Talking Heads Analysis Examined

costalpilot

Reaction score
Website
www.pearltatman.com
Don't know if anyone else might be interested in this, or if it needs to be merged, but, lets take a look at particular TV "experts" and their analysis as it unfolds.

Personally, I am struck by what I perceive to be a "special relationship" between Beth K. and JB, which I picked up on just prior to opening statements, when BK strongly emphasized her suspicions of Roy Kronk, and, lo and behold, just minutes later it developed that JB made a VERY big deal about K. Was Beth's RK emphasis sagacious insight
or was she privy to what JB was going to say?

Thats certainly open to interpretation. I have my opinion. As the trial has happened, I have been paying close attention to what BK says. Sometimes she seems neutral, sometimes she points out weaknesses in both cases.

But sometimes she just takes a position that is just NOT TRUE and usually if not always, it is in favor of the defense.

Just now, the IS host pointed out that it might be significant that the DT did not question LA about his "alleged" sexual "encounter/attempt" with ICA, and made the inference that the lack of questioning should be considered a loss for the DT.

BK said, NO..." Well, it isn't really part of the defense. The defense is that GA did, not LA. And that G. was complicit in the cover up of the death of Caylee , which was an accidental drowning. Lee really didnt factor into that. Well what has been elicited so far really wasnt in front of the jury. It was TL making a proffer in front of the judge as to what his testimony would be. Its not coming in. ...however if Casey gets on the stand and says it, it might become an issue but not until then."

This is clearly, imo, pro dt analysis, that is misleading, and actually untrue.
JB said, in his opening statement that LA had made inappropriate sexual moves (my words) on ICA, and he tied the behavior to his accustaions against GA, saying LA's weren't as successful. But he made the point, that it happened and it IS part of his bigger point that it was a toxic family that warped poor ICA so horribly she .....blah, blah,blah.

The point here is that Beth K. disagreed with the valid point the host was making, and discounted it as being not important.

imo, it is an example of BK pandering to the DT, and attempting to obscure a really important point, which is that the dt failed to support a major part of their "story" about the toxic family in their examination of LA by not mentioning the supposed sexual misbehavior = toxic family theory.

I would appreciate further discussion on Beth K. or any other commentator, pro or con.

I am beginning to appreciate Casey Jordan's commentary.

I think much of what is done and said is about ratings and nothing more. Not to say BK doesn't have any sort of relationship with JB but let's remember, while there is a life or death situation playing out in the courtroom right now, the Talking Heads are there for ratings. This is "info-tainment." If there was no up and down, no roller coaster ride...one minute the Defense is ahead....next minute it is the State in the lead....it makes for "exciting tv." That's what I think it's all about for them essentially.

I still say that what Jose is hoping comes out of this trial is a permanent gig as the "legal analyst" on one of these shows.

I was confused at first ,with Sunny Hostis (sp)because ,as a prosecutor she usually took the SA's position. I became concerned when she started praising the DT and say they were scoring points,while pointing perceived pitfalls in the states case.
I've come to realize that ,since Casey Jordan joined IS ,she assumed that role,so SH must have been given the role of bolstering the defense.

I was confused at first ,with Sunny Hostis (sp)because ,as a prosecutor she usually took the SA's position. I became concerned when she started praising the DT and say they were scoring points,while pointing perceived pitfalls in the states case.
I've come to realize that ,since Casey Jordan joined IS ,she assumed that role,so SH must have been given the role of bolstering the defense.

yes. are they "assigned" support roles. sounds innocent, and fair and balanced, on its face.

I have found from my own experience that relationships of trust develop when doing this kind of thing daily, and reporters *spits cause most of these aren't* do get told things and sometimes to intentionally "leak." Not a word has to be spoken between the two parties, you just know. I had a great relationship with the police on my beat, it was the departments ruling that no one could speak to the media except a Sgt or above. Many a time I would ask a question to a lower officer on scene (only because there were no Sgts there) and although I knew I couldn't get a direct answer, their "look" would put me on track.
The trouble with talking heads is that they make themselves look clever by hinting at things, in this case - Kronk. TH's also seem to forget what the average person is like too. These people are lawyers turned journalists, and anyone with half a brain is going to use them to get the word out, and journalists get to use them back.
The state has previously "leaked" information too but I noticed BK's favourtism of JB too.

thank you so much. i just worry a bit that Beth K. may take it too far. as in the example IO used today. it is just wrong to assert that JB not supporting his "toxic family" theory with LA is of no consequence.

imo.

I have found from my own experience that relationships of trust develop when doing this kind of thing daily, and reporters *spits cause most of these aren't* do get told things and sometimes to intentionally "leak." Not a word has to be spoken between the two parties, you just know. I had a great relationship with the police on my beat, it was the departments ruling that no one could speak to the media except a Sgt or above. Many a time I would ask a question to a lower officer on scene (only because there were no Sgts there) and although I knew I couldn't get a direct answer, their "look" would put me on track.
The trouble with talking heads is that they make themselves look clever by hinting at things, in this case - Kronk. TH's also seem to forget what the average person is like too. These people are lawyers turned journalists, and anyone with half a brain is going to use them to get the word out, and journalists get to use them back.
The state has previously "leaked" information too but I noticed BK's favourtism of JB too.

I think much of what is done and said is about ratings and nothing more. Not to say BK doesn't have any sort of relationship with JB but let's remember, while there is a life or death situation playing out in the courtroom right now, the Talking Heads are there for ratings. This is "info-tainment." If there was no up and down, no roller coaster ride...one minute the Defense is ahead....next minute it is the State in the lead....it makes for "exciting tv." That's what I think it's all about for them essentially.

I still say that what Jose is hoping comes out of this trial is a permanent gig as the "legal analyst" on one of these shows.

BBM: Exactly! It's all about the ratings. I have learned to tune them out most of the time, because all of them have a different opinion, and I can't agree with all of them. I like most of them, but they love that camera.

Jose will never be a legal analyst, IMO, because he is not that smart. I wonder how he ever passed the bar.

I don't watch Beth.K I find her ignorant of proven facts. For anyone supposedly following the case she is disingenuous to say the least. It is obvious she has information from the source to advocate as she does, anything from this particular talking head should be ingested with a huge rock of salt.

I don't watch Beth.K I find her ignorance of proven facts. For anyone supposedly following the case she is disingenuous to say the least. It is obvious she has information from the source to advocate as she does, anything from this particular talking head should be ingested with a huge rock of salt.

Not so ... use HER. Take note of what she says about the DT and watch it unfold. You can prepare yourself for the next boobshell :)

Not so ... use HER. Take note of what she says about the DT and watch it unfold. You can prepare yourself for the next boobshell :)

Maybe I misunderstand you, but that is what I said.....she is an advocate and mouthpiece for the DT..that's where she gets her advance information from.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back