Moon Unit voted wierdest celeb baby name

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Moon Unit Zappa has been voted the most bizarrely named celebrity offspring off all time.

Moon Unit, the daughter of US rock star Frank Zappa, beat Fifi-Trixibelle, the daughter of Bob Geldof and the late Paula Yates, into second place.

Paula has three children in the top 20. Peaches, her eldest daughter with Geldof, was seventh while Tiger Lily Heavenly Hirani, her daughter with Michael Hutchence, was 12th.

Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Applen was fourth, just behind Woody Allen and Mia Farrow's son Satchel.

Next came Daisy Boo,, daughter of celebrity chef Jamie Oliver and wife Jules, ahead of Rumer, son of Bruce Willis and ex-wife Demi Moore.

The survey was carried out by Family Active, the new interactive pregnancy and baby care service on Sky digital.

The poll of 1,000 Brits aged between 18 and 65 featured only one Royal - Prince Andrew and Fergie's younger daughter Princess Eugenie.

Both Beckham children, Brooklyn and Romeo, made the list, at 14 and 20, and Moon Unit's brother Dweezil was 13th.

Top 20 in full:

1) Moon Unit; Frank/Gail Zappa

2) Fifi Trixibelle; Paula Yates/Bob Geldof

3) Satchel; Mia Farrow/Woody Allen

4) Apple; Gwyneth Paltrow/Chris Martin

5) Daisy Boo; Julia/Jamie Oliver

6) Rumer; Demi Moore/Bruce Willis

7) Peaches; Paula Yates/Bob Geldof

8) River; Arlyn/John Phoenix

9) Rocco; Madonna/Guy Ritchie

10) Nell Marmalade; Helen Baxendale/David Eliot

11) Maddox; Angelina Jolie/(Adopted)

12) Tiger Lily Heavenly Hirani; Paula Yates/Michael Hutchence

13) Dweezil; Frank/Gail Zappa

14) Brooklyn: Victoria/David Beckham

15) Eugenie; Sarah Ferguson/Prince Andrew

16) Zowie; Angie/David Bowie

17) Rolan; Gloria Jones/Marc Bolan

18) Phoenix Chi; Mel C/Jimmy Gulzar

19) Coco; Courtney Cox/David Arquette

20) Romeo; Victoria/David Beckham

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1127053.html?menu=

I can't understand celebrities and their baby names. It just shows how out of touch they are with the real world. Come on people, these are your children, not your pets!

Ike said:
I can't understand celebrities and their baby names. It just shows how out of touch they are with the real world. Come on people, these are your children, not your pets!

exactly

Maybe so, but after you've had four Ryan's in your child's class, you start thinking about a unique name.

Ya kinda gotta know Zappa, to really appreciate the amazing talented musician he was. Zappa, interestingly enough, did NOT like rock. :D

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow!"

Montana
"Movin' to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon..."

Uncle Remus
"We'd go down to, Beverly Hills, just before dawn, and knock the little jockey's off the rich people's lawn....and... before they get up, "I'll" be gone...."

Cosmik Debris
"Look here brother, who you jiven' with that cosmik debris...."

Muffin Man
"Girl you thought it was a man, but it was a muffin!...."

Btw, if you've never heard the unbelieveable mixing on "Peaches En Regalia," you have no idea what you are missing.

Here's a link, (scroll down the page a ways....) where you can hear the main musical "piece" of Peaches En Regalia.....

http://courses.wcupa.edu/frichmon/mue332/spring2002/eriknelson/

jmho, of course.

Sprocket said:
Ya kinda gotta know Zappa, to really appreciate the amazing talented musician he was. Zappa, interestingly enough, did NOT like rock. :D

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow!"

Montana
"Movin' to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon..."

Uncle Remus
"We'd go down to, Beverly Hills, just before dawn, and knock the little jockey's off the rich people's lawn....and... before they get up, "I'll" be gone...."

Cosmik Debris
"Look here brother, who you jiven' with that cosmik debris...."

Muffin Man
"Girl you thought it was a man, but it was a muffin!...."

Btw, if you've never heard the unbelieveable mixing on "Peaches En Regalia," you have no idea what you are missing.

Here's a link, (scroll down the page a ways....) where you can hear the main musical "piece" of Peaches En Regalia.....

http://courses.wcupa.edu/frichmon/mue332/spring2002/eriknelson/

jmho, of course.

hi sprocket! great musician, saw him live 4 times! 'just because the sun wants a place in the sky, no reason to assume i wouldn't give it a try.' ....i'll give it a 98 dick, has a great beat and i can dance to it! :dance:

i don't know about moon unit though... thanks for the link!

Ghostwheel said:
Maybe so, but after you've had four Ryan's in your child's class, you start thinking about a unique name.

It's not only the rich and famous...I have worked in schools for 25 years-- These are actual first names I have run across. Yuban and Folgers (cousins) , Vagina and Queen Mary (sisters) , Asthma, Alegra, Jhsauo (That was pronounced Joshua) Latrine, Marijauna, Lesby (things were OK until she hit 5th-6th grade then she wanted a new name) Horsey, Vodka, Derriere ...Oh I wish I could remember them all. Someday I will have to write them down for posterity. Often the name comes from families who are unfamilair with the English language and just hear a nice "sounding" word and choose to use it. Me? I'm just "DuckFeet".

Zowie Bowie is truly MEAN! How Horrible...

Thats like my friend who named his children Dwight and Snow....Oh BTW, His last name is WHITE! ugh

DuckFeet said:
It's not only the rich and famous...I have worked in schools for 25 years-- These are actual first names I have run across. Yuban and Folgers (cousins) , Vagina and Queen Mary (sisters) , Asthma, Alegra, Jhsauo (That was pronounced Joshua) Latrine, Marijauna, Lesby (things were OK until she hit 5th-6th grade then she wanted a new name) Horsey, Vodka, Derriere ...Oh I wish I could remember them all. Someday I will have to write them down for posterity. Often the name comes from families who are unfamilair with the English language and just hear a nice "sounding" word and choose to use it. Me? I'm just "DuckFeet".
Lesby ~ good lord, poor girl and Latrine and Marijuana??? that is crazy.... Vagina?? :eek: what part of the world are you in duckfeet? I mean, city or rural.. ? some of those names are just way over the top.

All I can say is that they MUST hate their children.

Growing up I always wanted to have 2 daughters - and name them Autumn and Ocean. Then I married a guy with the last name Lake and the thought of Ocean Lake seemed WAY out there. Didn't have a girl - had a boy so end of problem.

I was thinking about going with the "R" names. Do NOT even ask me why. LOL

My first is "Ron" (full name Ronald);
Second is "Ryan"
Then third was going to be Randy (until third ended up being a girl)! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I wanted to name her "Randi," which I think is perfectly adorable for a little girl. Hubby vetoed me though.

Jeana (DP) said:
I was thinking about going with the "R" names. Do NOT even ask me why. LOL

My first is "Ron" (full name Ronald);
Second is "Ryan"
Then third was going to be Randy (until third ended up being a girl)! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I wanted to name her "Randi," which I think is perfectly adorable for a little girl. Hubby vetoed me though.

I think Randi would have been great! What did you end up naming her?

One of my sisters' cousins (by marriage) has five girls, all names start with A and end in ah. Alissah and Ariah are the first two, then I get lost until the last born, Aricah. I don't know how she keeps thinking of names.

Ike said:
I think Randi would have been great! What did you end up naming her?

One of my sisters' cousins (by marriage) has five girls, all names start with A and end in ah. Alissah and Ariah are the first two, then I get lost until the last born, Aricah. I don't know how she keeps thinking of names.

We ended up naming her Courtney. I love those names you mentioned!! It does get confusing though. Ever heard of George Forman? He's a retired heavy weight boxer. I think he has 8 sons and they're all named "GEORGE." I'd love to see what its like at their house. The must all have either nicknames or they call them by number! I can just hear it now:

"George No. 6, I'm not telling you again!!! Clean up your room." ;)

I always wanted a daughter born at Christmas named Noel... had no trouble at all -told hubby that March was our one chance to get pregnant for a Christmas baby - it happened immediately. Never even entertained the thought that my baby would be a boy - had NO boy names... and I hushed anyone who tried to warn me not to get my hopes up.

I just knew she was a girl... her due date was December 25th but she came early on December 14th. I went into labor in the middle of the night (water broke in bed) on the way to the hospital at 3am - it was a cold clear night, all the neighbourhoods were full of christmas lights and I kept seeing those (kinda tacky) plastic yellow candles on porches that say Noel on them ~ I took that as a sign everything was going to be okay :)

Rumer is the daughter of Bruce and Demi, not the son, lol! Poor kid can't get a break.

I'd add Billy Ray Cyrus' son's name to the list, Brazen Chance Cyrus.

Casshew said:
Lesby ~ good lord, poor girl and Latrine and Marijuana??? that is crazy.... Vagina?? :eek: what part of the world are you in duckfeet? I mean, city or rural.. ? some of those names are just way over the top.

I have taught in very rural areas of CA where most of the students were born here, only because mom crossed the border in time. The parents hear these words spoken and think they sound nice, rather melodical, and choose then as names generally without having the foggiest idea what the words mean...until the poor kid gets into school and gets taunted. This collection of weird names has evolved over 25 years of working with these immigrant kids. Most of them quickly get a nickname once they are in school, but these doozies remain on their official and permanent records. And my mother-in-law cringed when I laughingly told her I was going to name
a daughter Polly Esther...

One more, I just remembered--- Chastity is a fairly common name, but her little sister was Puberty !!

Went to school with an Autumn Angel Darling - can't remember her last name but her mother INSISTED that she be called the full three names not just Autumn.

i just had a serious serious laughing attack reading this thread! i want to know where duckfeet lives too ! how can you look at a baby and decide to name them vagina or puberty!

DuckFeet said:
Along those same lines,my favorites are Vagina Lee and RuBella. I did know a lady names Odelia Thunderpussy.:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back