TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.
She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .
Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124
sigpic3550_5.gif

WRCB TV
14595650_BG1.JPG

14595650_BG2.JPG

Thread # 1

Thread # 2

Thread # 3

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137536"]Thread # 4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139299"]TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Media Links

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Timeline

Please continue here...

I'm going to bump my own question here (I hate doing this!) but I need to know-
because the most crucial piece of evidence in this case would be finding Gail, her Jeep, or both.

Should I be looking specifically at the Big Forks area? including lakes as well as shafts both reclamation and current etc?
TIA

<The USGS has them mapped but I have a quick question- are we looking at land reclamation (mines/shafts etc) that existed prior to surface mining law? Or current? Or both?>

I can pull up the actual mapping program used here:
http://tn.gov/environment/tdg/pdf/statemap.pdf

And then zero in on the area. Does anyone have the coordinates they are interested in? Or even the borders of a quadrant (by road name or access road or anything like that?) TIA

FWIW, Oriah-I would love to get a sense of any mining shafts in the Big Forks area somewhere in the neighborhood of where she was sighted. But that is just me.

There was a window of more than 48 hours to move the vehicle around-if it was in Big Forks and Gail was under duress, I think it is reasonable to assume that either she or her vehicle (or traces of both) would be there. JMVHO.

Just my very honest opinion, but I personally am going to put to rest the notion that LE is not doing anything to propel this case along. It is clear that they are, but I think there have been good indications that they were from day one.

If we accept we have an active investigation, where might we be able to help out until they are looking for search volunteers? I think mapping the areas close to where she was last seen makes sense. Perhaps mapping the location of the cell phone ping on Monday makes sense too.

snipped...

I idly asked myself the other day "why do spouses murder instead of divorcing" and my husband suddenly threw out a bunch of ideas:

- History of physical abuse/control issues which escalate to murder.

- They're already mad at their spouse for something, so murder is revenge.

- They don't want to lose money in a divorce and/or they want to inherit their spouse's money instead of lose access to it.

- They don't want criminal activity revealed in a divorce case.

- They're not thinking clearly because of some substance issue.

- They don't want to have to deal with their ex after the divorce.

FWIW, we were talking about the case of the elderly woman who had five previous husbands, all who died, many suspiciously. I can't remember her name, but it was in the news recently.

Three words: Child. Support. Payments.

FWIW, Oriah-I would love to get a sense of any mining shafts in the Big Forks area somewhere in the neighborhood of where she was sighted. But that is just me.

There was a window of more than 48 hours to move the vehicle around-if it was in Big Forks and Gail was under duress, I think it is reasonable to assume that either she or her vehicle (or traces of both) would be there. JMVHO.

Thank you believe09. Now I've got some thing to look at. Will be back later with whatever I can find in that area, both reclaimed and current.

Does anyone recall if MP was at home when Gail left children at home and departed in her Jeep? Also, does anyone know, or is it under wraps as to whether the children have been questioned regarding their Mom?

I live here in Hamilton County and am so worried about Gail. Personally, the idea that she was in the Big Fork area just doesn't make sense in any way for this lady. Wondering if this is a fabrication.

Does anyone recall if MP was at home when Gail left children at home and departed in her Jeep? Also, does anyone know, or is it under wraps as to whether the children have been questioned regarding their Mom?

I live here in Hamilton County and am so worried about Gail. Personally, the idea that she was in the Big Fork area just doesn't make sense in any way for this lady. Wondering if this is a fabrication.
As far as we know, Matt was not home when the kids were dropped off. There is nothing at this point to dispute that.
As far as we know, LE has not been able to question the kids.
Personally, I am not convinced the sighting was of Gail yet.

As far as we know, Matt was not home when the kids were dropped off. There is nothing at this point to dispute that.
As far as we know, LE has not been able to question the kids.
Personally, I am not convinced the sighting was of Gail yet.

bolded by me.

I wonder, too. It seems like we would have heard about an exact match of the license plate and the wheel cover on that sighting, with Gail's Jeep. How could a person not notice such a distinct plate? But then I think of how the witness saw Gail's photo on tv and she recognized her right away.

IIRC, the witness recognized the driver after she saw a report of Gail's disappearance...am I remembering correctly?

The height/weight thing throws me, but there could definitely be an innocent explanation.

Not to mention alimony. MP was blowing through his large salary and borrowing from GP's 401k/severance(?). He probably can't afford alimony + child support + mistress. MOO.

We know Gail was gathering evidence of adultery - she hired a PI, tracked MP's vehicle, found "sexts" in his phone, and acquired hotel receipts. She was likely planning to file for divorce on grounds of adultery. If she could prove that MP was unfaithful and therefore "at fault" for the split, she would likely get more alimony/property than she would in a no-fault divorce.

I don't think we know if GP ever confronted MP with her evidence? (Please correct me if I missed that.) If he knew that GP had proof of the affair, then he knew he was going to get screwed in the divorce. (Pardon the expression.) That's a possible motive. And that may be why he specifically alleged abandonment/desertion in the papers he filed shortly after she went missing. Desertion is valid grounds for divorce in TN and would put GP "at fault".

Another thing I haven't read/heard is if Gail had life insurance. If she did, there's another possible motive.

Just thinking out loud, MOO.

Gail, where are you?? :(

IIRC, the witness recognized the driver after she saw a report of Gail's disappearance...am I remembering correctly?

The height/weight thing throws me, but there could definitely be an innocent explanation.

Yes, she saw a tv report about Gail and recognized her as being the driver of the Jeep she saw. Or she thought she did....

I think he and the girlfriend had been extravagant with money as well.

He definitely showed an inclination to want Gail's money in her own accounts as well as his own. And that's suspicious because he had a high-paying job as an executive, but as soon as she disappeared he started carping to the police about her pin numbers being changed. :maddening:

The only way it would make sense is if someone lured her back there on the pretense that they had seen her missing dog (if it was still missing). Otherwise, why would she risk her nice red jeep on roads like that?

Every scenario that comes to mind is as unlikely as the next.

Need to catch up here again, sorry. Can someone tell me if there was a valid sighting of Gail at the Ace hardware?

I am also curious about this person who came forward and told the media that she possibly believes she saw Gail with a female in the car...I would think if she spoke to police they would have asked her not to speak to the media about this but she did. There are just too many sloppy things going on here with trying to find her---and I don't mean by LE. I dunno, we have all said this but I believe there is so much more going on here than we know and I believe a lot more people are involved.

I should have said a "confirmed" sighting of Gail at the Ace Hardware

believe09, in terms of abandoned mine shafts (that are not collapsed) with ingress, using the USGS mapping program, I found 36 in that area, mostly all phosphate mines. There are also more than quite a few caves, as well as what appear to be rock houses (probably archeological sites I would imagine.) I found 3 active mines. There are also at least 2 abandoned railroad tracks that pass through the area.

I see there has been some discussion as to whether or not this sighting was valid, and I too am skeptical about the height/weight description- however, I think it is certainly possible, given that tips called in immediately after seeing a face on television or a poster frequently have validity in my experience.

Another thing I haven't read/heard is if Gail had life insurance. If she did, there's another possible motive.

Well, she would need to be found deceased, I would imagine, in order for the beneficiary to be paid.

believe09, in terms of abandoned mine shafts (that are not collapsed) with ingress, using the USGS mapping program, I found 36 in that area, mostly all phosphate mines. There are also more than quite a few caves, as well as what appear to be rock houses (probably archeological sites I would imagine.) I found 3 active mines. There are also at least 2 abandoned railroad tracks that pass through the area.

I see there has been some discussion as to whether or not this sighting was valid, and I too am skeptical about the height/weight description- however, I think it is certainly possible, given that tips called in immediately after seeing a face on television or a poster frequently have validity in my experience.

Now we are talking...can locals weigh on on these mine shafts, caves and RR tracks that Oriah mapped? Are they well known, how would they be discovered, are they easily located or does it take some work to get there? Could you drive to any of them in a Jeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth