/was a line for "mature" women, with sizes starting at what would be 14/16 in an "average" clothing line. So their small is probably quite generous.

Thinking outside the box. . . .what if this is a guy dressed as a woman? Per NamUs the victim is missing: Appendix and Ovaries and Uterus. I'm not sure if there would be any scarring from surgery to remove male genitals. Or possibly someone who is born with both or a mix of both or neither.

Just a thought. . . .

I'm not sure about scars but NamUs has DNA available for the victim, that would show what sex chromosomes the victim has, correct? I don't think that hormone therapy would have any effect on those, but I'm obviously no expert.

I'm not sure about scars but NamUs has DNA available for the victim, that would show what sex chromosomes the victim has, correct? I don't think that hormone therapy would have any effect on those, but I'm obviously no expert.

It certainly could not change the chromosomes.
Note the stats given: Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0-5'2"; 160-200 lbs.
This is extremely small for a man but not uncommon for a woman. The small clothing sizes mainly refer to the height rather than width, as she must have been somewhat obese.

The reconstruction given doesn't seem very good, but there is a higher resolution version from the Texas dps:
attachment.php

Attachments

• U9307003.jpg
    U9307003.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 98
Just putting this one out here - height a bit off, but weight could've been gained in 13 years?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2426dftx.html

Rose Ann Baker
Missing since June 1, 1980 from Whitesboro, Grayson County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: March 22, 1940
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 40 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 140-150 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown, graying hair; brown eyes.
    [*]Marks, Scars: Mole on bridge of nose. Hysterectomy scar. Previously broken wrist.
    [*]Clothing: Usually wore dress pants, rarely jeans; conservative blouses, no prints and no T-shirts; conservative shoes, no athletic shoes.
    [*]AKA: Rosie, Rose Wheeler.
    [*]Dentals: Not available. Upper dentures.
    [*]Fingerprints: Not available.
    [*]DNA: mtDNA in CODIS

That photo looks like it was accidentally distorted when it was uploaded.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni