*MERGED THREADS*GUILTY or NOT GUILTY? (Florida jury instructions added)

Casey Anthony is

• Guilty

Votes: 446 91.8%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 14 2.9%
  • Unable to reach a verdict

Votes: 26 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nali87

Reaction score
The prosecution will rest tomorrow. Based on all you've heard, do you think Casey is guilty or not guilty?
Let's pretend shall we?

judge-perry.jpg

HERE ARE THE JURY INSTRUCTIONS:

When there will be instructions on both premeditated and felony murder, the following explanatory paragraph should be read to the jury.
There are two ways in which a person may be convicted of first degree murder. One is known as premeditated murder and the other is known as felony murder.

To prove the crime of First Degree Premeditated Murder, the State must prove the following three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. (Victim) is dead.

2. The death was caused by the criminal act of (defendant).

3. There was a premeditated killing of (victim).

Definitions.
An “act” includes a series of related actions arising from and performed pursuant to a single design or purpose.

“Killing with premeditation” is killing after consciously deciding to do so. The decision must be present in the mind at the time of the killing. The law does not fix the exact period of time that must pass between the formation of the premeditated intent to kill and the killing. The period of time must be long enough to allow reflection by the defendant. The premeditated intent to kill must be formed before the killing.

The question of premeditation is a question of fact to be determined by you from the evidence. It will be sufficient proof of premeditation if the circumstances of the killing and the conduct of the accused convince you beyond a reasonable doubt of the existence of premeditation at the time of the killing.

To prove the crime of First Degree Felony Murder, the State must prove the following three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. (Victim) is dead.

Give 2a, 2b, or 2c as applicable.
a. [The death occurred as a consequence of and while (defendant) was engaged in the commission of (crime alleged).]

b. [The death occurred as a consequence of and while (defendant) was attempting to commit (crime alleged).]

c. [The death occurred as a consequence of and while (defendant), or an accomplice, was escaping from the immediate scene of (crime alleged).]

Give 3a if defendant actual perpetrator.
3. a. [(Defendant) was the person who actually killed (victim).]

In order to convict of First Degree Felony Murder, it is not necessary for the State to prove that the defendant had a premeditated design or intent to kill.

P.S IN THIS CASE: Aggravated child abuse.

http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/JN...9829d8cfcf983df58525775a00745ee9!OpenDocument

Guilty of murder in the First Degree.

Without a doubt, GUILTY of Murder One!

It says this thread has had 10 views, but there are 38 votes. ??? How does that happen?

Not what everyone wants to hear, I know, but at this point, I still don't think I could vote for first degree murder. Manslaughter, yes.

Guilty of first degree murder! Sentenced to DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what I know what I know - by following this case since 2008. I'm going to err on the side of caution right now because I also knew that OJ was guilty too (another different animal). What's the jury thinking - that's what matters to me, and makes me a nervous wreck.

So I voted unable to reach a verdict based on what the state presented. Though I know in my heart she is guilty, will the verdict be the same.

I might have to up my blood pressure meds by the time this over. And also stop taking showers at 3:00 in the afternoon! LOL

Hugs to all of you who have been there on this long and often painful jury. It's not over yet, and I'm just praying - JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE.

MOO

Mel

WAIT - So in Florida, In order to convict of First Degree Felony Murder, it is not necessary for the State to prove that the defendant had a premeditated design or intent to kill!?

IS THIS TRUE?
The site I found it on, seems legitimate. But at first, I was just kidding around. So now that I'm actually reading the jury instructions for Florida, is the above correct??

the site is correct. capital murder would include a death that occured during the commission of a felony, in this case aggravated child abuse.

it does NOT HAVE THE BE PREMEDITATED though it can be found to be, of course.

ETA guilty as charged - both of premeditated murder and aggravated child abuse IMHO

WAIT - So in Florida, In order to convict of First Degree Felony Murder, it is not necessary for the State to prove that the defendant had a premeditated design or intent to kill!?

IS THIS TRUE?
The site I found it on, seems legitimate. But at first, I was just kidding around. So now that I'm actually reading the jury instructions for Florida, is the above correct??

Yes, in Flordia the state does NOT have to prove premeditation.

Not what everyone wants to hear, I know, but at this point, I still don't think I could vote for first degree murder. Manslaughter, yes.

My heart is going there as well, as much as I don't want it to. The SA is asking for the ultimate punishment and I just don't know if they got there. Maybe on rebuttal perhaps.

MOO

Mel

I think that after you hear the DT present their ridiculous version of events, as they try and blame it all on Roy Kronk and George, then you may see the light. Just sayin...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10