Sweden - Doctor with child *advertiser censored* collection free due to 6 yr. long investigation

Missizzy

Reaction score
There's much that worries me about this case. First and foremost, a doctor possessed a massive amount of child *advertiser censored* and is "gratified" to learn that he's not facing charges. But to be under investigation for 6 YEARS?? This is something that concerns me about many of the federal child *advertiser censored* cases here in the US. I'm seeing a "turn-around" from arrest to conviction of 1-3 years. And many of the men and women are jailed during that time. While it seems obvious that there must be overwhelming evidence against them, that seems like an unacceptable amount of time to me. Look at the Mohlers of Missouri. They were arrested in November 2009 and aren't facing trials until 2012. Can't this issue come up at appeal? I wonder if the technical investigative techniques are being speeded up?

Child *advertiser censored* investigation is a growing industry, that's for sure.

http://www.thelocal.se/33710/20110511/

Swedish doc free from child *advertiser censored* charges due to slow probe

"A Swedish doctor who was found to possess 300 films and 250,000 images containing child *advertiser censored* is set to go free after the drawn out investigation into his crimes exceeded the statute of limitations making his offence null and void...."

and

"...."It is such gratifying news," the doctor told newspaper Metro after hearing that the case would be dropped. Police had been investigating the doctor since 2005, upon the discovery of the vast amount of child *advertiser censored* material on his computer. The doctor's extensive child *advertiser censored* holdings were uncovered in a massive raid carried out in 2004 dubbed "Operation Sleipner" which targeted 120 people suspected of possessing or distributing child *advertiser censored*...."

and

"....the doctor was suspected of aggravated child *advertiser censored* crimes. But because there was so much evidence to go through, it wasn’t until this year that police were able to determine that the doctor had not shared the material further or showed any indication of planning to do so. Without the intent to spread the images of child *advertiser censored* further, the doctor could only be charged with a minor child *advertiser censored* offences, which in turn carry a statute of limitations of five years instead of ten...."

more at link

It didn't say what country he worked in, I'll assume Sweden.
Seriously, if you want to be a peadophile, murderer or rapist, that's the country to go.
Sentences are ridiculously low, even shameful, that is, if it even goes to court. Girls who have been raped or suffered from incest are adviced not to prosecute, and small-time drug dealers serve more time than child molesters and killers.
This is the country that couldn't even be bothered to find the murderer of its own Prime Minister, even with a first-hand witness.:mad:

And why does it even matter if his intent was to distribute or not, he's a peadophile, and a doctor. Patients deserve a name, and he deserves jail :mad:

Sounds to me like some people were paid off to make the investigation "take a while"
MOO

I think you're right, Peeples. I have a strong suspicion that feet were drug while doing this investigation. As if the investigators didn't know exactly what the SOLs are. And even if they thought it was 10 years, they'd actually investigate a person for that long? That seems insane. What about the victims? What about a doctor's practice? I wonder if he continued to see patients during the investigation? Aren't any Swedish child protection agencies up in arms about this?

I have no idea where the man practiced as we don't have a name. That drives me crazy. How are citizens going to know if their own doctor is under investigation? How are they going to know that their child might have been in danger? I've never quite understood the privacy issue for the perp in some countries. I've worked on threads concerning Denmark, Germany and South Africa where the issue is the same. It's fabulous for those who are found innocent but I wonder what the statistics are for that when there's 250,000 images on one's computer?

I'll bet he's gratified. He can get busy again, collecting.

A recent article and a number of comments about what Sweden is doing to combat child sex trafficking and *advertiser censored*. Sounds as if they're going to have to report their efforts to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child for the first time this year.

http://www.thelocal.se/33184/20110413/

Child rights group slams Sweden on sex crimes

While checking out children's safety in Sweden, I found this disconcerting article:

http://www.thelocal.se/33044/20110406/

Swedish sex offenders to get internet access

That went over just swimmingly at the civil commitment facility in Washington State. The guys were supposed to be looking for job training. Uh-huh.

FWIW, there's links to lots of articles about sex offenses and child safety at this news source.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back