Trial Analysis

Leila

Reaction score
We’re now two full weeks into this trial. On Friday, Linda Drane Burdick stated that the state expects to finish their case in chief on Friday June 17th, so we’re about half-way through the state’s case in chief.

For those who’ve watched this case unfold, we’ve read the discovery documents and have seen the evidence that’s been released, so we have a pretty good idea of what to expect the state to present in the next two weeks.

In the next two weeks we’ll see Dr. Vass on the witness stand along with other expert witnesses. We’ll likely see testimony from Tim Miller of TES regarding the searches done for Caylee. Will we hear testimony from Annie Downing, Dominic Casey, Jesse Grund, Shirley Plesea, and Rick Plesea?

I think the final phase of the state’s case will revolved around the discovery and recovery of Caylee’s remains, the autopsy report, the investigation by forensic investigators, and expert witnesses.

When the state finishes it’s case in chief, the defense will make it’s presentation. Just based on the accusations JB made in his opening statement, I think we can expect a bumpy ride. I doubt the defense will take anywhere near as long to make their presentation……….perhaps two weeks at the most. But I expect the defense to make allegations that can’t be proved and to throw a number of people under bus. I think Casey will testify.

Although we’ve only heard half of the state’s presentation, I feel we’ll see a guilty verdict in this case. But I’m not confident this jury will come back with a recommendation for the death penalty. During jury selection we saw that some of the jurors were not really pro death penalty. I think a LWOP is a more realistic expectation.

What are your expectations for the weeks ahead? Who do you think will be testifying for the state in the next two weeks? Who will be testifying for the defense? Any thoughts on what the defense will claim in presentation? What do you think the outcome will be?

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Watching Nancy Grace, her re-cap of the week, now on HLN, hearing Cindy testifying about Zanny The Nanny, which Baez repeats constantly, and Cindy's extreme factual details about these ficticious people, The Defense will call Cindy again, as she is bolstering their defense that Cindy, is so gullible, to also believe, all KC's stories, that surely she would miss any sexual abuse in her own home.

Watching Nancy Grace, her re-cap of the week, now on HLN, hearing Cindy testifying about Zanny The Nanny, which Baez repeats constantly, and Cindy's extreme factual details about these ficticious people, The Defense will call Cindy again, as she is bolstering their defense that Cindy, is so gullible, to also believe, all KC's stories, that surely she would miss any sexual abuse in her own home.

Good point!

During the defense's presentation I think they'll put Cindy and George on the stand with the goal of trying to make one or both of them to become so angry they'll have a meltdown on the witness stand - like the angry tempers we saw in the depositions by John Morgan in the civil case.

We've seen very little of JA on direct examination, I'm hoping it's because he's doing much of the cross.

I think the jury is properly primed to hear Vass, the discovery of Caylee's remains, and the horrible information from Dr. Garavaglia about the placement of that duct tape and her ruling of homicide. (I'm praying for a death band hair with that tape.)

I really don't think there's anything the DT can do with character assassination after character assassination. I predict the jury will be fed up with JB's antics soon after he begins. jmo

Justice for Caylee.

Good point!

During the defense's presentation I think they'll put Cindy and George on the stand with the goal of trying to make one or both of them to become so angry they'll have a meltdown on the witness stand - like the angry tempers we saw in the depositions by John Morgan in the civil case.

Wouldn't it be dangerous for the defense to call GA and have him again deny the molestation accusations? Especially if the defense has no "evidence" with which to impeach him. :waitasec:

Wouldn't it be dangerous for the defense to call GA and have him again deny the molestation accusations? Especially if the defense has no "evidence" with which to impeach him. :waitasec:

You just know that GA and CA must HATE Baez - they probably think he's brainwashed their daughter to say all the horrible things she has about them.

I predict quite a bit of drama when the defense presents its case -- like in the opening statements when JB barked out bombshells.

I don't think the jury will vote for the death penalty.

Or, the way I'd look at it is that since Cindy was always gullible enough to believe all of her darling daughter's incredulous lies- then why wouldn't Cindy believe Casey if she'd told her mother about being sexually abused by George.

I was wondering about this,is it not true that the SA has the DNA to prove that GA is not the father of Caylee,and if so when do you think they will bring this fact up to the jury? If I was on the jury I would certainly want to hear that just for my own piece of mind. JMHO:twocents:

Or, the way I'd look at it is that since Cindy was always gullible enough to believe all of her darling daughter's incredulous lies- then why wouldn't Cindy believe Casey if she'd told her mother about being sexually abused by George.

I personally think "dumping" on CA any more could back fire on the D/T. They already have seen what a big liar ICA is. I think CA will come across as another victim of ICA, and not an enabler,the jail house tapes have shown that side of her. How could you laugh,when your mother/father come to the jail and your mother's crying and you say, "what's she crying about already"?and then proceed to laugh,To me that was the most heartless part of the tapes JMHO :twocents:

No need to bring it up unless the defense goes there first. So far they have not, but then again, they haven't presented their case in chief yet. To bring it up would give credence to any of that garbage about GA molesting/abusing ICA.

So far the jury has seen ICA DENY a drowning theory, on videotape. They've seen GA kowtow to his daughter, making sure to not upset her and backing off when she loses her temper. It must be clear to the jury that ICA runs the show in that household, and has her parents under her thumb, at least to some extent.

Those 2 things alone discredit the drowning story as well as the abuse/keep a secret theory.

Then, when the M.E. presents the condition of the body, with the duck tape attached to the skull, that will be a powerful physical piece of evidence to discredit the 'accident' part of the theory.

I agree that it is most likely Casey will get LWOP. I think her being convicted of lesser charges than murder one is more likely to happen than the death penalty.

I will be shocked if the death penalty is chosen, frankly. It's very possible I don't understand what I need to understand to even make such a statement :D .

I see at most a LWOP conviction and will feel justice is served as much as possible in this world.

If I were in charge :p , justice for Caylee those who love her would be to give ICA a HEART, one that actually worked mind you. Imagine ICA, suddenly, with the unshielded awareness of what she's done, of who she IS, and that her life thus far has resulted in the kind of tragedies that wither the human soul.

I agree that it is most likely Casey will get LWOP. I think her being convicted of lesser charges than murder one is more likely to happen than the death penalty.

I will be shocked if the death penalty is chosen, frankly. It's very possible I don't understand what I need to understand to even make such a statement :D .

I see at most a LWOP conviction and will feel justice is served as much as possible in this world.

If I were in charge :p , justice for Caylee those who love her would be to give ICA a HEART, one that actually worked mind you. Imagine ICA, suddenly, with the unshielded awareness of what she's done, of who she IS, and that her life thus far has resulted in the kind of tragedies that wither the human soul.

I agree. I'm not for the death penalty. I want to watch her grow old and weary of all she has committed. I want to see her lose her youth and what she thinks is her "beauty" all behind bars. That's so much better than putting her out of her misery with death.

I was wondering about this,is it not true that the SA has the DNA to prove that GA is not the father of Caylee,and if so when do you think they will bring this fact up to the jury? If I was on the jury I would certainly want to hear that just for my own piece of mind. JMHO:twocents:
The Defence already revealed their implication in their OS. They stated that LA's DNA was taken to determine paternity; and blatantly left out any information about GA's possible paternity. They are also the only ones who have thus far brought up the fact that Caylee's father remains unknown. As such, they're implying that perhaps KC did not know who the father was; and that the father could have been a non-family member or a family member.

moo

I agree she will not get the DP. LWOP will allow her to continue to be the victim as she sees herself, much like Diane Downs, who has played the victim for 25+ yrs now. Her parents & brother will visit her and she'll cry about how everyone was out to get her and that will be the theme song for however many years.

Good point!

I wouldn't put it past JB to try to accomplish what you mentioned-but I think both CA and GA will be prepared for Baez and, as previous posters mentioned, I think the jurors have already had enough of Baez's antics.

Just curious...it seems to me that there's no reported negative behavior on Casey's part until after Caylee was born or have I missed something? Everything I've ever read seems to point to Casey being a normal kid and student who had normal friends yet you're saying "Cindy was always gullible enough to believe...." Is there info I've missed about her childhood?

Just curious...it seems to me that there's no reported negative behavior on Casey's part until after Caylee was born or have I missed something? Everything I've ever read seems to point to Casey being a normal kid and student who had normal friends yet you're saying "Cindy was always gullible enough to believe...." Is there info I've missed about her childhood?

My understanding was that ICA had lied about graduating all the way up until the day before graduation. Also, ICA lied about being pregnant for what, nearly 7 months? So, I think she started before she had Caylee just not sure at what age she started selling CA and GA her alternate life.

I think the defense will likely use video of George displaying anger as a means to show the jury that he's got a quick temper. If the defense is desperate enough they'll probably put George on the witness stand as one of their last witnesses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back