TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.
She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .
Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124
sigpic3550_5.gif

WRCB TV
14595650_BG1.JPG

14595650_BG2.JPG

Thread # 1

Thread # 2

Thread # 3

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137536"]Thread # 4[/ame]

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Media Links

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Timeline

Please continue here...

Can any of the locals reach out to those running the facebook page and creating flyers? I spoke with HCSO this morning-since they are lead on the investigation (yet still working closely with SMPD of course) the flyers may need to be updated with the following phone numbers for HCSO:

HCSO Criminal Investigations
423-209-8940 business hours
423-622-0022 after hours.

Can any of the locals reach out to those running the facebook page and creating flyers? I spoke with HCSO this morning-since they are lead on the investigation (yet still working closely with SMPD of course) the flyers may need to be updated with the following phone numbers for HCSO:

HCSO Criminal Investigations
423-209-8940 business hours
423-622-0022 after hours.

Believe09, I'm not 'quite' a local, but close enough to help out with this. Also I have a lot of SAR contacts in the area. Would that help?

I hope Gail is safe somewhere. But I won't lie- I am concerned she was injured in an accident somewhere that has not been driven/searched by locals. Perhaps she got farther than we think, and had an accident. Do you know if Gail smokes or drinks? That is not a character assasination btw AT ALL- just trying to think of where she might have stopped in, such as a convenience store or something?

I think that your questions are good ones Oriah. And yes, any update to the contact info will help.

I was intrigued to find out the department assigned to this case for HCSO.

I think that your questions are good ones Oriah. And yes, any update to the contact info will help.

I was intrigued to find out the department assigned to this case for HCSO.

Will do, Believe09.

Also I have a question for any locals- what was the weather like that morning at that specific time? I can look it up and will but would prefer a locals input. TIA.....

I too was interested to find the dept assigned was HCSO.

Will do, Believe09.

Also I have a question for any locals- what was the weather like that morning at that specific time? I can look it up and will but would prefer a locals input. TIA.....

I know Oriah-and the Criminal Investigations dept at that!

BBM

Good to hear and thank you for letting us know.

I'd feel a little better if we knew LE had talked to the children and has gone over the puters, etc.

They have not. This is to say that no-one has observed any such activity around the house....conflicting info about whether the children were questioned around April 2 when missing reports were first made, but since then there is nothing to indicate that the children have been questioned further.

April 30th was warm, sunny and relatively cloudless...hard to believe it was so beautiful after the Storms Wednesday. Infact, weather had been warm, sunny and clear since Thursday as far as I remember...but deffinately on the 30th.

Bombshell: Matt Palmgren has been fired by Blue Cross for skipping a work conference in Pennsylvania along with a female employee who met up with him there while on a work-related trip the week before Gail disappeared.

At the same time, Sheriff Jim Hammond has made a statement that it is "highly unusual" that Gail's red Jeep hasn't been discovered.

Chattanoogan 6/7/2011 ~ Husband of Missing Signal Mt. Woman is Fired by Blue Cross

Attorney Bryan Hoss confirmed that Matthew C. Palmgren, Pharm D., received a termination letter on Monday afternoon.

(snip)

Sources said about a week prior to the disappearance of Gail Palmgren that Matt Palmgren flew to Pennsylvania to attend an insurance conference.

Sources said he left the conference without attending any of the sessions and joined a female BlueCross employee at another location, then they drove back to Chattanooga together after she allegedly bought a car there.

BlueCross officials said they could not confirm reports that the female BlueCross official has also been terminated.

Will do, Believe09.

As I recall, the weather right after the tornadoes was absolutely beautiful and clear. I remember because it was such a contrast to the stormy weather and I was relieved that the electric crews and rescuers didn't have to work in the rain. Also, we had no electricity so I cooked outside on a charcoal grill for those days and made coffee in the morning. I don't think it rained again until the Tuesday after she disappeared.

The only difference on the mountain might be that sometimes there is a little fog because it is higher elevation, but I don't recall any fog in the valley on those days at all. Someone from Signal would have to tell you that.

Of course by noon on Saturday any fog surely would have burned off.

But the ground certainly would still be wet, correct? Even TN fog will do that (at 7:40AM) much less the tornadoes and rain that came through just prior to. I am still interested in foot print impressions. Were there any casts made? Also- the fire breaks and what not behind the residence.... tire tracks?

Yes the ground was wet of course from the storms, which were on April 27th, although it would have dried out fast because it was hot and sunny.

As I recall, there are woods behind the residence and her neighbor saw her drive away.

I suppose the next step would be lining up whether the other employee was something more than a friend.

I guess the Administrative Leave wasnt so Mr Palmgren could deal with his missing wife.

Snipped from ThoughtFox's article:

Sheriff Hammond said, "It is highly unusual that it has been this long and her vehicle has not been spotted."

I would say this puts to rest any of the sightings that have been reported. :(

As I recall, the weather right after the tornadoes was absolutely beautiful and clear. I remember because it was such a contrast to the stormy weather and I was relieved that the electric crews and rescuers didn't have to work in the rain. Also, we had no electricity so I cooked outside on a charcoal grill for those days and made coffee in the morning. I don't think it rained again until the Tuesday after she disappeared.

The only difference on the mountain might be that sometimes there is a little fog because it is higher elevation, but I don't recall any fog in the valley on those days at all. Someone from Signal would have to tell you that.

Sorry- my bad. should have gone into Holly's thread. Files getting complicated.

Bombshell: Matt Palmgren has been fired by Blue Cross for skipping a work conference in Pennsylvania along with a female employee who met up with him there while on a work-related trip the week before Gail disappeared.

At the same time, Sheriff Jim Hammond has made a statement that it is "highly unusual" that Gail's red Jeep hasn't been discovered.

Chattanoogan 6/7/2011 ~ Husband of Missing Signal Mt. Woman is Fired by Blue Cross

Attorney Bryan Hoss confirmed that Matthew C. Palmgren, Pharm D., received a termination letter on Monday afternoon.

(snip)

Sources said about a week prior to the disappearance of Gail Palmgren that Matt Palmgren flew to Pennsylvania to attend an insurance conference.

Sources said he left the conference without attending any of the sessions and joined a female BlueCross employee at another location, then they drove back to Chattanooga together after she allegedly bought a car there.

BlueCross officials said they could not confirm reports that the female BlueCross official has also been terminated.

Hate to quote myself but ~ where is everybody? :crazy:

I think this is a huge deal because it goes to MP's state of mind, illicit activities, and just plain dishonesty even to MP's employer.

If he and this woman drove away from Pennsylvania, where did they go? Where did the other employees think they were going?

So is BC/BS doing this just to distance themselves from the investigation? Or have they done their own internal investigation and found that shady stuff happened on more than one occasion? I'm thinking this trip to Pennsylvania is the tip of the iceberg.

It also fits with the receipts from the downtown hotels near BC/BS. I never believed the theory that those were from MP leaving the house and going to stay downtown. I think Gail was the one who left the house every time after the 911 calls. So the receipts were from trysts with another employee.

Also, Sheriff Hammond seems skeptical that Gail's jeep has not been spotted anywhere close by. I think that is another huge statement after a weekend search has turned up nothing again.

Also, Sheriff Hammond seems skeptical that Gail's jeep has not been spotted anywhere close by. I think that is another huge statement after a weekend search has turned up nothing again.
Respectfully snipped.

I read it as the Sheriff taking it one step further-Gail's jeep has not been spotted. I took it to mean anywhere.

Hate to quote myself but ~ where is everybody? :crazy:

I think this is a huge deal because it goes to MP's state of mind, illicit activities, and just plain dishonesty even to MP's employer.

If he and this woman drove away from Pennsylvania, where did they go? Where did the other employees think they were going?

So is BC/BS doing this just to distance themselves from the investigation? Or have they done their own internal investigation and found that shady stuff happened on more than one occasion? I'm thinking this trip to Pennsylvania is the tip of the iceberg.

It also fits with the receipts from the downtown hotels near BC/BS. I never believed the theory that those were from MP leaving the house and going to stay downtown. I think Gail was the one who left the house every time after the 911 calls. So the receipts were from trysts with another employee.

BBM:Couldn't agree more with this. I think she got a lot farther than was originally thought. MOO.

Nope...sometimes it's foggy all day up here, but gorgeous in the valley! That's usually October/November though.
No fog up here on the 30th ....but when it rained again (I think you're right about Tuesday)...it poured and poured. The ground was still very very wet on the 30th though and water was still gushing off the bluffs and over the W, but no longer running over the roads.

The Admin leave makes much more sense now though...we had thought it was due to a breach of ethical conduct re: his contract. which would eventually lead to removal of pay and then him voluntarily quitting as a result. Worry of him taking another job and leaving the area was on our minds. Being fired for this reason though, puts finding another job further over the horizon and will make life very difficult.
Obsession with this woman to the exclusion of reasonable well-thought-out behavior seems very evident in the light of this development.
Any paranoia that Gail may have exhibited seems much more reasonable at this point, doesn't it??

Wow.

I agree this is very big news. Maybe this will encourage people who have been quiet to start talking now. I know employees at Blue Cross who told me that nobody was talking about this at all -- they all knew about the affair with MP's fellow employee and about her divorce, but everything had been shut down as far as any chatter was concerned.

And LE has spoken too. This gives much needed hope that maybe things are getting ready to break open. My thoughts are with Gail's safe return, and that her children are being well taken care of.

Nope...sometimes it's foggy all day up here, but gorgeous in the valley! That's usually October/November though.
No fog up here on the 30th ....but when it rained again (I think you're right about Tuesday)...it poured and poured. The ground was still very very wet on the 30th though and water was still gushing off the bluffs and over the W, but no longer running over the roads.

Indeed ~ for Oriah's question about the weather conditions and tracks, the rain on May 3rd renders it all moot anyway. That was the day after she was reported missing on May2nd by her husband. Tire tracks, footprints - all of it would be gone aftter the heavy rain.

The Admin leave makes much more sense now though...we had thought it was due to a breach of ethical conduct re: his contract. which would eventually lead to removal of pay and then him voluntarily quitting as a result. Worry of him taking another job and leaving the area was on our minds. Being fired for this reason though, puts finding another job further over the horizon and will make life very difficult.
Obsession with this woman to the exclusion of reasonable well-thought-out behavior seems very evident in the light of this development.

Any paranoia that Gail may have exhibited seems much more reasonable at this point, doesn't it??

Yes indeed. I was thinking the same thing! Maybe she tried to call her husband at the conference and he wasn't there? Maybe other employees covered for him, even if they didn't really know what he was doing?

I would feel paranoid in that situation, thinking the rest of the world knows something and you don't.

I've known people whose spouses were unfaithful and they were the last to know, and it is a terrible sense of betrayal, just devastating.

That this conference in question happened just a week before Gail went missing seems incredible. I'm still trying to process what that might mean for the 911 call and the trip to Alabama.

It is definitely appropriate to speculate that Matt and Gail had some dialogue regarding this, if he was having an affair and if Gail knew about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member