WV WV - Earnest Francis, 32, New Martinsville, 4 May 2011

Sharedspirit

Reaction score
Earnest Francis Missing since 5/4/2011

Earnest's Facebook Page

His mother is using every local internet resource that I can find to get the word out about him being missing. She just posted the details of the car and what the police found on his facebook page.

This is a local missing person for me.

Can we discuss what the mother is posting on his facebook page about what was inside the car that was found? I can't get a handle on what can be posted and what can't and I dont' want to mess up. I will add more news coverage in a minute.

The FB missing page says he is seperated
, but his mom is now using his page to get news out about him.

Mother says the items found in the car were hidden under the seat. I do that when I'm going somewhere and don't want to carry the stuff. Hide it under the seat and just take my car keys with me.

Still reading the facebook page. His mother states that the dogs hit on his scent in the cemetary beside long john silvers and again behind tractor supply. That means he probably walked from where the car was found, east, cut through the cemetary, across the road and around back behind the tractor supply. there is a lot of stores in that area.

They found his car at Hydro, picked up his scent at the cemetary beside long john silvers and again behind tractor supply. I think they should search the woods behind tractor supply. It looks very rugged back there. Google maps has the tractor supply at the wrong location. It's the big building in the center of the plaza north of where long john silvers is. I'm trying to google map this but I can't get it to work on my computer.

If he was walking the whole way, wouldn't the dogs pick up his scent in more than just those two places?

Is it customary in a missing persons case to return items found back to the family before the missing person is found?

Did anyone see the picture of Earnest with his 4 little children on Easter morning? Heartbreaking. It's on his facebook page. I will be putting out more posters this morning.

The family is concerned that LE isn't doing enough, but I don't see what else they can do at this point. There are no leads as to where he could be.

Search Continues For Missing Sistersville Man

New Martinsville Police Sgt. Dave Byers, who also is with Tyler County Search and Rescue, said the photo of Francis is from his Facebook page and he may be heavier now.

Francis was reportedly wearing a black top, green flannel shirt, black jeans, sandals and glasses.

According to the newspaper article, his wallet and cell phone was found inside his car.

http://wetzelchronicle.com/page/con...es-For-Missing-Sistersville-Man.html?nav=5001

Crews Searching For Missing Father Of 4

Francis, of Sistersville, is 5' 10" tall and 190 pounds. He has blue eyes with sandy red hair.

After a ground search turned up nothing, rescue teams headed for the Ohio River and boats from Wheeling and McMechen each took out a K9 unit in hopes of finding some trace of Francis.

Police said they have no indication that Francis is in the river, but they aren't sure what happened to him so they said they want to comb the area and rule it out.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/27839843/detail.html

Crews Searching For Missing Father Of 4

Francis, of Sistersville, is 5' 10" tall and 190 pounds. He has blue eyes with sandy red hair.

After a ground search turned up nothing, rescue teams headed for the Ohio River and boats from Wheeling and McMechen each took out a K9 unit in hopes of finding some trace of Francis.

Police said they have no indication that Francis is in the river, but they aren't sure what happened to him so they said they want to comb the area and rule it out.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/27839843/detail.html

What struck me was that not only was his wallet and cell phone in the car, but also his house keys and his belt.

Belt? Why would his belt be off?
Did he make it to work that day?
It doesn't sound like it.

Anyone done a map of that area yet? I am not that good with maps.

Is the Hydro Park area a place that swimming would be unusual or would it be permitted?

It worries me that a belt, phone, keys and wallet stuffed under a seat sound a lot like someone who was going for a swim and didn't want those items to get wet.

I know the dogs followed a trail--but what if he had walked up toward food (?) and then back along the same way and then into the water?

I don't know what the weather was or if there is even real water access there, but I just can't shake the idea that those are exactly the items (especially if a leather belt) I would take off if going in the water in clothing--for whatever reason.

Timeline so far:
He lives in Sistersville

Wed., Time of last phone call: 5:36pm Wed. 5/4/11
Earnest was in New Martinsville to help out a friend with his car, per news reports.
Wed., Time car found : 2:00pm Fri. 5/6/11, per FB page.
**9:00 or 9:30pm Tues., 5/10/11 (time varies), per news reports*
in a field near New Martinsville's Howard Jeffers (Hydro) Dr

Per FB page, his mom wrote that,
he left her house Wed. 3pm, to take 3 children to an appt. He had borrowed his brother's car. After that, he told his wife he was going to get gas and go to work.
Gas being bought caught on security tape.
He called his brother 5:36pm to ask if he could keep the car to go to work.
It has been said that he was seen at 9pm leaving the Hydro Dam leaving in another car.
He never made it to work.
Fri., May 6, his mom called his boss and they had not seen him.
His brother went looking for him and found the car around 2pm.
The personal things were found under the car seat, including his necklace piece with the string missing. His car key missing. No blood found in car or on ground.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001614829375&sk=wall

If anyone tries to do a google map of the locations, google has the tractor supply in the wrong location. Tractor supply is across the road and north in the plaza from where google says it is. I tried to do it but my internet is to slow to do google maps.

I wish LE had checked his computer & house. So far only the mother has checked those. I can't tell if LE checked the cell phone or if the mother only checked it.

Is the Hydro Park area a place that swimming would be unusual or would it be permitted?

It worries me that a belt, phone, keys and wallet stuffed under a seat sound a lot like someone who was going for a swim and didn't want those items to get wet.

I know the dogs followed a trail--but what if he had walked up toward food (?) and then back along the same way and then into the water?

I don't know what the weather was or if there is even real water access there, but I just can't shake the idea that those are exactly the items (especially if a leather belt) I would take off if going in the water in clothing--for whatever reason.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone swimming in the Ohio. The water is polluted and nasty smelling. It was not a warm day. mid 50's according to the weather history for the day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back