Match! TX - Houston, WhtFem UP4601, 15-20, Red Hair & Freckles, Jul'82 - Michelle Garvey

annemc2

her name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
artist's sketch of the young woman:

Attachments

• uid.jpg
    uid.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 2,209
Identifying marks: Suture scar on right foot (right side of the front part of the heel), freckles on face, severe nail biter, unerupted wisdom teeth

Also, a "100 Decker Drive" doesn't exist in Baytown, Tx. There is a 1000 Decker Drive, but the recovery location is listed as follows: 100 Decker Rd (I-10E at Crosby Lynchburg Rd). The crossroads they list would be the 7000 block of Decker Dr.

there is a Namus page for this UID, with no rule-outs listed.

**warning** below link contains postmortem pic in images section:

https://identifyus.org/cases/4601

it is beyond frustrating how information about the UID is not entered in Namus when it is found elsewhere. Namus has no fingerprint info yet her remains were 'fresh' enough for them to obtain her eye color, blue. Namus has no dental info while the previous post mentioned unerupted wisdom teeth and that she was a severe nail biter.

the face of the deceased looks to me at least to be over the age of 20. here is an interesting possible match, Tracy King, who ran away from a girl's home in Pennsylvania in 1975 at the age of 14.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2493/4/

like the UID Tracy had red hair and blue eyes. Tracy is listed as being 5'3", 110 lbs and she had a scar on her right ankle. The UID is listed as having a scar on her right foot.

the gap in time and distance is not really a problem as Tracy was a runaway. Tracy would have been about 21 in 1982.

Then the Namus page was created two years after she was identified. A mistaken ID or just a failure to update the UID list?

That is very odd. The UID project was started in May of 2011 and this doe was featured on the Chronicle blog. Hmmm.

I sent an e-mail to Rebecca Roberts of DoeNet to see if she can explain the discrepancy.

Did anybody ever hear back about this young woman? Thinking about her today...

No, but I just sent Rebecca another e-mail.

I presume that despite the identification this homicide hasn't been solved yet right? If not then there might be a link to the still unsolved I-45 corridor killings.

Did anybody ever hear back about this young woman? Thinking about her today...

No, but I just sent Rebecca another e-mail.

Rebecca responded:

Hello again Carl,

I've not been able to find much regarding this and am left with the conclusion that it had to have been in error.
I will remove it from the located section.
I'm also copying Dawn, our TX Area Director in case she has information regarding this case and also if it was in error, she can get the case added back on our site.
Thanks, as always for you assistance with cases.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/689dffl.html

Emma Lorene Vaughn
Missing since July 10, 1982 from Orlando, Orange County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: November 10, 1967
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" - 160 cm; 114 lbs - 52 kg
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
•Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her chin and a scar on her eyebrow. She has a birthmark on her left leg. She had a tendency to bite her fingernails.
•Dentals: Available. She has extensive dental work done. When she was last seen her left front tooth was chipped.
•AKA: Christine
•DNA: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Vaughn, mother of newborn son, was last seen walking down Robinson Street in Orlando, Florida. She was known to frequent South Orange Blossom Trail and South Street in Orlando. She was rumored to have last been seen in 1983. She was known to associate with prostitutes and strippers. She had been seen with labor pool workers, and was rumored to have gone to Tennessee with a gas station attendant. Her family lives in Missouri.

Nadine O'Dell does look very similar, but I'm not sure about the timing. She would have been missing for 8 years before being found in TX, and at that point she would have been 24. It's definitely possible.

Strikingly similar to this girl that went missing in 1977; http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sims_roxanne.html
sims_roxanne2.jpg
attachment.php

sims_roxanne.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members