GUILTY CA - George Rodriquez & Jane Marin for child abuse, Campbell, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
Do we already have a thread on this horrid case? If anyone can follow this scenario, I hope they'll explain it. I got very lost. Just thank God the poor little girl seems like she'll be OK (in the relative sense of the word). This man must be found. And the young teen is a true hero. He recognized that he had to do the right thing.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_18149006?source=rss

Suspect's son found abused 3-year-old rolled up in carpet

"A 15-year-old boy searching his garage for a model car made a gruesome discovery when he stepped on a mattress to reach a shelf: Beneath the mattress, rolled-up in a carpet was a bruised and beaten 3-year-old girl.
Now, police are looking for the boy's father -- George Rodriguez, 35 -- wanted for severely abusing his former girlfriend's daughter and leaving the tiny girl for dead in the garage of a Campbell duplex...."

and

"...with the girl in protective custody and her mother booked on felony child endangerment charges, the 6-feet-1, 230 pound Rodriguez is still on the loose. He is accused of giving the girl a black eye, bruising her face and stomach, then hiding her in the garage...."

and

"...The girl was taken to a hospital; her mother was booked into jail on felony child endangerment charges. Police said they were able to locate a witness who said Rodriguez told his girlfriend about the abuse and rolling the girl up in a carpet -- before the 15-year-old boy discovered the girl in the garage...."

more at link (plus mug shot)

Got it. Rodriguez lives with his exwife and son (15). Exwife is not okay with Rodriguez's gf and her child staying there and tells him they must go. Rodriguez apparently beats the child and hides her in a rolled up carpet in garage. Probably because child's mother (his gf) is not there at the time and he needs that kid outta there in order to keep his place to stay. After finding the child the 15 year old tells his mother and cleans the child up. 15 year old's mother (Rodriguez's ex) called the child's mom, who picked her up and offered to give the 15 year old and his gf a ride. She then delivered her abused child to her own mother (child's gramma) in a parking lot before dropping off the 15 year old and gf. The 15 year old just could not in good conscious, leave it at that and reported the incident of finding the beaten child wrapped in the carpet to LE. Child's mother was contacted and then proceeded to lie to LE about the child's wellbeing and how her injuries occurred. LE insisted on setting eyes on the child and took her into protective custody, arresting the mother for endangerment.

Sheesh, what a mess. Poor baby girl. Yet another incident where mom is more concerned with keeping a man than the welfare of her own child.

Wow, tlcox, I'm humbled. You're good!! My head was spinning. Gee, I can't figure out why a woman doesn't want a husband's girlfriend and her daughter living in the family home. It's wonderful that the mom and the son cleaned up the baby but the teen's mom should have called LE.

Teens often get such a bad rap. Sometimes, they're the ones to step up first and do the right thing. A really great kid. That baby could have so easily died wrapped in that carpet. It sounds like she'd already given up. Poor baby girl.

I agree. Teen's mom should have called cops. Also agree that teens do often get an undeserved bad rap. This one did exactly the right thing and I hope he knows that and never second guesses or doubts himself for a moment.

marin_rodriguez_051111.jpg

January 2012:

A man was sentenced today to three years and four months in state prison for severely abusing his ex-girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter in Campbell last year.
George Rodriguez, 35, of Campbell, pleaded no contest in December to child endangerment and inflicting corporal injury on a child, his attorney Lindsey Dazel said....

Her mother, Jane Marin, 32, was also arrested and in September pleaded guilty to child endangerment. She was sentenced to a year in county jail.
Davis said Marin left the girl in Rodriguez's custody knowing that he was under the influence of methamphetamine.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...irlfriends-3-Year-Old-Daughter-138259144.html

Statements like this are pure nauseating to me! Whether it is a male or female, a person who abuses a child, hides them, leaving them for dead is not worthy of being described as an excellent, good, or wonderful parent!

This description was given by Rodriquez's attorney:

"Dazel said his performance while in custody has been "excellent." She described Rodriguez as a "peaceful person and a wonderful father."
"In our investigation, everyone that we talked to who had witnessed him around children never saw him being violent," she said.
Rodriguez has 12 children by 10 mothers, according to Davis

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local....138259144.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288