Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
This is for our newbies only!

First of all,
:welcome5:

No question here is a stupid one, so ask whatever you don't know about! One of our seasoned members will come in and answer it for you!

This thread was inspired by this post:

Hi Everyone,

Really enjoying the discussion; you all are so well-informed.

I didn't follow this case as I normally would have, due to a variety of things going on in life. Trying to catch up now -- and I notice there is a huge uptick in the "number viewing" of these threads.

So, I was wondering, would it be OK to start an ongoing "Newbie thread" where people like me could ask elementary questions (such as "Where would I find a link to video of the jailhouse visits with the parents?" or "Who is Mallory?") that would just be cluttering up the sidebar thread or other threads used by veteran posters? I have to believe a lot of people will be needing the same remedial info as time goes on.

How would one get permission to start such a thread?

Thanks so much! :seeya:

Because this is a Question and Answer format, please do not start up discussions so it's easier for our new members to find their answers.

We also have a Q & A thread for our seasoned members, so let's use this one for new members only.

The seasoned Q & A is here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122969"]LIST Questions and Answers #9 LIST ONLY - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi and thanks for this thread.

I'm getting the drift that Caylee's father has never been identified -- is this really the case? Does anyone think Casey knows who it is? Thanks!

I'm getting the drift that Caylee's father has never been identified -- is this really the case? Does anyone think Casey knows who it is? Thanks!

No Caylee's father is unknown. I think ICA knows who it is but she's not talking (or at least I think she can whittle it down to a couple of potentials) probably a one night stand at Universal is my guess.

There's been much speculation about the father due to ICA's many and varied lies about him to her friends and family over the years.

DNA evidence has ruled out LA and by scientific process of elimination GA as potential fathers however.

There have been reports that the prosecution 'knows' who the birth father is, but I am not sure if it will come out in the trial.

Thanks for the input! If you guys want to continue the discussion, please find the thread about Caylee's paternity. It's in here somewhere! :grouphug:

A couple of tips for newcomers.

You can use the search function at top right corner to look for discovery, old interviews, 911 calls, etc. There are also many LE interviews uploaded to youtube at various channels.

Try google, type in area of interest+websleuths and that will quite often get you a thread of interest.

A couple of tips for newcomers.

You can use the search function at top right corner to look for discovery, old interviews, 911 calls, etc. There are also many LE interviews uploaded to youtube at various channels.

Try google, type in area of interest+websleuths and that will quite often get you a thread of interest.

Or google "site:websleuths.com" and then your search words.

Thank you so much for this thread!! This is a tremendous help to those of us who are "lurkers" that don't post a whole lot and also for those of us who have to much going on at the moment to keep up. That said, Here is my question.

I hope I word this correctly. If ICA is found guilty of the murder chargers, is it even possible for her to get a lighter sentence like Life In Prison WITH the possibility of Parole? or is it set now that it will be either LWOP or Death Penalty? I hope that made some sense, LOL. Thank you again for this thread and for all of you answers!! You guys ROCK!!

Thank you so much for this thread!! This is a tremendous help to those of us who are "lurkers" that don't post a whole lot and also for those of us who have to much going on at the moment to keep up. That said, Here is my question.

I hope I word this correctly. If ICA is found guilty of the murder chargers, is it even possible for her to get a lighter sentence like Life In Prison WITH the possibility of Parole? or is it set now that it will be either LWOP or Death Penalty? I hope that made some sense, LOL. Thank you again for this thread and for all of you answers!! You guys ROCK!!

I'm not positive but I thought that when they were questioning the first juror FOREVER they mentioned Life WITH parole as a possible option...but I'm not 100% on that...

Hi laurieann and welcome to Websleuths. :seeya:

According to some of our wonderful members who are attorneys there is no such thing as Life WITH parole in the state of Florida. If she receives a life sentence there will be no parole.

If I am not mistaken, the great State of Florida does not have an option of "Life WITH Parole" for murder One....

Thank you so much to all of you for your help!! I sort of figured that it wasn't possible for her to get a parole chance, but I wasn't positive. I'm trying to keep up with this case but it's a bit hard lately. Thanks again!!

cher I was just about to post that too but you beat me :biglaugh:

it really is the best place to start, right at the very beginning.

I am thankful for this thread, as I am somewhat new to the board and emerging from lurkdom.

I apologize if this has been discussed in a prior thread.

How does ICA have a defense "team" at all? Are the taxpayers paying for her defense? If so, HOW did she get a team of expert attorneys (with the exception of JB, lol) to defend her? Did they offer their services for publicity or to be latched onto this case?

I remember always hearing (with the OJ trial) "The best defense that money could buy", so I am just wondering how an unemployed criminal is able to take advantage of such incredible resources.

Thanks!

I am thankful for this thread, as I am somewhat new to the board and emerging from lurkdom.

I apologize if this has been discussed in a prior thread.

How does ICA have a defense "team" at all? Are the taxpayers paying for her defense? If so, HOW did she get a team of expert attorneys (with the exception of JB, lol) to defend her? Did they offer their services for publicity or to be latched onto this case?

I remember always hearing (with the OJ trial) "The best defense that money could buy", so I am just wondering how an unemployed criminal is able to take advantage of such incredible resources.

Thanks!

hello! actually she retained baez herself almost immediately, we always did wonder how she found him. she "paid" him in photos and videos of caylee which he sold to ABC. I believe AF and CM (as well as all the others who have come and gone) are working pro bono, that is they donate their defense. Sims, I am not sure - ICA has indeed filed for & rec'd indigency status. the state of FL pays for a great deal.

you've called it, in your last paragraph there, I expect most of them wanted a publicity boost/way to write books later/etc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back