Woman sold rocks to rioters

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A woman who admitted she sold stones to rioters in Benton Harbor last year has pleaded no contest to a felony charge that carries a prison sentence of up to 10 years.

Yuolanda Taylor, 32, toted rocks through a riot-wracked neighborhood on the night of June 16, 2003, according to police, and sold small rocks for $1 each and bigger ones for $5.
The rocks were thrown at police, prosecutors said, though Taylor claimed she did not participate directly in the violence that tore through the area around Empire Avenue and Broadway.

Taylor told police she collected about $70 selling rocks, but quit when she got hit by one herself. She later used the money to pay her cable TV bill.

In Berrien County Trial Court Monday, Taylor pleaded no contest to inciting a riot, which carries a sentence of up to 10 years in prison upon conviction.

Judge Casper Grathwohl accepted the plea one day before Taylor was to have faced trial. She is free on bond pending sentencing Nov. 15.
A no contest plea is the same as a guilty plea for sentencing purposes but cannot be used as an admission of wrongdoing in a civil lawsuit.

Berrien Assistant Prosecutor Gerald Vigansky said Taylor was arrested after police investigated an informant tip.

She was one of several people charged about one year after mobs burned houses, and assaulted police and firefighters in two nights of violence. Taylor was one of six people named in warrants in June.

Ten people were arrested initially at the time of the riots, most of them for driving up to or through police lines.

http://www.heraldpalladium.com/articles/2004/10/05/news/news1.txt

Casshew said:
A woman who admitted she sold stones to rioters in Benton Harbor last year has pleaded no contest to a felony charge that carries a prison sentence of up to 10 years.

Yuolanda Taylor, 32, toted rocks through a riot-wracked neighborhood on the night of June 16, 2003, according to police, and sold small rocks for $1 each and bigger ones for $5.
The rocks were thrown at police, prosecutors said, though Taylor claimed she did not participate directly in the violence that tore through the area around Empire Avenue and Broadway.

Taylor told police she collected about $70 selling rocks, but quit when she got hit by one herself. She later used the money to pay her cable TV bill.

In Berrien County Trial Court Monday, Taylor pleaded no contest to inciting a riot, which carries a sentence of up to 10 years in prison upon conviction.

Judge Casper Grathwohl accepted the plea one day before Taylor was to have faced trial. She is free on bond pending sentencing Nov. 15.
A no contest plea is the same as a guilty plea for sentencing purposes but cannot be used as an admission of wrongdoing in a civil lawsuit.

Berrien Assistant Prosecutor Gerald Vigansky said Taylor was arrested after police investigated an informant tip.

She was one of several people charged about one year after mobs burned houses, and assaulted police and firefighters in two nights of violence. Taylor was one of six people named in warrants in June.

Ten people were arrested initially at the time of the riots, most of them for driving up to or through police lines.

http://www.heraldpalladium.com/articles/2004/10/05/news/news1.txt
You can sell guns but you better not sell rocks!

What kind of woman would sell rocks to be thrown at LE?

1986 said:
What kind of people would actually Pay for them..
I'm having a hard time imagining this..

People are in a riot, but they will stop and fish out
some money to buy rocks..
I'm surprised they just didn't Take the rocks.

Very odd.

Makes you wonder what this enterprising woman sold at other "events"...

weddings...her body
funerals...clothes of the deceased
school functions...crack
yard sales...grass
street party...asphalt

:D

1986 said:
Makes you wonder what this enterprising woman sold at other "events"...

weddings...her body
funerals...clothes of the deceased
school functions...crack
yard sales...grass
street party...asphalt

:D
that's hysterical!

REmember pet rocks?

I remember begging my mother for a pet rock when I was a kid. She looked at me like I'd lost my mind and told me I was crazy if I thought she was going to spend money on a rock.

1986 said:

Obviously, a woman who was addicted to cable TV.

But as we all know, crime does not pay. :D

1986 said:
I don't know but she quit quick enough once she got hit from her own source of income!:laugh:
jmt1057.jpg

Sheromom,

That was a good one! I just keep picturing this woman standing on the street corner in front of a cart with a big umbrella, shouting...Rocks, Rocks, come get your fresh thrown rocks here!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back