Detective Hosey's testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
111-3.jpg

during the time we were they she was talking about she and her mother were not getting along and she wanted to keep the mother from getting the child from her.

LDB: did you locate the child?

no

LDB: follow proceedure and call a det?

Yes, Yuri Melich

LDB: is it now the detective that needed to follow up?

correct

HHJP: cross examination.

CM: you still work with sheriff?

yes

CM: why out of uniform?

wanted to wear suit to look nice?

CM: ?

promoted to lutenit (gosh, sorry)

correct

CM: become familiar with area you are assigned to?

currently?

CM: this sector we were talking about?

my deputies had responsibilites in the area

CM: when they said hopespring dr, you knew where hopespring drive was?

no

CM: never heard about this family before? (names each member)

no

CM: when arrived how many deputies?

flecher and alsavedo

CM: full uniform?

yes

CM: guns tasers

yes

CM: marked cars?

yes

CM: three marked cars?

correct

CM: how long the other deputies had been there when you arrived?

thirty min

CM: did you hear first call that dispached fletcher

yes

CM: stolen car?

yes

CM: did you find out it was bogus?

I had other deputies going other places other calls going out, didn't really hear that.

CM: was casey handcuffed?

I dont recall?

CM: do you recall telling a deputy to take the handcuffs off of casey?

no I don't

CM: since we took your depo didn't you get to discuss that subject?

yes

CM: weren't you advised she was handcuffed?

objection
sustained

CM: has court reported repeat

yes

CM: but not in your presence?

I don't remember her being handcuffed.

CM: okay. you directed the drive to sawgrass?

correct

CM: were you present when casey left in the marked car?

yes

CM: she was put in the back what you refer to the cage?

she has a cage in back yes

CM: casey was in the cage?

yes, she rode in the back

CM: when you approached hopespring drive, first time?

yes

CM: was the garage open or closed?

open

CM: trunk?

open

CM: go up to car?

yes

CM: did you smell a foul odor?

I did

CM: did you report to CSI?

I didn't talk to our forensic unit that night

CM: you did not inspect the trunk that night

no I didn't

CM: no reports

no I didn't

CM: when you decided to separate kc from the rest you wanted to be alone?

yes

CM: in full uniform?

correct

CM: she went with you?

40 yards

CM: and you talked with her?

yes

CM: you or any officers at any time advise her of miranda?

I am not aware of anyone doing that

CM: did she have a method or manner of getting out of the patrol car?

yes, she could have asked to go.

CM: can she open the door herself?

no, only the officer

CM: can physical do it?

only from the outside

CM: where you present when miss anthony was returned from the field trip to sawgrass?

yes

CM: did she say see ya have a good time going out?

she was led into the house

CM: by a deputy

correct

CM: she was taken inside and kept inside till

aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

this is poor poor casey...so terribly intimidated by these BIG bad officers who were, in UNIFORM!

CM: so for that time kc is in the family home with at least three deputies waiting for YM?

not really. they were not all in there going back and forth to cars getting statements.

CM: in the house?

I was back in forth with phone calls and checking my computer.

CM: you wouldn't let anybody leave, would you?

I couldn't say I wouldn't have.

CM: were you there when YM came and interviewed Casey

I don't remember how long I was there after he arrived.

CM: he takes over?

(longer) yes

CM: you are not in the chain of ?

no

CM: when you did your walk not privy to any statements

correct

CM: only time you had to do with any of it was the protesters that have nothing better to do with their lives...

objection

CM: (IMHO: really, he was babbling...on and on about protestors...) :dunno:

Dep. Hosey on stand w/LBD....

Hosey doesn't remember telling deputies to collect anything from TL....Dep Ryan Williams returned w/cellphone from TL......take written statement from parties @ residence.....included statement from kc.....after her written statement obtained had a conversation with her....walked and talked with her briefly....child issue was in play....deputies were not there to take her child from her just wanted location of the child to ensure she was ok.....child kidnapped? not kidnapped just missing didn't know whereabouts.....after kc returned from Sawgrass Apts without the child.....kc mentioned Caylee was with ZTN during our conversation....kc agreed to accompany on short walk away from house....multiple deputies on scene . . .as Supv there walk away...previous conversations kc and her Mother werent' getting along, her parents weren't getting along, CA threaten to take baby from KC...no orders to take the child from her reassure kc just there to help.....kc constantly talking about CA and KC not getting along wanted to keep CA from getting the child.....no further success in locating child.....followed OSCO procedure contact Corp. Yuri Melich......in Detective Unit would have followed up ....

Cross Exam....

CM up
Good Afternoon you are out of uniform...still work for Sheriff....want to wear a suit today and look nice.....promoted to Lietenant (sic?) 6 sectors.....Sheriff on top . . .then a bunch of brass and then you come....correct......he was only in charge of a squad not the sector but had duties within the sector.....don't recall if actually knew of the location on Hopespring....never heard of A's before....not on his radar screen....when he arrived Corp. Fletcher and Dep Acevado.....full uniform, guns & tasers, marked patrol cars X3 @ the house.....know how long other deputies been there before you? 20-30 min before arrival.....Brendon F call for a suspected stolen car......find out shortly that was bogus? I really didn't know had other deputies and other calls going out....was kc handcuffed? don't recall.....recall telling Dep. to uncuff her .....take handcuffs off kc....don't remember.......since took Depo November last year had time to discuss w/SA? yes....were you advised she was cuffed? object-overrule
yes.......not in your presence? Don't remember her being handcuffed........ok.....directed drive to Sawgrass Apts...present when kc departed Dep. Acevado patrol car . . .put in the back in the cage.....kc put in the cage....yes she ride in rear of vehicle.....approach Hopespring first time ever been there.....garage open.....trunk open......go up to car? yes....smell foul odor? yes....report CSI? no....I don't believe talk toforensic unit that night nor conduct any inspection....didn't write any report in this case.....separate kc from rest of people.....alone to talk with her in full uniform....she went with you 40 paces....40 yards....talked to her......anyone give kc Miranda Warning . . . I am not aware of anyone doing that.......she have ability to get out of cage in Dep. Acevado? yes she could ask the Dep to get out but can't get out from the inside of those vehicles......when return from Sawgrass . . .led into her house by full uniformed armed deputies on scene . . .taken inside house kept there until YM arrived...talked to several dep's in there.....I thought there were only 3 now several? Deps on scene....all Deps could have been in house at one time yes.....how long before YM showed up from your call? a couple hours or 1 1/2 hrs....kc in the family home with at least 3 deputies waiting for YM.....Dep.s weren't there all at the same time while waitin on YM....walking in and out.....I was back and forth between house and car and looking on computer.....nobody left...You weren't going to let anybody leave? I cant say that I would not have......dont know how long stayed after YM arrived.....road patrol is preliminary investigation until Detectives arrive....not in the chain of custody.....not statements given by anyone....only time to go back when protesters who have nothing to do in their life protesters at the house (object-) Nothing to do with case at all after this night? None at all.

CM is done

Redirect LDB

Hosey was told by kc child was alive/well/with a babysitter she couldn't contact at that moment....didn't want CA to have contact with her child that evening...assignments to deputies @ scene important to gather info from people who are there, in the house GA, CA, LA...Hosey doesn't remember LA leaving and returning......no effort to stop LA, CA, GA or KC from leaving if they wanted to leave.....no body said they want to leave....all appear to be cooperating w/deputies to locating Caylee.....kc went w/Dep. Acevado . . .instructed Deputy to maintain communication to ensure kc going voluntary.....(object) repeat question .....yes........Hosey there when kc returned and free to walk about house, no one told her she couldnt leave, spoke to her briefly away from family spoke freely and didn't say didn't want to go away from family, no handcuffs @ that point....

Re-direct
CM...was GA all upset or calm? overall calm he voiced concerns about kc behavior....he was pretty calm.....he advised was an ex-cop......CA wasn't calm . .. upset/tearful/angry/lots emotions and calm at points that night......kc had flat affect whole time he knows what flat affect means.....

Witness step down...

LDB: on july 15 2008 were you advised by kc her child was alive?

yes

LDB: her child was well?

yes

LDB: with a baby sitter that she could not contact at that moment?

correct

LDB: that she didn't want her mother to have contact with child that eve?

yes

LDB: when you make assignments to the deputies at the scene is it important that they gather info and take statement?

yes

LDB: the individuals in the house would include George, Cindy and Lee, do you remember Lee?

yes I do

LDB: Lee leaving and returning?

no, not leaving and returning

LDB: did you make and effort to stop Lee or Cindy or Casey or George if they wanted to leave?

no

LDB: did they want to leave?

no

LDB: were they co operating to find Caylee?

yes

LDB: when KC went in the police car did you instruct asivedo to make sure miss anthony was going freely.

yes

LDB: you were there when miss a returned?

yes

LDB: free to walk about the house?

yes

LDB: did you tell her she couldn't leave?

I did not tell her

LDB: when you wanted to speak with you was she speaking freely as best you could tell?

yes

LDB: did you have her in handcuffs?

no I did not.

CM: hippa hopa biipa blbubu. Was George calm?

overall calm but voiced the same concerns as Cindy

CM: but he was pretty calm

yes

yes

CM: and cindy wasn't calm?

tearful, angry lots of different emotions.

CM: upset tearful angry sometimes calm

yes

CM: casey had a flat affect?

yes

CM: do you know what that means?

yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online