2011.06.03 Geraldo Rivera's statement on Fox & Friends

AquaEyes

Reaction score
This my first time starting a thread. If I did anything wrong, or if it doesn't fit or whatever, do what you will! :)

Did anyone hear Geraldo Rivera's assertion this morning on F&F that he believes that the police were treating ICA as a suspect when they were interrogating her and the fact that they didn't Mirandize her beforehand, will allow a conviction to be overturned?

What do you all think?

Aqua

Hi Acqua Eyes
Sorry nothing from me, I do not watch nor listen to anything Geraldo has to say, good or bad.

My mom heard him say that over the weekend as well. But wasn't all of this covered in court during the month of March?

Not gonna happen.

Sorry, Geraldo, wrong AGAIN

I usually enjoy watching F&F but every Friday morning when they bring him on, I switch the channel. He's BFFs with JB.

Geraldo and JB are good buddies. JB needs the media spin and Geraldo needs something to sensationalize. Listening to the two of them is a waste . . . a huge waste.
:loser:

Does he mean when she was at Universal and YM was really grilling her? She was free to leave at any point of that interview and was not in custody so they wouldn't need to read her her Miranda rights. Geraldo loves blowing smoke for the defense, IMO.

His statement certainly underscores the reasons why he is not a practicing attorney. :D

This my first time starting a thread. If I did anything wrong, or if it doesn't fit or whatever, do what you will! :)

Did anyone hear Geraldo Rivera's assertion this morning on F&F that he believes that the police were treating ICA as a suspect when they were interrogating her and the fact that they didn't Mirandize her beforehand, will allow a conviction to be overturned?

What do you all think?

Aqua

He's a pimping tool for the defense. He has no credibility, and grasps at anything to make him appear controversial and as a result appear relevant.
Basically, he's a joke.
And pre-trial hearings already addressed this. Screams that the defense is desperate.

I will not watch Geraldo anymore since he hasn't taken sides with JB. I always turn him off. When Kimberly Guilfoyle is on, she makes a lot more sense and is more credible than Geraldo.. IMO

I made a similar comment to a friend last night. I did not listen to the motions so do not know why the Judge ruled the way he did. However, I am suprised that the Judge allowed the statements at Universal into evidence both on custody "issues" and "interrogation" issues.

My hubby said same thing and he is not BFF with JB but he said she shouldve been read Miranda Rights before they tapedand questioned her.
I dont know. IMO it seems they were questioning her to get anything that would lead them to Caylee at the time. It was a missing person report..
they never told her she couldnt leave so Im confused.
She couldve left at anytime and not answered their questions? Maybe Richard Hornsby can fill us in as to when a person needs to be read miranda rights?

Geraldo is a huge waste! His comments are biased due to his friendship with Baez. IMO

They were there to investigate a missing child!
They went to Universal to recover the "missing" Blackjack, to gain info on ZFG, JH and JL.
WHY would they read her the Miranda warning???

They were there to investigate a missing child!
They went to Universal to recover the "missing" Blackjack, to gain info on ZFG, JH and JL.
WHY would they read her the Miranda warning???

I know! Geraldo is a hack attorney, IMO. They were trying to find her daughter, and she was lying to them. They were just trying to get answers. She wasn't under arrest.

She went to them for help. Well actually, Cindy. But it's not like Casey was just walking down the street, and they detained her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hubby said same thing and he is not BFF with JB but he said she shouldve been read Miranda Rights before they tapedand questioned her.
I dont know. IMO it seems they were questioning her to get anything that would lead them to Caylee at the time. It was a missing person report..
they never told her she couldnt leave so Im confused.
She couldve left at anytime and not answered their questions? Maybe Richard Hornsby can fill us in as to when a person needs to be read miranda rights?

It is not if she could get up and leave at any time. It is based on if she felt she was free to walk out at any time. Would a reasonable person feel that they could refuse to talk to the police and walk out of that conference room when they arrived in the back of the police car?

Also, the Fourth requirement for Miranda is if the statements were made in response to police conduct that constituted an interrogation. In Rhode Island v. Innis the Supreme Court defined interrogation as express questioning and "any words or actions on the part of the police (other than those normally attendant to arrest and custody) that the police should know are reasonably likely to elicit an incriminating response from the suspect."

Again, I don't know why the Judge ruled the way he did but I am very surprised that was allowed in.

I agree with the statements that GR is a joke when it comes to law. I did not realize he was friends with JB.

And that is true, the police were just looking for Caylee and Zanny and were trying to get info out of ICA any way they could. Thanks for bringing up that she could have left at any time.

Y'all are the best....

He nearly ruined my day!

Who said that?

Oh Geraldo.

Nothing to see here, moving along.

IChump: the fact that they were taping it....I do think they knew they were going to mke her a suspect. Most people dont know they have a right to stop answering and ask for an attorney.
They arrested her that night but I think it was on the check charges?
Cant remember!

I work for an attorney and I asked him this very question this morning about the Universal interview and no rights read. He said by the way the questioning ended up going and their pursuing her with the lie telling and you know where Caylee is and what if she's dead and decomposing etc. He said it was obvious they considered her a suspect in this missing child's case. He wasn't saying this to be nasty but that from their line of questioning regardless of her cooperation she should have been read her rights. JOO. She'll wait a long time for any overturn, appeal, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back