Woman refuses to let security check her breasts to board flight.

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A new layer of security at the nation's airports last month caught a Mira Mesa woman by surprise. Now Ava Kingsford wants other women to know just how uncomfortable the "secondary screening" process can become.

Kingsford, 36, was traveling back to San Diego from Denver International Airport with her 3-month-old son when she was flagged for a pat-down search, possibly because of an expired driver's license. She took the procedure in stride until the female Transportation Security Administration screener announced, "I'm going to feel your breasts now."

Kingsford, wearing a snug-fitting tank top, objected to what she considered an unduly invasive search. More security agents arrived, warned her that she couldn't board her flight without submitting to the final step of the search, and the situation escalated.

"I was crying; I was shaking," she said. And just after she tugged down the top of her shirt just a bit to show that she wasn't hiding anything, the agents told her she wasn't going anywhere. She ended up renting a car for a two-day drive home.

"It was unbelievable," Kingsford said. "I think there is a line they cannot cross."

But Transportation Security Administration officials say their screeners did nothing wrong and that Kingsford's experience reflects a brutal new reality in passenger checkpoint screening.

The agency announced the extra security measures Sept. 16, just a few weeks after two Russian jetliners exploded in midair, killing all aboard. Authorities believe two women smuggled explosives onto the aircraft, possibly in "torso packs" underneath their clothing.

Full Story

hi cass! ' hi honey, is that a bomb in your bra or you just happy to see me?'

sorry she had to go thru that. wouldn't an x-ray have done as well?

I think it's going a little far when you have to get a mammogram to fly :rolleyes:

OK I am not qualified in this but I am willing to give it a go if it will help security :)

Hugh said:
OK I am not qualified in this but I am willing to give it a go if it will help security :)
Not qualified? you never seen or handled any before? poor lad :(

my hubby is an expert. :dance:

Now Now Casshew, I have "Handled" (how romantic) a few in my time but not in a professional sense.

Hugh said:

Hugh, you are WAY too educated to be a security guard. I think an inability to speak intelligently is a prerequisite.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back