2011.05.16 -War Room map

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Many thanks to Chili Fries for this map! It deserves it's own thread! What can we glean from this map?

What I found interesting about this report is a map they showed:

5730112275_15bca7ed23_z.jpg

That's the area at the very west end of NW Rentenaar Rd, on Sauvie Island. We've known they have searched this area but what interests me are the concentric circles...might that refer to a phone ping? I really don't know. The text reads "ring 3 sec 2318-2325 2357-2363". At this point we pretty much know there were pings on Sauvie, I can't remember if that has been officially confirmed or not, if not then this may confirm it. I also still believe that Terri could not have made it that far up SI in the time frame we've been given, so LE likely has to take into account the idea of an accomplice if LE thinks Kyron could have been put in that area the day he went missing (at least if this possible phone ping is believed to be somehow related to Terri).

Do those numbers mean time? As in military time, as in 11:18 pm? and 11:57 pm?

Kimster I can't say for sure that's a ping map. If it is a ping map I believe "sec" is the abbreviation for sector. Each cell is divided up into sectors, usually 3 per tower but it can be 6. The sectors are given numbers. So on the map, 2357-2363 might cover 3 sectors which are individually numbered 2357, 2360 and 2363.

Unfortunately I really don't understand all of this well enough to know how a ping map would be generated and how the sector info would be used to find the possible location so I can't say this is definitley a ping map. Maybe someone else will have some insight.

Locals, wasn't the map from the "war room" and identified as a ping map on the news last night? I don't get Portland channels where I live, but that's what I thought is was about. Let me verify with our locals.

Locals, wasn't the map from the "war room" and identified as a ping map on the news last night? I don't get Portland channels where I live, but that's what I thought is was about. Let me verify with our locals.

I personally did not hear them say it was a ping map. They referred to the maps more in the general sense when they were discussing where they searched.

Do those numbers mean time? As in military time, as in 11:18 pm? and 11:57 pm?

If it were military time, it would mean near midnight. 11:18 in the a.m. is simply 11:18.

I personally did not hear them say it was a ping map. They referred to the maps more in the general sense when they were discussing where they searched.

I'd better change the title of this thread until we find out for sure, or get a time out. One of the two. :D

At first I thought the numbers were longitude and latitude but I tried sticking them in google and well...there not.

Exactly, the photo shows 2300 hour. Which, would be PM yes?

It's definitely not time, there is no 23:63.

I do think cell tower sectors is the most likely thing I've seen and the circles look like other ping location maps I've seen but again I can't be sure. Sector data is not something you can look up on the internet like tower locations, you'd have to be in the technical end of the cell phone business to know where to find it.

Here is the end/gated part of Rentenaar Rd. I am standing up on the berm/levee shooting the camera behind the gate looking down Rentenaar Rd which then goes straight down to Reeder Rd.
You can see vehicles parked in the parking lot, this is a popular place to come look at wildlife.

There is a road that goes beyond the gate but on the map in the first post of this thread, that circle is centered at the gate area parking lot (public).

Searchers were seen by me off this road (there are some dirt roads that go off Rentenaar Rd where they were seen) and search tape was seen w/grids marked right near the gate at the end of Rentenaar off into a field.

If you are in picture above (click to make bigger) grid search tape was seen to left and on the "open" side of the road just before the parking lot and searchers were seen by me down to the right and down the road closer to Reeder Rd.

I don't think this area is of interest anymore, my guess from being out there is IF it was a cell ping it was from the parking lot - public - OR this was just a location they picked due to the parking lot at the end of the road and it fans out so many feet in each direction..

I have one photobucket album link below just of Rentenaar Rd and some other pictures of searchers in one of my other albums I'll have to dig them up if anybody wants.

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/10 03 2010 search kyron off renteaar rd/

I just thought the numbers referred to the assigned grid sectors for the search teams.
Hearing them on the radio they would say they were finished with their section, sector.

But I know nothing of SAR information.

Kimster that screenshot came from KATU's website video.. =)
I don't believe they ever said what kind of map it was..

During all the searches, searchers will call out UTM's when they find something or telling SAR base where they are, etc.
For example here is a set of UTM's that were called out on Sauvie's Island in June (I can't tell you the date I have so many and I didn't write the date on this so I think it was just them calling out a location)

Easting 0515133
Northing 5059757

If you convert to lat/long it is past the intersection of Reeder/Rentenaar Rd - Actually it's past the Gilbert Boat Ramp and on the little road that goes to the handicapped fishing area. I also saw and have pics of search tape in this area I took in November when they were searching in the water right by the dock.

I don't see any relations to the UTM's and the map, but???
Thought that may be useful if someone does see a connection.

Below is a link to convert UTM's to lat/long, you have to have the right Zone (10) and type of map, I believe it should come through on the link..

This link has been my best friend =)

http://www.rcn.montana.edu/resource...&mdt=NAD83/WGS84&z=10&e=0515133&n=5059757&h=N

Because it said "Ring 3", I thought it was a ping map.

Kimster fail.

I wouldn't discount that yet.. I wish I could see more maps with those rings to see if they are just in locations (dead end roads, parking lots, etc) or what..

Could be a ping..??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back