Kaine describes what Terri told him about Kyron’s disappearance

freefallzzzz

Reaction score
Link w/article AND video:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/122554994.html

Video of interview w/Kaine inside Skyline School..

I'd read the whole article and watch the video.

I guess this part is what stood out to me the most and would like an answer to...
I was not sure "who" they were quoting when they said "Surveillance video shows she visited two different Fred Meyer stores to get medication for K."

<snip>
Sources tell KATU News, Terri Horman led Kyron's teacher to believe he had a doctor's appointment that Friday morning. He didn&#8217;t. Kaine says Terri had been focused on Kyron's spaciness.

"I didn't see anything out of the ordinary," he says. "I wasn't concerned about it at all."

Kaine says Terri was the one who was pushing Kyron to a doctor to be checked out.

Kaine attributed the staring spells to sleep deprivation. In the weeks leading up to Kyron's disappearance, the baby &#8211; K &#8211; had been dealing with an ear infection. He says her crying at night was keeping the whole family up, especially Kyron, whose room is right across the hall.

The infection plays a key role in what Terri claims she did after the science fair. Surveillance video shows she visited two different Fred Meyer stores to get medication for K.

Then she says she spent roughly an hour and a half driving the back roads of Northwest Multnomah County to soothe her daughter as the medications kicked in.

Kaine says he&#8217;s never had to do that.

"I don't need to drive her around to put her to sleep or to get her to stop crying or anything else. I have not needed to do that once. I have yet to need to do that is about all that I can say," he says.

<snip> (both quoting Kaine)

"My basic understanding is they got here at some point. They did some rounds and I think it was just Terri, Kyron and K that went around on their own – doing some visits to the different rooms and looking at the projects," he says. "I do believe, based on what I understand, I think that she did leave early before the science fair touring part of it was over.

"I remember her saying that he went one way and she turned and went the other. And that was the last time she saw him, according to her."

later in article
<snip>
"I don’t think there’s a very clear story of exactly what happened here that day," he says.

Terri Horman has remained a focus for investigators but she hasn’t been named a suspect or even a person of interest.

KATU News will air a special presentation on the search for Kyron on the anniversary of his disappearance, Saturday, June 4 at 6:30 p.m. It includes more from the interview with Kaine Horman.

the title of the article is bogus. no where does kaine describe what terri told him about kyron's disappearance.

this quote attributed to kaine is new to me but also ambiguous.

"I do believe, based on what I understand, I think that she (terri) did leave early before the science fair touring part of it was over.

the title of the article is bogus. no where does kaine describe what terri told him about kyron's disappearance.

this quote attributed to kaine is new to me but also ambiguous.

"I do believe, based on what I understand, I think that she (terri) did leave early before the science fair touring part of it was over.

Looks like the only real direct quote was this:
"I remember her saying that he went one way and she turned and went the other. And that was the last time she saw him, according to her."

And he is talking about what she said she was doing in the very beginning of the video but it is hard to hear or make out..

Looks like the only real direct quote was this:

And he is talking about what she said she was doing in the very beginning of the video but it is hard to hear or make out..

I believe what Kaine is saying off the top of that story is:

" ... made the rounds; they came up here; they met up here by the office ..."

This coincides with an early report that aired on KATU. Although the written copy does not display the quote below, the video report has a quote from
Lieutenant Mary Lindstrand, a spokesperson for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. VIDEO SAYS: “I AM TOLD SHE WENT UP ONE STAIRWELL, HE WENT UP ANOTHER STAIRWELL; SHE SAW HIM WALKING DOWN THE HALL TOWARDS HIS CLASSROOM.”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95691389.html

The story finally confirms that Baby K was inside the school at the time of the science fair. It also confirms that there was not a doctor's appointment for Kyron. It does seal this for me .... TH uses the circumstances of the moment to her advantage (Kyron's spaciness, Baby K's ear infection and the environment at the school). All of these factors created a PERFECT OPPORTUNITY for TH and a PERFECT STORM for Kyron.

Leaving my porch light on for you tonight Kyron.

THIS is what stood out to me the most...(snip below)
I am not clear if KATU is saying a source told them this, Kaine, LE, or???

<snip>
"Surveillance video shows she visited two different Fred Meyer stores to get medication for K."

I haven't posted in awhile but have to say my heart goes out to Kaine but I find he is typical of most men in that he doesn't really know what is going on in his own life. I find it hard to believe that he didn't know Terri was leading a "double life". He certainly should have been aware that things were not right in his household. I am not saying this to judge him but I have found over the years that when you ask a man how things are at home, he will say fine and mean it but if you ask a woman, you will get an earful of things. My point is that Kaine seems unaware of many things that were happening right before him and I don't think this is unusual in many marriages. He says that he didn't notice Kyron being spacey and then says he didn't think it was unusual because K, had kept everyone up the last few weeks. It is unusual for another child to be kept awake from a crying baby - the parents yes but the child usually sleeps through it. Also, he doesn't even seem to know exactly what Terri did that day. He says I think quite a bit. You would think at this point he would know what law enforcement knows about Terri that day. In addition, Terri must have told him her version of events and yet he doesn't seem to know what she said and that to me is very typical of how men listen and hear what they want to hear. Again, I am by no means bashing Kaine, I just think he was a typical man in that he worked and paid the bills and left a lot of the household things to Terri. I am not convinced that Terri really was doing all these terrible things but I think in hindsight and based on what has happened, you want to blame someone and she has certainly opened herself up with some of her behaviors but I don't get the feeling that Kaine is convinced she did it but sees that there is a possibility. KWIM? JMO!!!

P.S. I don't mean to sound like I am man bashing but I do find a pattern with most men in general when it comes to listening and hearing what their wives have said.

I haven't posted in awhile but have to say my heart goes out to Kaine but I find he is typical of most men in that he doesn't really know what is going on in his own life. I find it hard to believe that he didn't know Terri was leading a "double life". He certainly should have been aware that things were not right in his household. I am not saying this to judge him but I have found over the years that when you ask a man how things are at home, he will say fine and mean it but if you ask a woman, you will get an earful of things. My point is that Kaine seems unaware of many things that were happening right before him and I don't think this is unusual in many marriages. He says that he didn't notice Kyron being spacey and then says he didn't think it was unusual because K, had kept everyone up the last few weeks. It is unusual for another child to be kept awake from a crying baby - the parents yes but the child usually sleeps through it. Also, he doesn't even seem to know exactly what Terri did that day. He says I think quite a bit. You would think at this point he would know what law enforcement knows about Terri that day. In addition, Terri must have told him her version of events and yet he doesn't seem to know what she said and that to me is very typical of how men listen and hear what they want to hear. Again, I am by no means bashing Kaine, I just think he was a typical man in that he worked and paid the bills and left a lot of the household things to Terri. I am not convinced that Terri really was doing all these terrible things but I think in hindsight and based on what has happened, you want to blame someone and she has certainly opened herself up with some of her behaviors but I don't get the feeling that Kaine is convinced she did it but sees that there is a possibility. KWIM? JMO!!!

P.S. I don't mean to sound like I am man bashing but I do find a pattern with most men in general when it comes to listening and hearing what their wives have said.

I agree and this is what makes it hard for me to believe that Kaine was the primary caregiver of the children, as he stated in court documents last summer...

omg I can't believe it's been almost a year

)-;

I agree and this is what makes it hard for me to believe that Kaine was the primary caregiver of the children, as he stated in court documents last summer...

yes,
and his wording in the documents makes it sound as if they were not living together full time...
and if you compare bing maps with google maps
you will see
there was a camper on the property in 2010
and it is gone in 2011...
was he taking refuge out in the yard? serious question...
I think he spent a lot of time away from the family dynamic.
had his cake and ate it too.
if terri was suffering from alcoholism...
and kaine wasn't 'available'...
when could she attend her AA meetings.???
mike cook uses AA slang a lot and we know he had drug/alcohol issues as well...
he seems to be the "sponsor-type" in all this.
stepping up to the plate and lending a hand to a fellow sufferer.
if she fell off the beam and started drinking again
it would explain the sexting and the poor judgement to that action.
I am not a terri supporter
but...
"I do see the forest for the trees"

The story finally confirms that Baby K was inside the school at the time of the science fair. It also confirms that there was not a doctor's appointment for Kyron. It does seal this for me .... TH uses the circumstances of the moment to her advantage (Kyron's spaciness, Baby K's ear infection and the environment at the school). All of these factors created a PERFECT OPPORTUNITY for TH and a PERFECT STORM for Kyron.

BBM. It only confirms that there was not a doctor's appointment for Kyron the morning he went missing, which IMO was already confirmed. It still does not indicate one way or another whether there was a doctor's appointment for Friday the 11th, which is the potential source of confusion and, I understand it, the claim made by Terri Horman.

I totally disagree with the generalization that men don't notice what is happening with their children or in their home. He didn't say that he didn't notice Kyron's spaciness - he said he thought it wasn't out of the ordinary because of sleep deprivation. I have kids and they certainly DO get woken up and kept up by the crying of a baby. We have rearranged rooms because if this in our own home.

Maybe the family conversed over breakfast about their lack of sleep, maybe they commiserated with each other before bed and wondered if they'd get sleep tonight, maybe Kaine asked Kyron if he'd gotten any sleep with all the crying and Kyron said "no".

Also it's not just Kaine but in fact NO ONE knows what Terri did that day, primarily because after offering a few stories she clammed up, and her stories don't seem to match the evidence. Do you think he asked her what she did the day his beloved son was abducted and then tuned out her answer because he's a guy and guys don't listen? If Kaine were certain of what she did that day it would be very odd indeed. Not because he's a man, but because Terri lies and when someone lies to you about their activities, you don't know the truth.

I totally disagree with the generalization that men don't notice what is happening with their children or in their home. He didn't say that he didn't notice Kyron's spaciness - he said he thought it wasn't out of the ordinary because of sleep deprivation. I have kids and they certainly DO get woken up and kept up by the crying of a baby. We have rearranged rooms because if this in our own home.

Maybe the family conversed over breakfast about their lack of sleep, maybe they commiserated with each other before bed and wondered if they'd get sleep tonight, maybe Kaine asked Kyron if he'd gotten any sleep with all the crying and Kyron said "no".

Also it's not just Kaine but in fact NO ONE knows what Terri did that day, primarily because after offering a few stories she clammed up, and her stories don't seem to match the evidence. Do you think he asked her what she did the day his beloved son was abducted and then tuned out her answer because he's a guy and guys don't listen? If Kaine were certain of what she did that day it would be very odd indeed. Not because he's a man, but because Terri lies and when someone lies to you about their activities, you don't know the truth.

Terri deserves some credit here. Exactly when did she have time for this double life between caring for a home, three children, cooking meals, running errands and volunteering. Also during this double life she supposedly was staggering drunk or else passed out on the sofa until midnight. Things Kaine is saying are not adding up. I find him arrogant in his replies at times such as his reply about K not needing to be driven around and acting so much more capable than any mother who has raised kids. They teeth, they cry and you do your best to relax them so you can get some sleep. K is over the teething and likely sleeping all night by now which is why he probably has no sleep worries. If Kyron went one way and Terri went another that day in school then LE needs to focus on who saw Kyron after she left the school. I have always personally thought that this LE had tunnel vision from the start and lost precious time with this investigation into the SM.

We do not know for sure that there was no Drs appt that next week, do we? That kind of information will not be released to the public as it is confidential. Also, if Ms Porter were to confirm that she was a bit spacey and confused that day that the SF was going on because of the many visitors in the building she could be in a jam with her career at stake. Teachers just do not generalize when one of their students turn up missing by saying, " he might be getting a drink or he might be in the bathroom. They should know where their students are at all times, or go look for the absent student...period.

THIS is what stood out to me the most...(snip below)
I am not clear if KATU is saying a source told them this, Kaine, LE, or???

<snip>
"Surveillance video shows she visited two different Fred Meyer stores to get medication for K."

Is this the first time we are hearing it was actually captured on surveillance video?

Man I am gonna cry on the one year anniversary... :cry:

Terri deserves some credit here. Exactly when did she have time for this double life between caring for a home, three children, cooking meals, running errands and volunteering. Also during this double life she supposedly was staggering drunk or else passed out on the sofa until midnight. Things Kaine is saying are not adding up. I find him arrogant in his replies at times such as his reply about K not needing to be driven around and acting so much more capable than any mother who has raised kids. They teeth, they cry and you do your best to relax them so you can get some sleep. K is over the teething and likely sleeping all night by now which is why he probably has no sleep worries. If Kyron went one way and Terri went another that day in school then LE needs to focus on who saw Kyron after she left the school. I have always personally thought that this LE had tunnel vision from the start and lost precious time with this investigation into the SM.

Personally I think TMH is guilty, but I like to read opposing views and you form well written arguments.

How do you reconcile the fact she has has given up parenting K in exchange for silence on all matters related to Kyron and the investigation?

Personally I think TMH is guilty, but I like to read opposing views and you form well written arguments.

How do you reconcile the fact she has has given up parenting K in exchange for silence on all matters related to Kyron and the investigation?

I have an idea that this is her attorney's recommendation. I don't think she has given up but KH is notorious for divorcing and keeping his children with him. IMO KH will stop at nothing to see TH in the street begging if necessary. He would not even entertain the idea of DY gaining custody of Kyron and he will fight with any ammunition necessary to stop K from visiting her mother. I think Ths attorneys are waiting until there is some progress in this case before really hitting back at KH. MOO

B&RBM :

Respectfully, I disagree.

snipped from : http://www.katu.com/news/local/122554994.html

BBM:

"My basic understanding is they got here at some point. They did some rounds and I think it was just Terri, Kyron and Kiara that went around on their own &#8211; doing some visits to the different rooms and looking at the projects," he says. "I do believe, based on what I understand, I think that she did leave early before the science fair touring part of it was over."

Kaine clearly says "I think" ... in my opinion, this is NOT confirmation when someone says "I think", and from what I have read, I have NEVER heard a confirmation from LE that the baby was with TH and Kyron INSIDE the school, and, I have NEVER heard it confirmed by anyone else.

It is "my opinion", and I have always "speculated", that baby K was NOT in that school the morning of the science fair. And -- I have always wondered if she did have the baby with her -- who was 18 months at the time -- did she have the toddler in a BABY STROLLER ?

If there is confirmation of the baby AND the baby stroller, from LE, then I will believe it ... and it will also support one of "my theories".

:cow::cow::cow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back