Votes: 261 60.6%
  • Jeff Ashton

Votes: 170 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kentjbkent

DELETE ACCOUNT
Reaction score
WITHOUT taking Jeff Ashton's previous emotional case summary during a previous hearing into consideration (since the jury has not heard it)..

And based SOLELY on the demeanor of the prosecuting attorneys during witness questioning, and how you feel the jurors responded to them...

Who do you think would serve Caylee best in presenting the final, impassionate prosecution case summary during Closing Arguments?

I think LDB did a fantastic job with the OS, Sometimes I find it hard to follow JA because he doesn't always speak clearly. JMHO please no death threats lol

this is strictly an opinion, but I think Jeff Ashton should give the closing.

I loved the way LDB presented the evidence, methodically, calmly, logically, and it was easy to follow a story line without ever having to hear her say "this is what Casey did to Caylee". Her presentation did it for her.

However

when it comes to persuasion, when it comes to enlisting you on the side of right vs. wrong, I think Jeff is the more likely to appeal to the jury. If you watch him throughout the trial when others are presenting or questioning, you can see his thoughts on his face. He thinks Baez is a tool and JA spends a lot of time trying NOT to laugh at JB. He has the look of a man who appreciates common sense and does not suffer fools gladly, and I think that will come across in his presentation.

Dont get me wrong, I admire LDB beyond words. But for compassion and expression, I find her a little hard to read as a person. Jeff wears his heart on his sleeve even when its not he who is cross examining or questioning. and his voice carries better, it has more passion. Linda WOULD be my preference however if Casey ever takes the stand, to do the cross. Hands down. (she will get the "rise" out of Casey we want if ICA takes the stand).

but for closing ... I want to see Jeff do it. I think LDB will lose the jury's focus on closing.

This was very tough for me to choose. I'd love to hear either one present closing, but I ended up choosing LDB. It might seem a strange way to have tilted me towards LDB, but I keep thinking of Dr. G and her compelling, convincing testimony. With Dr. G's testimony, and LDB's closing...I don't know. It just seems right.

Sorry, that sounds vague. Hard to describe.

Oh my that is a very hard choice. I'm gonna have to sleep on it.

I think LDB should do it. She is lead in this case. She is methodical and will be sure to make all the right points. She seems to be very organized and will make sure her closing is complete. Now I know she isn't a real razzle dazzle personality when she is working. If she could just have confidence that the Prosecution did a great job, and deliver it with passion, I think she is the one that should deliver the closing.

this is strictly an opinion, but I think Jeff Ashton should give the closing.

I loved the way LDB presented the evidence, methodically, calmly, logically, and it was easy to follow a story line without ever having to hear her say "this is what Casey did to Caylee". Her presentation did it for her.

However

when it comes to persuasion, when it comes to enlisting you on the side of right vs. wrong, I think Jess is the more likely to appeal to the jury. If you watch him throughout the trial when others are presenting or questioning, you can see his thoughts on his face. He thinks Baez is a tool and JA spends a lot of time trying NOT to laugh at JB. He has the look of a man who appreciates common sense and does not suffer fools gladly, and I think that will come across in his presentation.Dont get me wrong, I admire LDB beyond words. But for compassion and expression, I find her a little hard to read as a person. Jeff wears his heart on his sleeve even when its not he who is cross examining or questioning. and his voice carries better, it has more passion. Linda WOULD be my preference however if Casey ever takes the stand, to do the cross. Hands down. (she will get the "rise" out of Casey we want if ICA takes the stand).

but for closing ... I want to see Jeff do it. I think LDB will lose the jury's focus on closing.

BBM and LOL at "tool". I agree. And that is why I had a hard time voting. LDB and JA each have strengths they have brought to this case, IMO.

I guess I will sound heartless, but Casey doesn't like Linda so I picked Linda to do the closing arguments. She gives her mad dog looks and grrr's. Bring out Casey's best till the end. Either one will do a fine job of it though.

I voted for Linda because if Jeff doesn't tend to that cough I don't think I could take much more ;)

He's been really struggling with it lately, and I wouldn't want it to interfere or disrupt what could be a faboo closing.

I love both of them to be quite honest.

MOO

Mel

ETA: I doubt it's a cold cough, as he has no other cold symptoms that are audible (sniffling). I think it could be an asthma or dry tickly throat. I suffer from allergies, so I can certainly relate.

Both are highly intelligent. Ashton tends to get a bit hyper at times and speaks too fast. LDB is very methodical in her presentation and it is easy to pay attention to her. I don't miss much when she speaks. Ashton is great on cross.

JA should do the closing IMO. Linda has done a beautiful job of laying out the 31 days with ease. Any jury should appreciate such a thorough presentation but, I think JA is more demonstative in his passion about crimes against children. especially since it's this child........that they have so diligently worked on for 3 long years.

If for no other reason than continuity.

LDB presented opening arguments.....she should close.

It's a neuro thing.

:great: I voted for Jeff Ashton !

:great: I believe the "passion" he has for justice for Caylee is genuine, and it clearly shows !

I believe all of the SA Team has done a great job, but ...

Since the Closing Statement will be the LAST statement the Jury will hear, I think that Mr. Ashton will put the "fire" that is needed in the Closing Statement for "Justice for Caylee" !

I like LDB's style, but I think Jeff "Make Him Stop" Ashton should give the closing. He will drive home the closing argument with a strong, fiery passion. And I think Casey hates him just a teensy bit more than she does LDB...

This is stictly an opinion. I think LDB should do it. She opened, she needs to close.

Oh I forgot about "Make him Stop" ..... now I'm on the :fence: again

Whoever the jury can best follow and understand without being distracted, and IMO, that is LDB.

I think LDB somehow carries an unspoken sadness for Caylee, and ergo it should be her. Her face always seems to bear the gravity of this case so well. JA is awesome as well, though. No bad choice!

Snippet of JA at Motions Hearings December 11, 2009
Describing two theories of how Caylee died
Starts at 00:34
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rAV535Cgi8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rAV535Cgi8&feature=related[/ame]
Uploaded by weshtv on Dec 11, 2009
(((not sure how to upload without having video box show up))))

If for no other reason than continuity.

LDB presented opening arguments.....she should close.

It's a neuro thing.

First,I am shocked ! Future hubster may get a wee bit upset with you,SOTS.

Second,I voted before I read the first post and based my vote for JA on the argument he gave to make this a DP case. He was passionate and emotional. I think he'll bring the jury to tears.
LDB and JA are a winning team. Either one will bring home Justice for Caylee !

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back