Trial Concerns and Worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetaime

Reaction score
I haven't seen a topic related to this- if so, I'm sure there will be a merge.
But I'm just wondering what [if anything] has made you uneasy regarding this trial- thus far. 2 things for me: The 'mystery hair found on the duct tape'= Juror # 1319. Your thoughts?

I do see that few/many/some ???? have the Heebie-Jeebies.
Not I. I think the trial will have a few bumps, but nothing major and we will get a QUILTY as charged, on all counts.

IMO

After watching this process, I am a little concerned that the jurors might grow to like Baez and his smarminess and his jokes. He seemed to really put lots of energy into connecting with them as friends, and the state was all business. I know that in the end it should not matter. I just hope it doesn't sway them in any way.

This is a good topic! Thank You!

I'm still going through the anticipated wait of the actual trial coming up. I get the heebie jeebies over all of it, from what could happen with any of the A's getting nasty or doing the 'I Did It' causing the trial to go into a somewhat tailspin, saying something that would show/prove conspiracy and others being possibly invovled to ICA being aquitted which would not happen. Whatever happens, I think it would be wise to tape the entire thing because there will a lot of shocking moments, that's for sure.:seeya::eek:fftobed:

After watching this process, I am a little concerned that the jurors might grow to like Baez and his smarminess and his jokes. He seemed to really put lots of energy into connecting with them as friends, and the state was all business. I know that in the end it should not matter. I just hope it doesn't sway them in any way.

:waitasec:

BBM: :puke: :puke:

I think the jurors will eventually get tired of his "stale jokes" and realize it is just an "act" ...

:cow::cow: and :cow:

BBM: :sick:

I am concerned by the age thing, that the defense feels certain concessions should be made for someone that is 22 versus, say, 40.

I know a lot of people, including the majority of the Supreme Court, feel that age makes a difference. But I was one of the 6 million terrorized by the DC snipers, and I was upset when the decision effected Lee Malvo's fate-I think he should've gone down with John Mohammed. After all, Malvo did not seem to care that the boy he shot in the back was only 13 years old, walking into his middle school in Maryland. He was "grown" enough to shoplift guns and to evade the feds for a time as an illegal.

Fortunately, the jury will get to consider Caylee's age as an aggravating factor.

I feel safe with HHBP at the helm.
This roller coaster is slowly clicking up the first hill..
butterflys are natural.
Can't wait to start buzzing down.
The Accused is the only one who will feel Heebie Jeebies when this is all over.
Booyah!

I feel extremely nervous waiting to see what the defense and the Anthony family is going to pull next. It's going to be up to the jurors. Some might really fall for the young, troubled, brain damaged, poor girl didn't mean to kill her little girl defense I see starting up.

Waiting on pins and needles to hear JB's opening statements and have wracked my brain trying to imagine what he could say.

Looking forward to hearing all the witnesses, and to find out more on the evidence. We've waited three years, dedicating our concern and time to ensure Caylee gets Justice. I hope we see Justice done finally.

:waitasec:

BBM: :puke: :puke:

I think the jurors will eventually get tired of his "stale jokes" and realize it is just an "act" ...

:cow::cow: and :cow:

You are right, thanks for snapping me out of it. It is just that he reminds me so much of a co-worker I once had. They look exactly alike and they have the exact same smarmy way of kissing up to people.[ He was rude and obnoxious to his co-workers, but super nice and 'sensitive' in front of the bosses. And he really annoyed me because he was usually unprepared and always blamed that on others. And used the race card whenever possible.But somehow the bosses always overlooked that and promoted him often. lol]

If JB acts anything like he did during the hearings the jury will quickly began to feel about him like we do.

Uses stalling tactics, constant sidebars or having to be schooled by the judge will not be good for the defense. They won't like their sequestration being drawn out any longer than necessary.

That ICA slink/slide walk that she does when she makes her entrance into the courtroom gets me every time. Her way of holding her elbows bent and her demure bend at the wrists that SEEM to display that "I'm a little lady" and then the checking the shirt tail before she gets around the table, all the while has either a smirk or a slight smile for someone, anyone she may recognize on her side of the room. She acts like a high school student that doesn't seem to realize this courtroom is probably going to be her last "field trip".

ICA, a presumed innocent women, speaking so buddy buddy like with RB, who is married to a serial killer. I gives me the creeps, and I also think that is telling.

He and CM have done this since the beginning of JS. Some may be paying more attention to the DT, but I've seen both sides do this. Mr. George smiles and talks back and forth with them, LDB is a little more professional with her questioning, but remember her specialty is child abuse and sex crimes, you have to be extra careful with those and ASA Ashton is using words rather than jokes to put them at ease and I would expect this out of him, I suspect his cunning is as sharp as a butcher's knife.

Hello everyone,
I am a newbie on this forum although I have been following the case. Please forgive if I post something that has been reviewed!
One thing that struck me watching the jury slection was the talk about victims' impact staement.
If ICA gets convicted, and I think she will and should be, who will speak on Cayley's behalf? Although it can't be used as evidence during sentencing, it puts GA and CA in a tough spot. The more they emote about their loss, the tighter the noose becomes arounds ICA's neck.

ALso I think this is the most bizarre defense team. I think JB's lack of experience and skill is already starting to show., The judge is clearing getting angry over some of his objections that have no case citation. Having the wife of a SK ...I cannot even go there how unstable and emotionally whacked I feel that woman is. But a great fit for ICA.
CM seems condescending, creepy. IMO

Hello everyone,
I am a newbie on this forum although I have been following the case. Please forgive if I post something that has been reviewed!
One thing that struck me watching the jury slection was the talk about victims' impact staement.
If ICA gets convicted, and I think she will and should be, who will speak on Cayley's behalf? Although it can't be used as evidence during sentencing, it puts GA and CA in a tough spot. The more they emote about their loss, the tighter the noose becomes arounds ICA's neck.

ALso I think this is the most bizarre defense team. I think JB's lack of experience and skill is already starting to show., The judge is clearing getting angry over some of his objections that have no case citation. Having the wife of a SK ...I cannot even go there how unstable and emotionally whacked I feel that woman is. But a great fit for ICA.
CM seems condescending, creepy. IMO

I agree 100%, crimesnooper! G & C will have to have extensive coaching before their statements are made. IMO, this is when they will finally show their true colors.

That ICA slink/slide walk that she does when she makes her entrance into the courtroom gets me every time. Her way of holding her elbows bent and her demure bend at the wrists that SEEM to display that "I'm a little lady" and then the checking the shirt tail before she gets around the table, all the while has either a smirk or a slight smile for someone, anyone she may recognize on her side of the room. She acts like a high school student that doesn't seem to realize this courtroom is probably going to be her last "field trip".

She might try to display that she is a "little lady" but trust me that isn't a lady, that is a murderer who happens to be female but certainly not a lady.

Long before I was diagnosed with allergies to oranges and wool, among other things, I used to say that I got the "heebie-jeebies" when there was residue from oranges on my hands. When I wore something woolen, my skin didn't necessarily itch, but I felt like I had insects or worms crawling all over me.

Casey's continual hand-wringing and fussing with her clothing makes my skin crawl with a really bad case of the heebie-jeebies. It would drive me crazy to be on the jury and have to watch Casey's antics day in and day out for 6 to 8 weeks :banghead:

:floorlaugh:

Someone here at WS said ICA looks like one of those girls who are training for a "Pageant" ... just like you described with the hands, wrists, walk ...

:dramaqueen:

I noticed yesterday that she used her left hand to smooth down or adjust the back of her shirt every single time she had the cause to walk out the courtroom door. The thing was, her shirt really didn't need 'adjusting'. That kind of fidgeting is starting to get on my nerves. :great:

The jury in general gives me the heebie jeebies. It was the death penalty atty I worked for who convinced me that regardless of the effort you put into voir dire, there is no accounting for how jurors perceive the evidence presented or unknown biases they possess, and of course, no matter how careful both sides are there is the stealth juror.

Although I understand why some posters are concerned about the SA being less personable during voir dire (I see it as being highly professional but bordering on insensitive) once the SA puts on their case their no-nonsense personas are going to be very appropriate. They are serious about their case and to me it is reflected in voir dire, although it can rub the PT the wrong way as stated.

I took the trivia quiz to see if I knew the evidence, but its not so much about evidence as it is about, well, trivia.......66%

Juror 1316 gives me the heebie-jeebies. I'm afraid she is not in a position to understand the evidence and she has a problem judging people. (Doesn't think it should be done...) I'm very disappointed the pros couldn't get rid if her, it doesn't seem quite fair to me, but I"m not a lawyer so don't understand the process but I thought any juror could be dismissed for no cause using their 10 strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708