Identified! UT - Roy, LIVING girl, 2/3 years old, found wandering, Jun'11 - Name withheld

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
girljw.jpg

About 6:45 a.m., a motorist spotted a young girl, about 2 or 3 years old...

As of noon, no one had stepped forward to report a missing child.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=15803354

“She is dressed appropriately, looks like she has been well-cared for,
” he said. “We haven’t been able to find anybody who is missing her.”

“Now, we have a concern about what’s going on on the other end,”
he said. “This is way outside of anything that is normal.”

http://www.standard.net/topics/miss...ying-find-parents-toddler-found-walking-alone

It sounds very possible that this will turn out to be a weird miscommunication between her parents - with both of them believing the other was driving her to daycare, and instead she got left in the driveway.

There is an update on the first link that her mother has been located, but no details. I'm interested to see how this one plays out.

I can't imagine not realizing my child is missing for more than 5 hours. If it was a daycare she walked away from, someone is so fired.

I figured they'd find her family pretty fast.

Isn't 6:30ish early for a daycare? I would think so... but I would also think the officers would have checked daycares in the immediate area anyway...

I'm extremely interested as well, because I'm 99% sure I recognize that child.

I'm really glad that she wasn't hit by a car or picked up by someone evil. Glad she is okay.

A Roy police dispatcher confirmed the parents were reached at 12:30 p.m.

Police were investigating, but would not immediately offer further details on the circumstances surrounding the incident — including reports that the girl had been left in the care of babysitters.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51933483-78/police-girl-parents-roy.html.csp

Roy police find mother of lost girl, questions still unanswered

A young girl was found wandering next to the road here early Thursday. After a five-hour search, the girl's mother has been located.

More information on the parents will be posted as it becomes available.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=15803354

I am always amazed that people stop when they see a child wandering. They certainly don't in our area... People will stop if a baby is crawling in the road.. but it is simply NOT unusual for a 2 year old to be walking down the sidewalk completely alone. It is not likely someone is going to stop for that.

I am guessing this motorist stopped because of the area, which is much different than my area. It probably isn't a normal sight in that area.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=15803354

It turned out the family member's tip was correct. About 12:45 p.m. police went to a house about 50 yards away from where the girl was first spotted walking along the road. Four adults were inside the house.

"Until they were told she wasn't there, they didn't know she wasn't there," Whinham said. "They were just clueless as to what was going on."

The young girl was the daughter of a woman who had been staying at the house the past few days, he said. The woman's sister also lives in the house. The girl's mother reportedly left the four other adults in the house in charge of her daughter Wednesday evening after she had to leave, Whinham said.

Why the adults didn't notice the child was missing, or why she hadn't been fed or cared for in six hours, was being investigated Thursday afternoon.

.. but it is simply NOT unusual for a 2 year old to be walking down the sidewalk completely alone. It is not likely someone is going to stop for that.
Really? I would not hesitate to stop for a kid that young on a sidewalk or road if there were no sign of a parent/caretaker. I wouldn't grab the child up and put her in my car, but I would pull over and observe for a while, and then call the police rather than leave the kid alone. A wandering child is not something I would overlook or shrug off. Maybe it's because I'm originally from a small town?

So noone had made this child breakfast or changed her diaper or even checked on her ? Unreal ! I am grateful she is safe but whoever her caretaker is ...they need some parenting classes NOW

I dont understand how this could be- a 2 year old is missing from 6.45am in the morning and they dont realise it. Its a long time since I have had a two year old living in the house but from memory 6.45am(or probably earlier)to 12.30pm would include the two year old getting up, breakfast drink of milk snacks, dressing, washing face, doing teeth, going outside to play while I hung out the washing, reading books, watching a baby dvd maybe going to playgroup, going for a walk with two year old in a stroller. You cant forget a two year in the house . How did they manage it?

Apparently the mother had to leave and left her child in the care of four adults who were in the house. I guess every one of those adults thought someone else was taking care of this little girl.

I hope this is a wake-up call for all involved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back