2011.05.25 - JC Penney Video revealed at trial

Gnatcatcher

Reaction score
I would like to see all thoughts related to the J.C. Penny video revealed today at trial during Anthony Lazzaro's testimony. I have not been able as of yet, to find a link to the video but I am looking.

This video was not yet released so it was the first time I've seen it, as it was laid out by Mr. Frank George to Tony Lazzaro. It showed Tony and Casey walking into J.C. Penny, Casey approaching the checkout with what looked to me like a single, black shoe. The employee took the shoe and held it in her hand, handed it back to Casey who put it on the floor, and then I was distracted and missed what happened next. But I saw Casey standing there for quite a while, then she swiped a credit card, Tony appeared behind her, and she took her rather large bag and left, then they were shown exiting the store with Casey well ahead of Tony.

Does anyone have a link to the video? Does anyone know was she exchanging a pair of shoes? Was it, indeed, shoes she was buying? I believe it was Cindy's J.C. Penny card which she stole and used for this purchase. I don't know why such a large, white bag was given to her for a pair of shoes. I also am unclear about the date of this video. Apparently there are three J.C. Penny videos, and this was only one of them.

The only thing Mr. George asked Tony Lazzaro about the video was whether it was him and Casey in the still shot. Yet, Baez had quite a ta-do about its introduction.

Any thoughts? Thank you, and please forgive me for not being able to find a proper thread to join, so I started a new one.

She clearly places some sort of fabric item that looked to be on a hanger on top of the box of shoes she is purchasing. I think it looked like a white skirt but I only saw it once. I could be convinced I saw a white top but I don't think it was a blanket...many have speculated that it was a replacement winnie the pooh blanket. It didn't seem big enough to me or in the proper packaging for a crib blanket.

She clearly places some sort of fabric item that looked to be on a hanger on top of the box of shoes she is purchasing. I think it looked like a white skirt but I only saw it once. I could be convinced I saw a white top but I don't think it was a blanket...many have speculated that it was a replacement winnie the pooh blanket. It didn't seem big enough to me or in the proper packaging for a crib blanket.

Hi, GP - I really couldn't tell what she was purchasing. I do have a thought about whether it was a pooh blanket or not. I feel positive it was NOT a pooh blanket or ANYTHING to do with Caylee. It's like she was already to the ....Caylee? Caylee who? stage by the first night. All MOO, of course.

Can we see the video online somewhere? I'm still hoping to see a receipt.

Was it me or did I see her hand the clerk what appeared to be an ID?( I saw here pull it out and hand it to the male clerk) If that was CA Penneys card that ICA used, then what ID was actually presented?

I'm having trouble with the time line due to not being able to watch every second or look back at lots of posts here. Was the purchase before the hot body contest? I'm wondering if she bought boots that day. She did wear boots to the contest. Could the boots (if purchased) have been to be able to walk back behind the home or through places that a snake might be? I've always if someone could have hidden Caylee somewhere out back of the Anthony home for 2.5 days, and commented before that searchers should man up and not be afraid of snakes but put on boots and go. The car not smelling at first surely indicates something.

Something after the video TL remember the date and made mention something about his tie? (sorry I was at work and people were talking)
I was wondering if she bought him a tie for the night of the Hot Body contest?

I don't think she was buying boots, just regular shoes.
I am guessing the video just serves the purpose of more normal behavior that does not "jive" with someone who just lost or just killed a child...like the video store footage. I don't think it was about what she purchased, just that she was shopping.

I found what I have recorded from HLN on this -- they talk over the video but it plays. (I am not sure if they cut to a commercial ----so....)

I will upload what I have to my youtube now -- give me about a half hour to get it published for you all.
I will post link when done.

The JCPenny video all they had........hope this helps!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOvd9IiE7_8[/ame]

Here are three screen caps I got during the hearing of the video.
jcpenny1.jpg

JCpenny2.jpg

JCpenny3.jpg

Why were other video surveillance tapes released to the public prior to trial and not this one? Weird.

moo

ETA - Were the other ones released due to her issuing bad checks? Maybe this one was not released because no one (er CA) was willing to accuse her of wrong-doing? (Using CA's card)?

You know I've looked and looked to find out if LE ever found fake IDs for ICA. She had to have one with Cindy's name on it to be able to cash checks and use her credit cards.

I went back through today's videos and found the spot that shows the JCPenny footage.

It is here http://www.wftv.com/video/28025960/index.html at the 9:18 mark.

She did definitely pull out the credit card, then an ID from her wallet. I also got the impression she did not want TonE to watch her pay for stuff, and at the end of the clip it shows the couple leaving the mall and she is hot foot'n it out of there - TonE had to hustle to keep up with her.

I would love to know if we'll see/hear about this identification.........:waitasec:

[
You know I've looked and looked to find out if LE ever found fake IDs for ICA. She had to have one with Cindy's name on it to be able to cash checks and use her credit cards.

I went back through today's videos and found the spot that shows the JCPenny footage.

It is here http://www.wftv.com/video/28025960/index.html at the 9:18 mark.

She did definitely pull out the credit card, then an ID from her wallet. I also got the impression she did not want TonE to watch her pay for stuff, and at the end of the clip it shows the couple leaving the mall and she is hot foot'n it out of there - TonE had to hustle to keep up with her.

I would love to know if we'll see/hear about this identification.........:waitasec:

I see what you are saying, but I don't know if the theft is coming in or not. Lies do not prove a murderess either, so I am wondering if the States story is that weak or if they have something much greater that was not released to the public. Sealed evidence, which the Judge liked to refer to, I hope it is what the Judge and the State see as moving.

Pink Panther

I hope there is more, this JCP tape shows nothing more than we know. However, we must keep in mind, the jurors have not seen or read all that we have. So, maybe the Bank of America tapes are out. They just show KC being normal? We shall see.

I'm thinking the SA will recall witnesses when they get to the part of their case about the multiple lies. I expect them to run witnesses through quickly and ask each what they were told then present evidence to the contrary.

I think they are simply setting up the foundation. This video clearly shows ICA using a credit card - we all know from the evidence it was CA's card. Now one of the pieces some of us are curious about is that id sized card confiscated by the lady cop when CA was going through ICAs wallet - I think that ICA had a fake ID with CAs name on it and that she used it at this JCPenny when she charged the shoes on good ole' money bags CAs account.

I am praying LE found one and that is one of the ah ha moments for this case.

IMHO

On hinkymeter's timeline..she says her purchase added up to $84.00..looked like a white blouse to me..don't know about the shoes.

Whatever the black thing was-- a bra maybe? they were taking the security tag off. mo

I wonder if this JCP trip lays a precedence for the blanket purchase...?

The JCPenny video all they had........hope this helps!

To me, it looks like a box of shoes, a white sexy top & a small baby blanket....

LE questioned Cindy about her JCP credit card statements & Cindy wouldn't oblige.

I'm pretty sure that Frank George said that video had been recorded on either the 23rd or the 27th of June (after one of the times ICA ran out of gas), so I don't think ICA would buy a baby blanket after Caylee was already dead. I remember some mention of an "All White" party at Fusion that Casey planned to go to, and it looked to me like she was buying some shoes and a white outfit. The whole ID thing is really interesting... I'm wondering about that, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back