Is GA Acting or has he really changed?

missy8394

Reaction score
I'm watching GA on the stand and I'm not sure what to think. It almost seems like he's trying to appear to be a hostile witness, arguing about JB specifying which gas can he was asking about having duct tape when it wouldn't matter since neither had the duct tape when he received them back. The arguing about which days he mowed the lawn, etc, things that are minor. It almost looks like they are play acting for the jury between the two of them. JB is acting disgusted at having to question GA when he's never had this attitude with the Anthony family before. Is GA a changed man or are he and JB putting on a show??

I'm watching GA on the stand and I'm not sure what to think. It almost seems like he's trying to appear to be a hostile witness, arguing about JB specifying which gas can he was asking about having duct tape when it wouldn't matter since neither had the duct tape when he received them back. The arguing about which days he mowed the lawn, etc, things that are minor. It almost looks like they are play acting for the jury between the two of them. JB is acting disgusted at having to question GA when he's never had this attitude with the Anthony family before. Is GA a changed man or are he and JB putting on a show??

After reading posts here I am totally concerned now that the DT is railroading us and the A's may be in on it.........................don't know what to believe anymore..........

And I'm surprised that JB hasn't asked the judge to have him stop with the commentary of "...if you'll treat me with respect, I'll respect you" etc. I'm feeling like it's a setup but I really want GA to have seen the light.

And I'm surprised that JB hasn't asked the judge to have him stop with the commentary of "...if you'll treat me with respect, I'll respect you" etc. I'm feeling like it's a setup but I really want GA to have seen the light.

I think the accusations against him by ICA would be enough to change anyones loyalties. This coupled with the statements their lawyer has put out make me think they aren't in on railroading of any sort. I could be wrong, but I hope I'm right....

I believe that George is being quite candid, honest and open. IMHO GA wants the truth regardless of what that may turn out to be. Somehow imho Mr. Lippman, their new attorney has worked wonders for the. Although they will testify etc. for the state I think they do expect the DT to vigorously defend their daughter. I cannot imagine what these people have been through and how incredibly devastating it must be.

I will admit that I have not at all agreed with behaviors etc., but I do believe that now that trial is here at least GA will be 100% honest. Somehow I think between the new attorney and what the DT expected them to do hit them like a ton of bricks bringing them to a newer and even more dark reality in regards to their daughter and what she is capable of. Can you even imagine the pain and emotional torment?! I cannot!

At first I did think it may be a setup, but I no longer believe that at all after reading the letter GA had sent to ICA in Mar. 2010.

IMO, George is saying and doing what JB wants him to do.
He is now a puppet for JB in order to save his daughter.
Any anger or dislike he shows for JB seems disingenuous to me.

I am kind of sitting on the fence with this question myself. I should hope that this is all very real and is not a game being played by GA and the DT.

I keep asking myself, what would I do if I were GA?

If I were GA, I would be acting the same way. He is clearly being made out to be the scapegoat here. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have your daughter as the defendant in a major murder trial that is being watched by millions of people and have the allegations that were in such a public fashion. If I were him, I would be acting out too. This man could very well be labeled for the rest of his life for something that never happened between him and ICA...just a card being used by the DT to save ICA's life.

I wouldnt be surprised if after the trial GA splits town, divorces Cindy, and starts his new life somewhere far away. In fact that is my highest hope for that poor man.

I too think he changed.
After being accused of sexually molesting his daughter by Beaz and KC has changed his tone about this.
Wonder if Cindy wilol change her tone as well.

It would be a very radical change, IMO, if he did change. People don't just change like a pair of undies. We are made to NOT change (thus, having the same personality, preferences and quirks one's whole life long).

So I'm gonna vote he has NOT changed in any significant way. He may have changed tactics. We may have misunderstood him in one way or another all along. I think we are still learning what makes the Anthony's tick under extreme pressure and in a no-win situation.

I think being accused of molesting Casey and seeing that the defense was really going forward with this defense broke George down. Tuesday's opening statement where George was accused of covering up Caylee's accidental death and then basically framing Casey was the final knife in George's heart.

Unless they have something extreme planned for when they (the Anthony's) become defense witnesses, like George pulling a Jack Nicholson in a "Few Good Men" and is driven to some sort of elaborate confession... I think the defense has ruined any chance of saving Casey Anthony's life.

You also have to remember that if they admit to any of this, they are basically admitting that what Lee did is correct also. Are they really willing to destroy their son for Casey? Their only chance at ever having any more grandchildren? Lee and Mallory plan to marry this year... meaning that they are probably talking about a family too. Why give all that up??

If some kind of elaborate confession happens, then they all better be ready to go to prison.

I think that it has been well-documented that there has been no love lost between the Anthonys and Jose Baez. And I also think that George has had e-freaking-nough of this charade. I think that, with his LE background, he would have cooperated much earlier and much more extensively had he not been under the yoke of Cindy and forced to drink the KC Kool-Aid. While I think that from the bottom of his heart he still wants to help his daughter avoid death, he is not going to participate in the massacre of his own and his son's reputations. These people have lost all that they hold dear. Yes, they are flawed and have made some terrible mistakes that make them look bad in the public eye. But at least in the case of George, I think that the blinders have been cast off and that he is not going down with KC when she goes.

I am reserving my judgment on Cindy until I see her testify. She has always appeared to have more of a pathology of the mind to me than George does. But perhaps she too will also have had enough of her family becoming the scarificial lamb of Baez & Co.'s defense strategy.

I'm not sure anyone would willingly go along with a plan that includes their being a child molester. I think JB set the A's up by encouraging them to speak out knowing how dysfunctional they are and that they would only make things worse.

However, GA and CA thought they were doing good only to discover JB was pushing the knife in their backs. GA was blindsided by this I believe. CA may be on board and support the accusations.

I think JB is baiting him because he knows GA has an explosive temper and if GA goes off on the witness stand that only helps the defense greatly. JMO

I'm on the fence. I'm not ready to give George a pat on the back just yet.

No, I don't think he's changed. I don't think he has ever liked JB and we're seeing that on the stand. He's probably thinking this is all Baez's doing and his precious daughter had nothing to do with it. Throwing someone under the bus is not foreign to the Anthony's. They themselves have tried to cast suspicion on others who were innocent. I know my opinion sounds cold, but anytime I've felt sorry for them, I've later regretted it.

Seriously, Does George Anthony really want people to believe that he SA Casey and that he had something to do with Caylee's death? Does he really want that?

he needs to ask himself those questions and I HOPE he already has.

I think GA and CA will be forever changed after this parade of evidence... George has already got the message that his daughter would see him go to jail for life for felony sexual abuse in order to save herself from the needle. He's changed, you bet he has. mo

I don't think George has changed.
While he may love and support his daughter and has shown that publicly, I've always thought he would be honest and tell the truth for Caylee.
I think he did it all the way back when he testified before the Grand Jury and I think he's doing it now.

No, I don't think he's changed. I don't think he has ever liked JB and we're seeing that on the stand. He's probably thinking this is all Baez's doing and his precious daughter had nothing to do with it. Throwing someone under the bus is not foreign to the Anthony's. They themselves have tried to cast suspicion on others who were innocent. I know my opinion sounds cold, but anytime I've felt sorry for them, I've later regretted it.

BBM

That's what I think, almost. I think the whole defense is 90% JB's idea and some of the storyline hasn't been approved by KC and that may be why they had a tiff. I think now that the reality of what could happen to her has sunk in I think she'd sell her mother to a pimp if it would set her free. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back