What Do You Think the SA Should Have Asked, But Didn't

shgrbkr

Reaction score
Occasionally, while watching the trial, I find myself wondering,"Why didn't they bring such-and-such up?" By the time I get to the computer to see if anyone else here had the same thought, I forget what exactly it is...(yes, they do say memory loss at my age is common...)

Anyway, the one thing today that struck me was that Caylee's favorite babydoll was still in the car when the A's got it home. I was just thinking that wouldn't that seem weird to CA that Caylee's been gone about a month traipsing around Florida with Zanny the Nanny and she left her favorite doll behind? When my kids were little, you could NOT forget something like that. Insomuch as KC was claiming that Zanny just didn't bring her back, you'd naturally wonder why didn't Caylee take the doll with her? Wouldn't "zanny" have wanted it? It was truly a giant red flag. Not only the doll but the backpack as well.

So, if there are others here that would like to chime in on this, please do!!

Occasionally, while watching the trial, I find myself wondering,"Why didn't they bring such-and-such up?" By the time I get to the computer to see if anyone else here had the same thought, I forget what exactly it is...(yes, they do say memory loss at my age is common...)

Anyway, the one thing today that struck me was that Caylee's favorite babydoll was still in the car when the A's got it home. I was just thinking that wouldn't that seem weird to CA that Caylee's been gone about a month traipsing around Florida with Zanny the Nanny and she left her favorite doll behind? When my kids were little, you could NOT forget something like that. Insomuch as KC was claiming that Zanny just didn't bring her back, you'd naturally wonder why didn't Caylee take the doll with her? Wouldn't "zanny" have wanted it? It was truly a giant red flag. Not only the doll but the backpack as well.

So, if there are others here that would like to chime in on this, please do!!

I would agree with you about the Mama Doll thing but IIRC, Caylee had several Mama Dolls.

Good thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would want them to ask:
1. TL - why didn't Caylee spend the night at his house? How did he feel about having kids? Did you and casey have sex on the 17th of June, 2008 all day?
2. CA - Did you ever have suspicions that casey was not working prior to July 15, 2008? Did you ever confront her about it? Ever argue about whether you would babysit for her or not? Do you know how casey got the money she used to purchase things after Caylee was born? Do you ever remember GA showing up unexpectedly at Sport's Authority to see if casey was working there? Did that upset you? Why? Did you ever tell casey she was an unfit mother? Why? Did you ever feel casey was jealous of the bond you had with Caylee? Did GA ever ask about casey or Caylee during the 31 days they were "missing"? Did he seem concerned?
3. GA - ETA - have to go. I will add more later.

I think the state should have asked Cindy if Casey wanted to adopt out her baby before having her and I think they should have asked today if Casey wore baggy clothing around for a month or so up until the day of the wedding. I'm sick of hearing the business about Cindy somehow forcing Casey to keep her baby just because she told some friend that she was thinking of adopting out, but Cindy wouldn't allow it. Casey lies and just because she said it to someone doesn't make it true. Someone is on the dr drew show talking about and accusing Cindy right now.

I wish they would ask, " Where was Caylee the morning after she spent the night at Ricardo's", and Casey told Ricardo she had taken Caylee home to Cindy when he asked where she was the next morning.
This has always really bugged me!

I'd want them to ask CA, since finding out that ICA wasn't working, where does she think that ICA got the money to buy items for Caylee. I want them to ask CA, on the average, how much money to they think ICA spent weekly on Caylee's food, diapers, toiletries, etc. I know that they probably can't go there with the questioning, but it would be nice to know what CA thinks. Or can they now only ask questions that are prescreened through the DA? I have no idea how that works on what's allowed and at what time it can be brought in.

I would have expected the SA to ask Cindy if ICA had ever told her that George and/or Lee were molesting her.

It :innocent:wouldn't be allowed but I would like the SA to have asked CA if anyone else in her family made money selling photos to Media?

Mine is with TL - why wasn't he asked about him waking up in the middle of the night to ICA shaking and sweating and pretty much freaking out?

I also wanted them to get the neighbors who heard a fight on June 15 to testify. Then again, maybe there wasn't one. I hope they ask Lee about the choking incident.

I would have expected the SA to ask Cindy if ICA had ever told her that George and/or Lee were molesting her.

That is what my daughter said today too. But I think that might be opening a big can of worms. :worms: It opens the way for Baez to explore that issue wildly.

My Mom brought up a good point that I think SA should somehow mention. If Caylee always had her doll with her then how did it get in the car? If Caylee drowned like the Defense said, wouldn't the doll have been in the house? Cindy said that the doll had that smell to it so wouldn't it seem more likely that the doll was with Caylee and she died in the car?

I would like to have had the prosecution ask Cindy Anthony this(maybe this asked, I am watching it on the dvr right now)

"When Casey was a young girl,looking back, did you have problems with her lying and throwing tantrums?"

"What happened when you found out she stole money from your mother?"

That is what my daughter said today too. But I think that might be opening a big can of worms. :worms: It opens the way for Baez to explore that issue wildly.

Ah, yes, I see what you mean, katydid. Very smart move on their part then... and I wouldn't expect any less. :)

The State won't bring up anything more than what they NEED.

True. I don't mean this as criticism of the job the SA is doing, I was just wondering "out loud" on the computer, which made me curious as to what others might be wondering about as well. I'm no lawyer, for sure, but I do have curiosities.

I think the SA should have allowed Cindy to answer JB's question about if she believes now that Caylee is dead. That could have opened the door to the fact that at the depositions, both LA and CA said they thought she was still alive even after the remains were found and what has caused their thinking to chnage just to give the jurors a little window into what the defense is doing and shoot down the credibility of the OS of the defense.
I was FLOORED that JB was stupid enough to ask this..
Perhaps the SA didn't want CA to have to go through that? WDYT?

Wish the state would have asked Cindy if KC told her that the body was on Suburban and if she told DomC to look for her there.

ETA-Maybe they will...

Mine is with TL - why wasn't he asked about him waking up in the middle of the night to ICA shaking and sweating and pretty much freaking out?

I think neither side wants this brought up. This matches with the state's case - that casey has consciousness of guilt. But it also matches with the defense - that she was grief stricken but choking it down (ahem BS ahem).

I want to know why when the SA asked Cindy when she stopped looking for
zanny and CA said "about six weeks ago", why didnt they ask her why, or what changed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back