Time Line

Compassionate Reader

Reaction score
Could someone who believes that the WM3 committed these heinous murders please give me a time line of events from 3:00 pm on May 5th (when the little boys got out of school) until 1:45 pm on May 6th (when the bodies were found)?

CR, you've been around the WM3 scene for a long time so you should have a better idea than most.

:denied:

My time line is from the perspective of a supporter of the innocence of the WM3. I would simply like to see a time line from someone who still thinks that they are guilty showing the time when the murder could have taken place. This is a serious question. I just want to try to understand when anyone thought the WM3 could have been together and committed this crime.

about this Timeline, There is No way TH would have been able to pull this off in such a short time frame.

Then show me how the teens could have, as you put it, "pulled this off" in their window of opportunity (whatever it was).

CR, your request is pointless because all you can do is what you've done in the past, and that's to believe phony alibis.

None of the three teens have solid alibis, not only as presented in court, but also according to Jason's own attorney, Paul Ford, in a later hearing, and thus, now in the court records for this case. So any discussion with you as to the whereabouts of the 3 defendants is a waste of time because you simply refute the evidence, and accept without reservation, the word of three convicts and their families. Then, you take it a step farther, even disbelieving Damien's own testimony that his whereabouts time line was altered to make it fit the facts relevant to the case.

All I want to see is a time line of when people thought the attack on the three boys took place. As to the alibis provided for the teens by friends and family, if they were with friends and family, what should they have done? Should they have made up a story that would have been unsubstantiated by anyone? All people who refuse to believe the alibis are doing is saying that all of the alibi witnesses (who just so happen to be friends and family) are lying.

However, my point with this thread is not about the alibis. I sincerely want to see a time line showing when these attacks were to have taken place. I haven't seen one, even on the Hoax.

Look, Paul Ford, Jason's attorney stated he knew his witnesses wouldn't hold up to cross examination as happened to Damien's witnesses, and said that was why he didn't put anyone on the stand in Jason's defense.

Attorney Ford also stated that Jessie's Dyess alibi fell apart too. He then added in so many words that Damien blew his own defense witness statements when he agreed that his time line kept changing to fit the changing time line of when the murders were committed.

Jessie told Stidham, in the presence of his father that he committed the crime. That too is in the court records for this case, came up during one of the hearings.

What you're missing is that the friends and family did in fact lie in efforts to keep the teens from being convicted.

This isn't what I believe, it's what's in the court records from 1993 and in the hearings that covered ineffective counsel.

IMO, if the teens had effective (experienced and well-funded) counsel, the alibis would not have fallen apart. Counsel simply wasn't adequate on redirect. The prosecution had more experience and funding allowing them to do what competent attorneys do on cross examination - break witnesses down, even when they're telling the truth.

A competent attorney on redirect will redirect the witness to the original statement made and, if possible, refute the lies of the prosecution. A competent attorney with a guilty client will plea bargain, saving the time and expense of a trial. A competent attorney with an innocent client will produce witnesses that provide an alibi whenever possible, or, if alibi witnesses are not available, will attack the evidence or the State's witnesses on cross examination. The original defense attorneys did not act competently, regardless of what Burnett ruled in Damien's Rule 37 hearing. Burnett had political aspirations, and he wanted convictions in these trials in order to advance his own political career IMO.

The ASSC has ruled that Burnett erred in not allowing an evidentiary hearing on the DNA evidence. So, obviously, mistakes were made in the original trial, at least according to the ASSC. In fact, the ASSC impaled Burnett pretty strongly about his mistakes in this case. The new hearing will provide a new look at all evidence by fresh eyes.

Again, what should someone who is accused of murder and who was with family and friends at the time do to provide an alibi? Make up a lie? Yes, some of the alibi witnesses got confused on the stand. Many of them, especially at the Misskelley trial, were teens themselves. All of them (except the few expert witnesses) were poor and not prepared for a cross examination by an experienced lawyer (another shortcoming of the original defense team). This is simply another layer in this miscarriage of justice.

Now, please provide me with some sort of time line, as you see it, for the murders. If you think the teens are guilty, surely you have a theory of how they did it. That's what I want to know. As I said before, I've never seen a theory from the other side, even on the Hoax board.

CR-They can't provide a time line because there is no evidence that the 3 committed these crimes.

Please Give me a reason why Terry Hobbs would kill these kids?

CR-They can't provide a time line because there is no evidence that the 3 committed these crimes.

Actually, there is evidence that does not exclude the three, Not everything was tested.

Terry Hobbs chased after the little boys at around 6:30 or 7 pm (after first taking Amanda back to the Jacoby's and spending 15 minutes or so driving around with Jacoby supposedly searching for Steve but in reality placating Jacoby and then taking him back home saying he wanted to look "one more place" - this is from Jacoby's Pasdar deposition) because he wanted to punish Stevie.

There are several possible reasons for this sociopath wanting to punish his step son. One is the fact that Stevie blatantly disobeyed him by not staying in the yard when he yelled at him (heard by Jamie and her sister). Another is possibly that, when Terry got home from the Jacoby's, he found Stevie's soiled jeans and became enraged. There are probably other reasons, but either of these two will suffice.

When he caught up with the little boys (either in their manhole hideout or their tree house, which mysteriously disappeared right after the murders), his "punishment" got out of hand. He didn't mean to kill Steve, only punish him. The other two were witnesses. Therefore, they had to be eliminated. It didn't take long, maybe 20 to 30 minutes, and Terry has a big hole in his alibi from about 6:30 or 7 pm to about 8 pm.

Actually, there is evidence that does not exclude the three, Not everything was tested.

If it wasn't tested, how do you know it is "evidence that does not exclude the three?" Are you referring to the "secret" testing the State did? I didn't think that the results of that testing had been released and, if that evidence had been incriminatory to any of the WM3, the prosecution/State would have been shouting it from the rooftops, not concealing it from everyone, including the defense.

If you are referring to something else, please don't be so cryptic. State the evidence, and provide a link to the forensics that show it to be incriminating to any of the WM3. Until you can provide such a link, I will continue to assert that no physical evidence has been found that ties any of the WM3 to the discovery site or even to the victims.

I just started reading a little bit about this case a few months ago . I still do not know what to believe . They had 3 trials and we found guilty all 3 times correct? but there also was no physical evidence . I need to go thru these threads ...

Silkprint,

You can read the actual trial transcripts and pretrial hearing transcripts at http://callahan.8k.com/. Please be sure to read the pretrial hearing transcripts as they show the State leanings of the trial judge. However, IMO reading trial transcripts only gives a partial picture of this case.

There are many discussion boards on the Internet about the case. My favorite "supporter" board (where the posters believe that the three young men in prison are innocent) is http://www.wm3blackboard.com. There are "non supporter" boards out there, too. The most well known of those is http://wm3hoax.downonthefarm.org/board/index.php.

The next "event" in this saga is the upcoming evidentiary hearing ordered by the Arkansas State Supreme Court back in November, 2010. At that time, the ASSC determined (unanimously, I might add) that Judge Burnett, the original trial judge and the judge who had up until then denied all appeals, was in error when he failed to grant an evidentiary hearing because new testing of some of the biological material revealed that none of the convicted were the contributors. One of the stepfathers, Terry Hobbs, was a 97.5% (some sources say 98.5%) mtDNA match to a hair found in (or under) the ligature of one of the victims. Another hair was a 93% mtDNA match to Hobbs' friend, David Jacoby, with whom, according to Jacoby, he was playing guitars the afternoon when the boys went missing. Judge Burnett will not preside at this hearing as he parlayed his association with this case into a State Senate seat and cannot therefore perform as a judge any more.

The hearing begins on December 5, 2011, but no electronic media will be allowed in the courtroom. However, I know that the blackboard site I mentioned earlier will give daily updates from people in the courtroom. Mara Leveritt, the author of a well-researched book on the case, Devil's Knot, will probably also be updating the public via her website.

There have been several books written on the case and many television specials have aired about it also. The most recent television special was the Aphrodite Jones True Crime series on the ID channel. It may still be showing from time to time. It hasn't been posted on the Internet as of yet.

What brought this case to prominence was an HBO documentary aired first back in 1996, Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robinhood Hills. The filmmakers originally went to film the trial because the prosecution's case revolved around cult killings. However, during the filming and as the trials reached their conclusions and all three teens were found guilty, the filmmakers realized that a terrible miscarriage of justice had occurred. They almost didn't get permission from HBO to complete the project as it had done a complete 180. There was a follow up documentary, Paradise Lost 2: Revelations, that originally aired, I believe in 1998, and Paradise 3 is now in the works as is Ms. Leveritt's sequel book.

As you can tell, there is a plethora of information available about this trial. Those of us who are supporters have every hope that the upcoming hearing will be the beginning of the end to the nightmare for the three falsely imprisoned men, Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley and will finally bring justice for the three victims, Christopher Byers, Stephen Branch and Michael Moore.

I have followed this case for years - at least since 1996. I am, as I stated before, a supporter of the innocence of the three young men in prison. I will be happy to answer any questions you have, but I will necessarily answer them as a supporter of the innocence of the WM3. Also, I do encourage you to visit the blackboard site previously mentioned. We discuss all aspects of the case there. Christopher's father, Mark Byers, is one of the administrators of the site and posts there occasionally as do several members of Pam Hicks Hobbs' (the mother of Stephen Branch) family.

ETA: There were originally two trials. Jessie Misskelley was tried separately and Damien Echols and Jason Baldwin were tried together. Jessie, who has an IQ of 72 making him borderline retarded and very suggestible and easily manipulated, gave a statement to the police implicating himself and the other two. However, many people believe it to be a false confession. He had no attorney present; he was in custody for over 12 hours before he was finally arrested; his initial statement was so full of errors that it had to be "corrected" before a judge would issue a warrant for his arrest. He refused to testify against the other two defendants at their trial and has maintained his innocence since February 17, 1994. Right after his conviction, on the way to prison, he made another statement about the case, and an incident report about it was filed and is available on the Callahan's site. Then, after the prosecution had been harassing him about testifying against the other two for a while, on February 17, 1994, he made another statement, commonly called the "Second Confession." However, if you read the entire document on Callahan's, you will see that Jessie exhibited an antagonistic attitude toward his own attorneys. This leads me to believe that the prosecution had managed to convince him that his own attorneys were not acting in his best interest. After making this statement, he talked to his father who told him to tell the truth. He then refused to testify at the Echols/Baldwin trial and has maintained his innocence since then.

Could someone who believes that the WM3 committed these heinous murders please give me a time line of events from 3:00 pm on May 5th (when the little boys got out of school) until 1:45 pm on May 6th (when the bodies were found)?

I thought everybody knew the children were killed before 3 pm on May 5th.

Jessie Misskelley said so.

Please Give me a reason why Terry Hobbs would kill these kids?

Tell me why he can't answer simple questions?

Also you said that the alibis fell apart...Why didn't the state pull phone records that are easy to obtain? The state accused who they wanted and they didn't care who they took down.

Also you said that the alibis fell apart...Why didn't the state pull phone records that are easy to obtain? The state accused who they wanted and they didn't care who they took down.

This is the BIGGEST mass conspiracy in history. The right three are in Prison and they are not ever going to get out.

Write Jessie in Prison I'm sure he'll tell you the truth.

If you are open and want to learn the real truth about this case: Ask the People on the Hoax board.

If you want I'm sure someone can put you in touch with Michael Moore's father Todd. (He posts under the name "Mikespadre")

Here is a supporter of the three who is now learning towards Guilt:

http://www.downonthefarm.org/wm3hoa...ml?PHPSESSID=ce336430138da77344a2fb34c9316dfe

I am a member of this board and The people there will never steer you in the wrong direction or lie to you. They will honestly give you the answers you seek.

We are a nice bunch of folks there :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back