GUILTY CA - Apple Valley, Young woman fatally shot, May'11 - Raquel Rayas

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- San Bernardino County investigators are asking for the public's help to identify a female that was found in the Deep Creek area of unincorporated Apple Valley.
The woman was found suffering from a traumatic injury Tuesday afternoon. She was flown to a local hospital where she died Wednesday.
The victim is described as a Hispanic female with brown hair and brown eyes, in her early to mid 20s, 5 feet 4 inches tall and 120 pounds. She had a "no regrets, just mistakes" tattoo on her left wrist and "Goddess" tattoo on her lower back.
Detectives have not released the cause of death. Anyone with information is urged to call the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department at 909-387-8313. Callers wishing to remain anonymous may contact the We-Tip Hotline at 800-782-4763.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8143215

Attachments

• 8143231_448x252.jpg
    8143231_448x252.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 42
I appears as if the word NO or NO and something below the O was scratched into her arm and left the letters scared. I can't get the picture carried over to the thread enlarged but I see an N with an O beneath and to the left of the no regrets tat see what looks like a light tat of a book?

Can someone carry the picture over to the thread enlarged?

I appears as if the word NO or NO and something below the O was scratched into her arm and left the letters scared. I can't get the picture carried over to the thread enlarged but I see an N with an O beneath and to the left of the no regrets tat see what looks like a light tat of a book?

Can someone carry the picture over to the thread enlarged?
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8143215

8143231_448x252.jpg

8143231_448x252.jpg

TY for carrying the photo over JBean.

to point out what I was talking about in my post above. At the N in No mistakes it appears as if there is a scarred circle over the N. This kind of looks like what some people call a 'bowl burn' when someone would scar their arm with a hot marijuana pipe. Directly above that looks like the letter N scratched or carved into the arm.

Starting with the G in regrets one can see what looks like a light or faded or tried to remove? tatoo of some kind. Upon closer look it appears to be the outline of a book.

I think I might see the word Visa? Or something similiar in the top area of what looks like an outlined book. Hard to tell because the letters are so light.....

Looks like the "goddess" was covering something too?

8143231_448x252-1.jpg

After doing a search on the tattoo "no regrets, just mistakes" tattoo on left wrist two *advertiser censored* stars came up with the same Tats. None of the girls have the other tattoo but at the point this info was put online they may not of had the tat yet.

1). Eva Ellington

Performer AKA Eva, Evah
Birthday September 08, 1988
Astrology Virgo
Birthplace Boston, MA, USA
Years Active 2008-2010 (Started around 20 years old)
Ethnicity Caucasian
Nationality/Heritage American
Hair Color Dark Brown
Measurements 32B-23-33
Height 5 feet, 1 inches (155 cm)
Weight 105 lbs (48 kg)
Tattoos Small design with red heart above right buttcheek; Purple flower and "*advertiser censored*" above left buttcheek; Heart left of pubes; "No Regrets, Just Mistakes" inside left wrist (2009); "*advertiser censored*" inside left foot (converted to 3 stars in 2009)
Non-Ear Piercings Tongue; Navel x2

2). Jenna Moretti

Babe Name:Jenna Moretti
Profession:*advertiser censored* Star
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Country of Origin: United States United States
Province / State: NJ - New Jersey
Place of Birth:
Date of Birth: February 15, 1990 (21 years old)
Aliases: Jayden Williams, Jayden Lee, Jenna Nikole
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Height: 167 cm - 5 feet and 6 inches
Weight: 55 kg - 121 lbs
Measurements: 32B-26-34
Fake *advertiser censored*: No

Endangered Runaway
ROXANA MELENDEZ
DOB: Sep 13, 1993
Missing: Feb 6, 2011
Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: Hispanic
Age Now: 17
Sex: Female
Weight: 115 lbs (52 kg)
Hair: Black
Missing From:
UNION CITY
CA
United States
Roxana may still be in the local area or she may travel to Bakersfield, California. She has several tattoos and her nicknames are Rosy and Roxy.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=64510

no mention of any tats but:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=65483

JESSICA CARDENAS

DOB: Jan 12, 1994
Missing: Jan 29, 2011
Height: 5'4" (163 cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: Hispanic
Age Now: 17
Sex: Female
Weight: 160 lbs (73 kg)
Hair: Brown
Missing From:
MARINA
CA
United States
Jessica may be in the company of an adult male. They may still be in the local area or they may travel to Salinas, California.

For some reason I get the impression that parts of the tattoo pics were photoshopped out? I've seen that before when LE releases pics to the press and they are withholding information for some reason, so I wouldn't read to much into whatever you are "seeing" behind the tattoos.

Apple Valley is right up the road from me and for some reason I keep coming back to this thread. I wish they would release a sketch of her.

Thanks for the update! Poor thing, I hope they find her killer soon. :(

She was very beautiful and the same age as my daughter. Breaks my heart.

From February 2014:

http://www.vvdailypress.com/article/20140210/news/302109973

An Apple Valley man has been sentenced to 50 years to life in prison for shooting a woman to death near Deep Creek in 2011, while his co-defendant awaits her next court appearance after her trial ended with a hung jury.

Joseph Villa, 25, was convicted in December on murder and kidnapping charges. Judge R. Glenn Yabuno sentenced Villa to 50 years to life in state prison on Friday.

Villa's co-defendant, 40-year-old Angela Lucia Sanchez of Apple Valley, remains in custody after a jury could not reach a decision on the murder and kidnapping charges she faces. According to court records, 10 of 12 jurors voted to convict her.

March 2016:

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20160322/apple-valley-woman-sentenced-in-deep-creek-murder

An Apple Valley woman was sentenced to nearly 14 years in prison last week for her part in the 2011 kidnapping and murder of Raquel Rayas near Deep Creek.

Angela Sanchez pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter and kidnapping, and admitted that the other person involved in the crimes, Joseph Villa, was armed during the incident, according to Deputy District Attorney David Foy.

Villa was found guilty of first-degree murder and kidnapping in December 2013 by a jury in a San Bernardino court and received 50 years to life, but Sanchez's trial resulted in a hung jury two days later.

Foy told the Daily Press Tuesday that the case was then moved to Rancho Cucamonga because the trial judge had been transferred to that city, and Foy wanted to keep the same judge in the event of a retrial.

"After getting a new attorney," Foy said, "(Sanchez) accepted the plea deal that was offered during the first trial."

Amid Sanchez and Villa's contentions and statements, Foy said it's still unclear precisely what the real motive was behind Rayas' murder.

In October, Swamp Murders on the ID network did an episode on this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back