TX TX - San Antonio, BlkUnk 9-15, UP11726, Skull in backpack on vacant lot, Jun'11

Ms Suzanne

Reaction score
Do we know any more on this?Is there a map of the area?

Investigators at the Bexar County Medical Examiners' Office this weekend began the lengthy process of trying to identify a human skull found Friday.

Officials Saturday said they expect it will take time before they can determine the identity of the person whose skull was discovered inside a black backpack in a weed-filled area off Intestate 10 west of Camp Bullis on the Northwest Side.

Police said a brush-clearing crew working in a neighborhood of high-end homes at the Hidden Springs Estates near 6800 Manor Hill Road found the skull Friday morning.

The Medical Examiner has begun trying to determine the identity of the person, as well as how and when the person may have died.

More at link

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/articl...p#ixzz1ON8CYCoh

Video says remains were dumped there some time ago.I am interested in this.

I'm not an anthropologist, so I may be completely off on this, but I have one observation regarding the skull:

The brow appears smooth with very little ridge. That would seem to suggest that it is female. From what I've read, the skulls of adult males tend to have a prominent ridge above the eye sockets.

2861014500045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I still haven't seen anything new on this.I guess this will take awhile.

Leaving a head in a backpack on the side of highways does make them seem connected, especially since they were found like a year apart. I wonder if these two police agencies know about each case?

I seem to remember a case of a headless unidentified young black girl, found among junk in an abandoned building?

Could this be connected?

The St Louis body was initially thought to be an adult, until they saw she had no breasts. She would have been tallish for her age, estimated to be 8-11 years old. That fits the lower age estimate of the San Antonio skull. If the St Louis child was tall, her skull would have been big too; perhaps if her skull was ever found, they'd estimate the girl it belonged to to be aged 9-15 years.

I stumbled across this case a while ago and it still haunts me. I wonder why this poor kid doesn't have a reconstruction or anything. There isn't even a photo of the backpack, which might be recognisable or at least help narrow down the year.

Who is listed as ruled-out?
In my completely amateur opinion, we should be open to there being an error with regards to race, just in case. This child needs his or her name :(.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back