'Bizarre' Rabid Beaver Attacks Philadelphia Park Patrons (Maybe Offensive?)

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawMzOWJpemFycmUzOXI-

'Bizarre' Rabid Beaver Attacks Philadelphia Park Patrons
Jennifer Welsh, LiveScience Staff Writer
LiveScience.com Jennifer Welsh, Livescience Staff Writer
livescience.com – Mon Jun 6, 7:00 pm ET

A rabies-ridden beaver that wreaked havoc in a Philadelphia park, biting three residents over the last week, likely contracted the virus after a scuffle with a rabid raccoon, park rangers say....

All I'm gonna say is that I've had to deal with rabid beavers over the years and it's not fun. :tsktsk:

This ain't funny, Mister. I can't get the pop on the head smiley to work.

O.K. I get it that whenever I mentioned this to anyone they laughed in my face cause they live under a rock with the beaver. This was plastered all over our news. Rabid beavers are uncommon. Go right ahead and laugh.

Note I heard my DD talking to her friend and I hear her go "Hiking? For the crystals?" Her friend lives smack right where the part of Pennypack is this happened in. I can't mind my own business so I said "Tell her to stay out of there as there's rabid beavers in there". Fits of laughter on both ends of the phone. I got the newspaper and showed my DD and she was like "Whoa that's not normal". No it ain't especially to that lady, man and little kid minding their own business and being seriously injured.

On an aside we have a huge raccoon problem here. The inner city has raccoons living up on the roofs. We may not be afraid to go out and be shot, but he*l yeah we're afraid of raccons. You kidding me? Problem being that raccoon removal or displacement or whatever is not handled by the city. You're on your own. You know how much that costs to get a trap? People are barely eating and have utilities and we're gonna go buy traps from a professional?

Soooooooooooooo bunch of rabid raccoons equals rabid beavers equals I live in the city so why did I have a flippin raccon on my front lawn twice awhile back? I know, I know we took over their space. I know. However, I ain't walking ouyt my front door at night if there's a flippin Rocky Balboa Raccoon on my lawn. Drug dealers, prostitutes, thieves, murderers I walk out the door. A possible rabid raccoon no way.

Sorry for The Filly Soap Box! Rabid Beaver. There I said it again.

come on now ..no one complains when the beaver attacks..providing she is trimmed. :)

you know thats actually really rare . for either to have rabies... exspecially a beaver i can almost see why it happened though ,,if you have ever seen a racoon go fishing its amazing but in a beaver pond where they make it almost stagnent the water and lock the fish it .the racoon will come to the edge of the water and like once every few minutes ever so gently just dip a claw in just enough to make a ripple and as soon as the fish comes over thinking its a moth or some kinds big making the ripples thats when the racoon scoopes em up..i have seen em catch ten pound rainbow trout when the trout are spanning...but in doing that he prolly brought the beaver over and thats when the trash talkin started..haha

As if we needed another reason to hate raccoons! Hollywood take note: raccoons are NOT cute!

http://www.aspectofthehare.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/raccoon1.jpg
raccoon1.jpg

Racoons are cute....I live In Canada and ill take a racoon running around anyday over a stinking armedillo... and besides racoons can climb trees for a reason you know ..thats thier defense

Racoons are cute....I live In Canada and ill take a racoon running around anyday over a stinking armedillo... and besides racoons can climb trees for a reason you know ..thats thier defense

Racoons are cute as hell. Rabies are not. I live where I have raccoons, groundhogs, rats, foxes,etc.....I don't want to see any up close.
I can't comment on armedillo's since I have only seen them on TV. I do get scared because of my little and big pets......I don't want anything attacking my pets and I've hurt myself saving bunnies and birds from my pets trying to attack.
I like to see a picture of a raccoon but when I see them in my yard I do get scared.

No, for real........

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/08/rabid_beaver_ca.php

Are you kidding me? The Boy Scout guy got bit in the Delaware by this rabid beaver and the kids stoned the beaver to death.

Also a police officer shot himself by mistake in Delaware trying to kill a rabid fox. Not sure if that is the one in Rehoboth Beach that bit two people. Flippin Rehoboth Beach has rabid foxes running around.

As if we needed another reason to hate raccoons! Hollywood take note: raccoons are NOT cute!

Awww, they really are cute. I have a couple babies that stop in a couple times a week to sneak a swim in my back yard pond at night and steal crayfish that have some how gotten in there and multiplied into the hundreds. I have an outside wildlife camera that sneaks pics of them sometimes. I do keep my distance though and never leave the dogs out at night.

Maybe stock up on some of these:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E73Jyf2Dzb0"]Duluth Trading Ad: Fire Hose® Work Pants vs. A Giant Angry Beaver - YouTube[/ame]

That is one of the most frightening things I have ever read. :what::what::what: As she is being repeatedly attacked she looked back and all she saw was orange teeth? Orange teeth? Man, I don't want to see anything with orange teeth let alone a fat *** beaver that is biting me with them.

Actually I looked that up and maybe it was a Nutria? Maybe? Although they would have said so, right?

Poor lady. Lives 83 years to get attacked by a beaver with orange teeth.

Somewhere I read they shouldn't have hit him with an oar or board because beavers bite through wood. Like anybody had time to think?

Ewww....did you see those teeth?

What's going on with the beavers? Maybe they got some bad wood?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back