AZ AZ - Roland Himebrook, 53, & Richard Gorham, 11, Avra Valley, 6 July 1986

cjalex

Reaction score
He went missing in 1986 at the age of 11 and would be 20 by 1995. Just a thought...

http://charleyproject.org/cases/g/gorham_richard.html

Richard Gorham
Birth: 1975
Disappeared: July 6, 1986 from Pima, AZ
Red Hair, Hazel
Height &
weight at age: 4'8", 60 lbs. 11 years old

Jason Doe
Birth: 1975 – 1979 estimated
Found: 1995 (would have been 20yo)
Light brown with red, brown/hazel eyes
Height &
weight at age: 5'8", 169 lbs. 16-20 years old

I don't know if anyone is following up on this lead, but I stumbled on the same report and I think the resemblence is remarkable. I was looking at pictures of other "Gorham"'s at older ages and I think our Jason could be related. This would explain why he has gone unnamed for so long.

Richard was abducted by his grandfather at 11yo. It is feasible that Roland Himmebrook(gf b. 1933) past away by 1995 and Richard was on his own living with an alias. Or Gr Roland knows about this accident and is not coming forward given the circumstances.

Can we get an age-enhanced picture of Richard?
Or blood types?

Interestingly neither Richard or his grandfather are listed in NamUs. Richard is not listed with NCMEC. Perhaps the only way to get the additional information is to contact the agency listed at Charley and DoeNet.

I do see a resemblence between Richard and our UID so I think it is worth following up on.

I remember this name from the 'Possibles' thread. It would be nice to find out if his middle name was Jason. Also, someone posted this in the main thread:

I recently found some pictures from my days back in the day. This picture was taken under a bridge at the RFK show in 95.

Check out the kid in the foreground of the picture with a drum. Looks strikingly like our JD

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/3529/photograph9.jpg

There seems to be a resemblance between Richard Gorham and this guy.

Welcome to WS cjalex! I forgot to welcome you earlier. :blushing:

:welcome: :welcome:

Interestingly neither Richard or his grandfather are listed in NamUs. Richard is not listed with NCMEC. Perhaps the only way to get the additional information is to contact the agency listed at Charley and DoeNet.

I do see a resemblence between Richard and our UID so I think it is worth following up on.

I am new at this but maybe Richard's disappearance pre-dates those databases? I sent an emailed Pima County to find out why.

I wonder where Roland Himmebrook could be for all these years. He was pretty old to be taking care of a kid in while pratically retired in hiding.

There are cases in NamUs and NCMEC which are far older than Richard and his grandfathers. If it were an older custody dispute that is usually when older cases sometimes don't make these databases.

Keep us posted on whatever you might find out from the agency handling Richards MP case.

Richard Gorham
Birth: 1975
Disappeared: July 6, 1986 from Pima, AZ
Red Hair, Hazel
Height &
weight at age: 4'8", 60 lbs. 11 years old

Jason Doe
Birth: 1975 – 1979 estimated
Found: 1995 (would have been 20yo)
Light brown with red, brown/hazel eyes
Height &
weight at age: 5'8", 169 lbs. 16-20 years old

I don't know if anyone is following up on this lead, but I stumbled on the same report and I think the resemblence is remarkable. I was looking at pictures of other "Gorham"'s at older ages and I think our Jason could be related. This would explain why he has gone unnamed for so long.

Richard was abducted by his grandfather at 11yo. It is feasible that Roland Himmebrook(gf b. 1933) past away by 1995 and Richard was on his own living with an alias. Or Gr Roland knows about this accident and is not coming forward given the circumstances.

From anything I can find - which is very little - The grandfather's last name has one "m" - Himebrook. And I haven't found anything that states he abducted his grandson Richard. I found information from Pima County Sheriff's Department stating that Richard was staying with his grandfather due to his mother's live-in BF being abusive. They were reported missing by a friend of Roland Himebrook.
More at link..................
http://pimasheriff.org/bulletins/bulletin-details/?ref_cID=1268&bID=0&dd_asId=4819

I just wonder if his mother knows about our "Jason Doe". I wish we knew who she is or even his sister's name. His sister would be old enough to be on her own and be out of the abusive situation. does anyone have possible access to the local high school year books? maybe his sister could be found this way. I think if contact was made with either the sister or mother then possible DNA could be compared, that is if they are willing to do so.

I am curious as to whether or not the mother's bf was ever questioned in the disappearance of this little boy and his grandfather. According to the link I posted from Pima County, the bf and grandfather didn't get along (I can't remember how it was stated.)

Here's just a little bit of extra info I found. Don't know that it will help but I will put it out here anyway.

I found what I believe is the grandfather's birthdate, April 20th, 1933 in Indiana.

It lists his parents as John and Georgie. Also Roland was spelled "Rolland". This came from the Bloomfield Library. Seems like most Himebrooks came from that area. Could he have taken Richard back there to family?

Also on another site that listed the disappearance there were 2 responses and one mentioned that a person "AD" was putting in a septic system and they believed he might have killed them and buried them under it. Said they were family and they thought this was a possibility and that they reported it police but nothing was done.

The second response asked why they thought that as they were family of Roll, also. (note the spelling).

Found an "AD" who still lives in the Pima County, AZ area and based on his age it could be the one they mentioned.

Here's just a little bit of extra info I found. Don't know that it will help but I will put it out here anyway.

Also on another site that listed the disappearance there were 2 responses and one mentioned that a person "AD" was putting in a septic system and they believed he might have killed them and buried them under it. Said they were family and they thought this was a possibility and that they reported it police but nothing was done.

The second response asked why they thought that as they were family of Roll, also. (note the spelling).

Found an "AD" who still lives in the Pima County, AZ area and based on his age it could be the one they mentioned.

Wow. that is disturbing. I found Rolland's Indiana ties too as well as a note in a geneaology database that said:

"Notes for Rolland Richard Himebrook:
Uncle Bud, (Rolland Richard) disappeared along with his grandson, Ritchie Gorham, in the spring of 1986. The local police found Uncle Bud's car in the desert near Tucson in the fall of 1987. Jon, his brother, went to Arizona in August of 198, but no answers. "

There are cases in NamUs and NCMEC which are far older than Richard and his grandfathers. If it were an older custody dispute that is usually when older cases sometimes don't make these databases.

Keep us posted on whatever you might find out from the agency handling Richards MP case.

I contacted the Pima Sheriff with Jason Doe's info and asked about the databases. They told me they were going to run DNA and get back to me about the databases. They guessed that the case didn't qualify for some reason. All this is going to take awhile.

Charon,

I have tried to reach you by telephone but have been unable to do so. Regarding your John Doe, he is definitely NOT Richard Gorham. I placed the DNA profiles of Richard Gorham’s mother and father in the CODDIS Missing Persons Section in 2007. I would think that the DNA profile of your John Doe was placed into CODDIS as well. If they were the same person, CODDIS would make an immediate notification to the investigators handling the cases.

Thank you for your interest. We have many cases that we are just hoping someone will come forward with the information we need to identify a victim, or the murderer, so I appreciate your taking the time and making an effort to help.

If you have any further questions, please contact me, Detective Ken Badyl, Pima County Sheriff’s Department, Cold Case Homicide Unit, at (520)-351-8445.

Richard was NOT abducted by his grandfather. Richard was living with his grandfather because neither the grandfather nor the 11 year old boy liked his mother's new husband. The step father was a suspect, but there was inadequate evidence to support a case. The grandfather's car was found abandoned, and it was a friend of the grandfather who reported he and the grandson missing. They are both listed on the Charlie Project, Doe Network, and Porchlight Intl. NamUs was only founded 7 years ago, and they are still loading cases. I spent the last two months researching all Alaska MPs and then Alabama MPs and loaded about 50 cases. I am just starting with Arizona and I am finding a lot of cases missing, and some have unexplainedly been removed, yet I have found no news casts, newspapers or missing site that shows the case as solved or remains found, so I don't quite know what to think. The Arizona Clearinghouse, unlike other states, doesn't even have a missing persons master list. Phoenix and Tucson both have county lists but they appear to have dropped older cases and I haven't yet found any other Arizona references. I have even come across children that are still missing in Alabama and not on the Missing and Exploited web site. I don't know what to think about some these cases, I'll be driving Dustin (Arizona NamUs) crazy over the coming months. So far everyone I have worked with at NamUs has been really great.

The bulletin is no longer available, but I couldn't find where Pima County had any listings. I gotta say, been doing a lot of Arizona research and found that NamUs for this state seems to be missing a lot of stuff. Found a case from 1996 where the son, who lived in a state where his father had never lived did the report, so it isn't even in the Arizona listings.

I am the granddaughter and sister of these two. I was 6 at the time. I just happened to Google my grandads name and all this came up. It really hit home. Thanks for putting all this out there. We have not heard anything for about 10years from the sheriffs office and all they wanted was DNA samples.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back